Official photos of the new 911 Turbo

Nath4N

It looks like ass, not as bad in black or white.

I like the GT3, very much actually, my favorite looking P car after Carrera GT

:iamwithstupid: however the new 918 is looking pretty damn good.

It looks good, but nothing special when put up against an exotic. To me the 911 is all about performance in a quality package while staying somewhat under the radar.

It's way too big.

porsche-911-old-vs-new-front.jpg

I know it's an early 911 in the photo but it at least gives you some scale to compare the 998 to, for fucks sake, it's as big as a 928!

That's not that big when you consider most people with some money are rolling in an A5 or a BMW 5 series. Cars have gotten huge.

:iamwithstupid: its way smaller then the new GT-R compared to the old one.

That's not that big when you consider most people with some money are rolling in an A5 or a BMW 5 series. Cars have gotten huge.

Duh. We're not comparing the 998 to other cars, we're talking about comparing the 998 to a 911.

:iamwithstupid: however the new 918 is looking pretty damn good.

I Agree! The 918 looks great! The Carrera GT is definitely my favorite Porsche, followed by the GT3 RS. The new 911 looks good and will be a performance machine, and I'm sure will be a great daily driver, but there are many other cars I would spend my money on first, preferably an exotic.

Can't say that I love the look of this car. I much prefer the look of the 997 and the 993. Also agree that the prices are getting out of control on these cars.

Porsche are usually conservative with their performance estimates. You can bet that the car will do 0-60 in under 3 seconds once the magazines get a hold of them.

• 1 month later...
It's way too big.

porsche-911-old-vs-new-front.jpg

I know it's an early 911 in the photo but it at least gives you some scale to compare the 998 to, for fucks sake, it's as big as a 928!

Things have moved on....a 928 is tiny by comparison to most modern cars :-) The early P cars are dwarfs....:-)