Gallardo successor HURACAN information and release

Assman

when will you be able to see the car? make a decision when you see it, spec it with things which you will enjoy all the time and you can't retrofit (mechanical) get the color that you like and don't worry too much about cosmetics, there will be tone of options down the track.

Also few tricks of speccing the car smartly in highly taxed countries where cars cost an arm and a leg, generally fees and taxes are a certain percentage of the total price of the car after you've selected all the options.

Thick the boxes only for the options which can't be retrofitted but things like wheels, carbon trim, rear decklid, etc. leave them off the list for now, buy them later either via the spare parts department or import them yourself, buy new take off parts from members here etc. this way not only you will save on taxes you will also get to retain the standard parts which come with the car by default.

Wheels for example, you don't select the optional wheels at purchase, you buy them later, almost the same price if not cheaper and you still get to retain the standard wheels as a bonus, rear decklid same scenario etc.

It might seem like a lot of trouble to go through but in some instances you talking $50k plus in options which you can have for a hell of a lot less, when you pay close to $1 mil for the car and you looking at 30% to 40% depreciation in the first 18 months everything helps :icon_mrgreen:

tks, agree. the engine bonnet cannot be retrofitted neither can unicolour sportivo or stitchings. The only things you can retrofit would be calipers (not parking sensors or cameras or LDS or Suspension.) Beside the rims, I can't really see much you can retrofit without much hassle. So while it is helpful, it is probably challenging to try to save the bucks. So the idea is, just get them now or never. Depreciation is a bummer indeed and if that's the case, my plan is get it in Bianco Icarus (safe) / Rosso Mars (launch car colour) and just get lifting and sensor. Forget about everything else. Then I am pretty much looking at a small bill. Then I am struggling a little. Car is an emotional purchase and the last thing I want is to spec a car (while money doesn't grow on trees) trying to save a few bucks only to find that I live with a car for 18 months that is not in a colour I want. Worst, sitting in a cockpit that is bland because I saved bucks on the branding (which cannot be retrofitted). The only thing you can retrofit will be the rims and carbon parts which are NOT available anyway and CF parts to be a real bummer when it comes to costs and it is highly decorative to someone like me. If I wanna save weight, I might as well lose a few pounds :-). So answer is either go basic or just go deeper. The biggest cost to me here will be the glass bonnet which will cost 18-20K with TAX. So that's a big hit. I am slightly inclined to go with Giano RIMS and Louvre. That will save bucks and big bucks and get the interior a little better with LDS and Suspension.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll see if I can email you a file I have there was active steering which was cool. I don't remember the whole presentation ADHD squirrel.

Thanks for the email Raj!

Rob it could be a Haldex permanent AWD, electronically controlled system with a multiplate hydraulic clutch, look it up, there are photos and videos on the net explaining how it works.

IMO it's a kick ass system.

link with a bit of info

http://www.awdwiki.com/en/all+wheel+drive+...all_wheel_drive

Amazing. Lambo is killing it with this stuff

Thanks for the email Raj!

Amazing stuff. Lambo is killing it with this stuff

It should be a very special car to drive with all systems on, AWD, Magnetic Suspension, DCT, Dynamic steering, in Corsa :icon_mrgreen:

tks, agree. the engine bonnet cannot be retrofitted

I am pretty sure you can retrofit it, will it be $20k plus additional taxes? Between that and the wheels you are probably somewhere around $35 to $40k, I know it will be better to get them from the get go but you are the one crying poor :icon_mrgreen:

Get the exact color you like, parking sensors + camera, unicolor sportivo with stitching, lift system, suspension and dynamic steering and you good to go, you can get cosmetic bits and pieces later as they become available.

This design is so similar to the Lotus Esprit prototype. Just look at the rear quarter treatment; Did Donato Coco sell them his design ??

I've seen this argument circling the net since the reveal of the Huracan, quite pointless when you think about it, first time I saw that Lotus I thought I was looking at a Gallardo, lets not forget the Gallardo was well and truly on the market when the design of that Lotus was being conceived.

In relation to the design of the rear side section you are referring to, that's quite a well established Lamborghini design trait, you can see it's evolution in one way or the other in most Lamborghini models, the Huracan drew inspiration from a lot of Lamborghini models, past and present, sure you can see cross over elements in a lot of car designs but I think Lamborghini's gene-pool is large enough in order for them not to require copying a non existing Lotus.

Sorry I couldn't find a white Sesto Elemento :icon_thumleft:

lamborghini_sesto_elemento_hd_wallpaper_for_desktop.jpg

the rest are white:

lamborghini_countach_5000_brown_6.jpg

diablo_nature_white_lamborghini_81488.jpg

74544a.jpg

2012_SR_Auto_Lamborghini_Murcielago_SV_Project_White_Wing_Front_Angle_2.jpg

2008_lamborghini_murcielago_white1_620x465.jpg

White_Aventador_.jpg

I've seen this argument circling the net since the reveal of the Huracan, quite pointless when you think about it, first time I saw that Lotus I thought I was looking at a Gallardo, lets not forget the Gallardo was well and truly on the market when the design of that Lotus was being conceived.

