Gallardo successor HURACAN information and release

Assman

I saw it yesterday AM in LA and after 24 hours I am still very impressed. I think it is the best looking car they have put out since the Countach. I know this is a bold statement but those are my thoughts right now. The photos do not do the car justice and in person the Huracan is striking.

I agree with what others have posted. It is a bit wider and it looks wider than a Gallardo. I was also told it is a bit longer.

Interior is excellent as posted above.

The rear diffuser will look much better in carbon when available but is tolerable as is.

Rear bonnet area is excellent and I personally liked the forged CF.

Wish it had perforated leather steering wheel and dark rims offered early.

My order is in!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The DCT alone is worth the price of the upgrade IMO, everything else is just a bonus. I believe the other upgrades including the looks will make for the perfect overall package. I love the look of the LPs, and I am glad that Lambo didnt go more radical with the design of the Huracan. It wouldnt make any sense for it to look more radical or better than the Aventador. I dont see it competing with used Aventadors all that much, since it will be a lot more useable. The Huracan will be a homerun IMO, I cant wait to see it in person.

:iamwithstupid:

IMO Dual clutch has no feel. I hope Lamborghini came up with a solution. I've driven all the top cars in that price range with a DCT and they're all boring. If Lambo has solved the lack of feel issue with DCT's, the Huracan will be very special.

Just called them and ask to have some extra bang dialed into it, problem solved :icon_thumleft:

From what I am reading I think they worked on that and we won't be disappointed, you are fighting a losing battle similar with the manual transmission, manual is out, single clutch is out, DCT is in, don't worry soon we will have SMCS (seamless mind control shift ) than it will be time for the DCT lovers to be disappointed and cry :icon_mrgreen:

I wish it was that is :(

could've flew to SG when it was here...i think its in KL by now, or maybe already left..not sure

and yes, the new CF..(you guys call it forged CF?) looks ugly on the engine bay*too messy*...much prefer the old CF weave.

the car i saw was close to this color i believe.

grey_lamborghini_aventador_lp700_4_6-800-600.jpg

One note of warning for people going to LA showing: DO NOT BRING A NICE CAR! We drove down there in the Diablo 6.0, and when the valet came back with it, it was smoking like crazy out the engine bay and reeking of clutch!! He didn't know how to turn off the parking brake, so he just drove with it on while riding the clutch. fcuking unbelievable! Anyway, event management promised that they'll "take care of it". But WTF that you can't drive a fcuking Lamborghini to a Lamborghini event without having it damaged. /rant

that sucks!!!

IMO Dual clutch has no feel. I hope Lamborghini came up with a solution. I've driven all the top cars in that price range with a DCT and they're all boring. If Lambo has solved the lack of feel issue with DCT's, the Huracan will be very special.

Out with the old and in with the new....get used to it bro!

I'll get used to it when someone finally does it right! :icon_super:

DCT is a welcome addition to the Huracan, dont worry there are plenty of OTHER cars out there for you to enjoy! :icon_thumleft:

Active AWD sounds badass. Donut time!

Can someone please confirm this?! It's fcuking driving me nuts.

Has anyone been told how the AWD system works if it is or isn't an active system that you can control from steering wheel?

Has anyone been told how the AWD system works if it is or isn't an active system that you can control from steering wheel?

I'll see if I can email you a file I have there was active steering which was cool. I don't remember the whole presentation ADHD squirrel.

The Veyron didn't get it right?

I did say, "in that price range." :icon_mrgreen:

The Veyron is amazing. Every part of those cars work together to deliver a very specific experience. I think its important that the shifts aren't too brutal in the Veyron - It goes so fast that a proper shift might literally break your neck in that car! That said, Veyron shifts in an Aventador would not be good. The Aventador is more about brut force and the Bugatti is more about a balance of many things, including; speed, luxury, comfort, sportiness and science.

Did you find out what comes standard with the car? As I said, here, because of our prices they are throwing us a bone with some inclusions which are optional in other countries, you might find that some of the options you want will be standard in China.

Std = metallic colours, unicolour seats, bluetooth, navi, tpms, multifunction wheels, tone to tone stitching, decorative stitching. Nothing else, no bonnet, no LDS, no Magneto suspension... cost me a fortune and really split on what to order. Looks like the glass is a must so I heard. They have LED lit engine with forged carbon cover so I heard.

