Blue Hera 2003 Murcielago

Charlie

Any information on this car would be greatly appreciated. Also what do you think of the color? Was supposedly an L.A. LAkers car originally - obviously guy did the Blue Hera and yellow (who?). I am going to pull a carfax on it tomorrow. I physically saw the car today and must be the cleanest Murcie I have seen inside and out. New clutch, complete service, and exhaust at 9,600 miles by SuperCars. Here is the link:

http://www.hubbardautocenter.com/detail-20...d-10055856.html

Thank you in advance for any history, feedback, like, dislike, etc.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My neighbor had a very similar car to this (03,blue exterior, white interior , 6 speed, etc) which he sold last month, but it didnt have the rims. If it is a SoCal car, let me know and I can find out more info.

edit: Nevermind, I just saw all the yellow trim plus alot of the add ons he had are missing.

Thank you AKA Cartman - It is a consignment car. I beleive the owner has a home here and in Canada. Owner is not budging off the $130k mark since he just did $20k worth of service at 9,600 miles (clutch, major, etc).

Thank you for the feedback so far. My main concern is resale value on this COLOR...is this a good re-sale color? The maintenance/service, and the care of the car speak volumes....just want to make sure this is a good resale color.

Thank you AKA Cartman - It is a consignment car. I beleive the owner has a home here and in Canada. Owner is not budging off the $130k mark since he just did $20k worth of service at 9,600 miles (clutch, major, etc).

Thank you for the feedback so far. My main concern is resale value on this COLOR...is this a good re-sale color? The maintenance/service, and the care of the car speak volumes....just want to make sure this is a good resale color.

I don't know about the resale on that color blue, but I know the blue that they used to paint the Diablo roadsters in was a popular color.. However this is 1 hell of a good buy on this car.. Very well done.

My friends that are in the business state wholesale on a Murcie like this and in the condition/records would be $110-115k. Obviously I am not a wholesaler nor is this owner wanting to go under $130k.

My friends that are in the business state wholesale on a Murcie like this and in the condition/records would be $110-115k. Obviously I am not a wholesaler nor is this owner wanting to go under $130k.

Amazingly, when I spoke with Lambo of las vegas last year they tried saying a murcie like this would be wholesale around $90k.. this year I was there in person, and they said show me where you can get one for $115k and I'll take it now..

This is a pretty good buy for the miles, the records, and the decent mods done to it.. However the color is the key like you said.. If you don't like the color then you won't want to live with it.

I don't think it is a bad color at all. Personally I don't like the color matched wheels. Some black Hermera wheels would be hot. Can't imagine resale on it would be bad considering the current price and service history. Seems like a pretty solid buy from what I've seen in the market. Good luck Charlie!

I don't think it is a bad color at all. Personally I don't like the color matched wheels. Some black Hermera wheels would be hot. Can't imagine resale on it would be bad considering the current price and service history. Seems like a pretty solid buy from what I've seen in the market. Good luck Charlie!

I agree - I think the black Hermera wheels would make the car look better! This is not a bad deal for the rims and I would put on the Corsa tires...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-NEW-BLACK-Lamborghini-LP640-Murcielago-HERMERA-18-WHEELS-NEVER-MOUNTED-/171013785430?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27d1374756&vxp=mtr

Plus with everyone doing wraps these days I think exterior color is becoming less of a huge deal unless you are a really diehard OEM, picky guy. I would be more concerned about the interior color. But either way it is nothing tacky. I think it will be awesome as mentioned above with those other wheels!

I wish I had the VIN numbers from the cars we built back in the day, because we built a 2003 in this exact color combination. Beautiful car.

Plus with everyone doing wraps these days I think exterior color is becoming less of a huge deal unless you are a really diehard OEM, picky guy. I would be more concerned about the interior color. But either way it is nothing tacky. I think it will be awesome as mentioned above with those other wheels!

:iamwithstupid:

I would be more concerned if it runs properly, the service history and the after market rims are the right size. Im not a huge a fun of the color or the light colored interior, but that is just me.

What do you know! I went in this morning and made a strong offer at $123k ready to wire directly to the owner (list price was $130k) and he did not take it and just got a call from Mark saying someone just bought at a higher price and it is off the market. BUMMER!

What do you know! I went in this morning and made a strong offer at $123k ready to wire directly to the owner (list price was $130k) and he did not take it and just got a call from Mark saying someone just bought at a higher price and it is off the market. BUMMER!

The price on that car was just lowered to 130, which is low for the current crop of cars. There are no comps in that range that are not suspect. I am not surprised he turned down low 120's.

Yeah, thought he would take it. Mark left him a voice message when I was there and I had to leave. Then three hours later got a call back from Mark hoping for an acceptance or counter offer and got the "guy just sold his stocks and walked right in and bought the car." Hey it happens and if I can I will try to give the business to Mark because he handled everything straight up and honestly. I respect that.

Yeah, thought he would take it. Mark left him a voice message when I was there and I had to leave. Then three hours later got a call back from Mark hoping for an acceptance or counter offer and got the "guy just sold his stocks and walked right in and bought the car." Hey it happens and if I can I will try to give the business to Mark because he handled everything straight up and honestly. I respect that.

Good luck with your serach, its slim pickings out there but maybe summer will unload some more for you to choose from.

That's the thing. They're in the business and that's wholesale pricing. If that was the price the public paid there'd be no incentive to be "in the business" as the cost of money and overhead isn't free. Add that and their profit and, well, you see where I'm going with this...

That's the thing. They're in the business and that's wholesale pricing. If that was the price the public paid there'd be no incentive to be "in the business" as the cost of money and overhead isn't free. Add that and their profit and, well, you see where I'm going with this...

They were listing the car on their web site for $130k so what would you have offered???

I offered less then a 6% discount so you can't say I was trying to pay wholesale...I simply made a reasonable offer $7k less than their sticker price of $130k. A $7k less offer on a $130k price tag is not a low ball offer. You have $50k sticker cars that have a $7k mark up...let's be realistic.

Nothing wrong with the offer you made, I would have asked for more of a discount.

Very rare that someone lists a car for a price that they will not move on.

Everything happens for a reason, IMO stay away from those colors and pay alittle more for a color you love and that will sell fast when you are ready to sell.

Good luck with your search. :icon_thumleft:

Thank you Murcie612! Just so happens my favorite colors in the 2003 Murcies are the hardest to re-sell - grigio antares, grigo avalon, titanium, and deep metal black.

The better re-sell colors I like are the grigio telesto, nero nemesis, deep metal black.

I will keep you guys posted what I find.

Charlie it's a sellers market, the fed is printing so much cash every bozo is liquid. I humbly suggest you show interest regardless of price and put pressure before you close. Reel them in and strike, no sense in going in guns drawn. When I bought my car the seller was so involved time wise he made the deal happen.