In relation to the design of the rear side section you are referring to, that's quite a well established Lamborghini design trait, you can see it's evolution in one way or the other in most Lamborghini models, the Huracan drew inspiration from a lot of Lamborghini models, past and present, sure you can see cross over elements in a lot of car designs but I think Lamborghini's gene-pool is large enough in order for them not to require copying a non existing Lotus.

post-7524-1389944719_thumb.png

post-7524-1389944698_thumb.png

post-7524-1389944685_thumb.png

post-7524-1389944674_thumb.png

:iamwithstupid:

post-7524-1389944656.jpg

post-7524-1389944941.jpg

Sorry I couldn't find a white Sesto Elemento :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid: Fortis for the WIN!

I am pretty sure you can retrofit it, will it be $20k plus additional taxes? Between that and the wheels you are probably somewhere around $35 to $40k, I know it will be better to get them from the get go but you are the one crying poor :icon_mrgreen:

Get the exact color you like, parking sensors + camera, unicolor sportivo with stitching, lift system, suspension and dynamic steering and you good to go, you can get cosmetic bits and pieces later as they become available.

engine bonnet per dealer, NO RETROFIT... perhaps they are pulling me. Plus I don't trust the dealer doing a proper job if they can. They said they can paint my calipers. They aren't ripping me they told me not to get many things.

They did say do get the Magneto suspension, LDS and lifting and sensor... all else I can skip. Colours, depends if I like Rosso Mars or Safe Colour Bianco... they told m not to get silver, grey or black as they can't sell later (plus I don't like them in grey.)

He even told me to skip the alcantara as that was expensive although I would like it. They are pretty cost saving on my side. They highly recommended the engine bonnet and the forged carbon.

an Aventador LP 720-4 50 th seen on testing before delivery on the Balboni highway friday january 10 at 11.30 a.m. looked to be verde Mantis, a pearl color. I had never saw that color before so maybe i'm wrong.

They told me it probably was a Verde Scandal so i was wrong and Raging Bull was right. So i never saw a Verde Mantis.

Ciao

When i see the car i will tell you exactly if you can retrofit the bonnet, I can't see why you couldn't.

even if they can, I wonder if I want to, for such an important piece of equipment. Painting calipers or CF bumpers ok but... glass bonnet... unsure... plus they said to the the wiring of the new bonnet (LED lited), no retrofit. perhaps I am wrong.

Some additional Huracán photos from blog_Lamborghini Seoul, official dealership in South Korea.

(http://blog.naver.com/honggik94)

Those pics are also included on a brochure that was handed out at the viewings. They handed out a memory stick with the brochure loaded on it in I think 5 different languages.

image.jpg

I just saw it with gLA. Wider than the Gallardo. It looks taller due to the sloping rear roof rather than buttress style rear the Gallardo uses. Pressed carbon looks like particle board painted gloss black. Trunk and rear parcel shelf are noticably smaller. Turn signals on the steering wheel are odd. Rear view mirror is tiny. Looks like it is set up to run Baja. Feels larger inside than an Aventador. Fit, finish and materials are excellent. Definately better than the Gallardo. The headlights intergrated with the turn signals are slick.

Presentation was amateur hour.

Overall great looking car, they are going to sell like hotcakes. Outside was parked a 458, Huracan crushes it looks wise. Looks a lot better in the flesh, the pictures in my mind make it look fat.

Also walking back out to our Gallardos, that design is tough to beat. Lamborghini had it's work cut out improving the design. This time it is evolution rather revolution.

lots of cues from the sesto here. The main thing that photos dont capture is the rear light set up and the diffuser its looks way better in person and there is a lot carried over from the sesto here in terms of the geometry. To me it's more premium than any of the Gallardo's - feels more expensive and seems like its had more design poured into it. Even down to the bonnet mechanism and lifting angles. It looks wider than the Gallardo and appears to look heavier. To me it doesnt look nimble, looks heavy and planted. Seats are firmer and the interior is nicer than the aventador. Looks more advanced than the aventador inside. It's gonna sell.

Just got in from a long but fun day.

Side bar - traveling through Long Island/Manhattan/NY SUCKS and I feel for anyone cursed to have to deal with that crap on a daily basis!!

Car looks good in the metal. The front carries a typical Lambo theme/family look. The rear is also works well. Overall side profile is good. The one area that I have reservation about is the rear quarter area as some others have mentioned, it is a bit chunky in this area. I think in time it will grow on me but I honestly didn't have the "gotta sell my car to get this" feeling. All LED lighting inside and out looks great!

The Interior on the other hand is the major leap forward. The seats are not only great looking but also very comfortable. The console layout is very cool looking and the display area is very hi-tech. As pointed out to us, there are no turn signal or wiper stalks, all are located on the wheel. Cruise control will eventually be an option as well. The a/c vents don't look as strange and out of place as they do in pictures. The door panel design is also nice.

The car was silver with a black/white interior. I like silver cars but it didn't really do the car justice. The interior combo was quite nice.

This has probably been mentioned but base is $247K with Nav & front lift being options among other items. The dealer said a nicely loaded car should be around $265K

Congrats to all that have or going to order one. I'm sure this will be a great driver!

Going to see the car tomorrow in Manhattan, I'm really looking forward to this !!!

Don't think I'm going to be disappointed :)