Just came back from the LA showing. Very nice! Car has a lot of presence. Looks wider than the Gallardo, though I'm sure it's not. Only nit would be that the rear bumper/defuser looks a little plasticy. So do a couple of the interior bits. But that's really small potatoes, imo. Compared to the price of the car, I say this is a hit! Question now is: What color?!

One note of warning for people going to LA showing: DO NOT BRING A NICE CAR! We drove down there in the Diablo 6.0, and when the valet came back with it, it was smoking like crazy out the engine bay and reeking of clutch!! He didn't know how to turn off the parking brake, so he just drove with it on while riding the clutch. fcuking unbelievable! Anyway, event management promised that they'll "take care of it". But WTF that you can't drive a fcuking Lamborghini to a Lamborghini event without having it damaged. /rant

Rosso Mars is std here, Giallo Midas is what I want, Verde Mantis too brave for my profession. I am split. Rosso Mars is good and proper lambo colour but the problem is over here, anything Red (or pretty much most of the World), it's a Ferrari. If it's a McLaren, it's a Lotus. Funny, the other day, parked 3 cars, 1 Lambo in Yellow, 1 Ferrari, 1 McLaren in Orange. People correctly identified the Lambo and Ferrari and people couldn't name the MP4 and a kid went up with his folks and the folks said, "O I KNOW, it's a NIKE..." 100% real account.

Rob it could be a Haldex permanent AWD, electronically controlled system with a multiplate hydraulic clutch, look it up, there are photos and videos on the net explaining how it works.

IMO it's a kick ass system.

link with a bit of info

http://www.awdwiki.com/en/all+wheel+drive+...all_wheel_drive

until the mid 2014 update comes out... rumor is another 40hp bump!

im going to the lambo Miami feb 8th showing. if anyone else from here is going let me know.

Rumour can't be true. If they bump it by 40 making it 650, it leaves little space for the SL and puts it to close to big brother. But at 610 it is a laggard now.

It's odd in the US that CCB's are standard but the lift system is an option. It should be the other way around.

If you spec the magneto-rheological dampers do you automatically get the lift or are they two separate options?

If you spec the magneto-rheological dampers do you automatically get the lift or are they two separate options?

sorry, ccbs are all standard everywhere. Lift system parking sensor, LDS, Magneto, electric seats are all options.

If you get the car as is, get metallic colour lift and parking sensors/or camera and car is good as is. No glass bonnet (maybe an issue when it becomes to resale as I hard it is a feature to showoff the forged carbon), no option. Plain vanilla, car is good as is but I have always heard the LDS and Magneto are must have as they are superb. I think the LDS is a love or hate as it may take away steering feel.

The car seems very high tech despite no numbers and no test yet.

It will do well with a tiny bump in HP to keep on par with the competitors despite it is not applicable to most but just to keep the product up to date as the newest supercar super weapon. 640 is a minimum but the nomenclature prevents that from happening since it is already LP610-4 and not LP640-4. It can use the MP4 upgrades. MP4 upgrades the hp every year. 458 stays the same.

Std = metallic colours, unicolour seats, bluetooth, navi, tpms, multifunction wheels, tone to tone stitching, decorative stitching. Nothing else, no bonnet, no LDS, no Magneto suspension... cost me a fortune and really split on what to order. Looks like the glass is a must so I heard. They have LED lit engine with forged carbon cover so I heard.

when will you be able to see the car? make a decision when you see it, spec it with things which you will enjoy all the time and you can't retrofit (mechanical) get the color that you like and don't worry too much about cosmetics, there will be tone of options down the track.

Also few tricks of speccing the car smartly in highly taxed countries where cars cost an arm and a leg, generally fees and taxes are a certain percentage of the total price of the car after you've selected all the options.

Thick the boxes only for the options which can't be retrofitted but things like wheels, carbon trim, rear decklid, etc. leave them off the list for now, buy them later either via the spare parts department or import them yourself, buy new take off parts from members here etc. this way not only you will save on taxes you will also get to retain the standard parts which come with the car by default.

Wheels for example, you don't select the optional wheels at purchase, you buy them later, almost the same price if not cheaper and you still get to retain the standard wheels as a bonus, rear decklid same scenario etc.

It might seem like a lot of trouble to go through but in some instances you talking $50k plus in options which you can have for a hell of a lot less, when you pay close to $1 mil for the car and you looking at 30% to 40% depreciation in the first 18 months everything helps :icon_mrgreen: