Diablo Refresh

Sudesh

Just finished up on the carbon sill plates, they were hard to photograph as the light/weather wasnt great today, but photos wont do them justice anyway.

I had the "Lamborghini Diablo motif" created in the mould, and its done in such a way that its transparent and doesn't hide the carbon weave below, yet visible in just the right way with the right light on it.

DSC_0156_zps9c5572ea.jpg

DSC_0159_zpsa364d419.jpg

DSC_0158_zps96eef12d.jpg

DSC_0161_zps784ed73b.jpg

DSC_0160_zps51a7c157.jpg

DSC_0157_zps3682ace0.jpg

DSC_0162_zpsd2dd076e.jpg

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, Hopefully get them fitted tomorrow and take some pics installed.

While I was in the garage fitting the sill plates, thought Id try out this mod,

anyone sharp enough to spot it!

DSC_0164_zpsd7c9f890.jpg

DSC_0163_zpsa359e76f.jpg

DSC_0168_zpsc7d5aa83.jpg

DSC_0165_zps382da86e.jpg

DSC_0166_zps5e6cb60c.jpg

DSC_0167_zps44bd8804.jpg

Hmmm, that I wouldn't do. Looks like they have faded. Maybe 4 red ones?

Faded! Would take more years than you or me will ever live, plus generations to follow to fade orange lenses to clear lol.

4 red wouldn't work for most places as the indicator/direction lamp is supposed to flash orange, with the clear lamp, the bulb is orange, so will flash orange.

US thought maybe different for the indicator color.

As Lamborghini no longer sell the front combination light, I have searched around some of our suppliers to find a similar unit.

With a bit of luck I managed to source exactly the same lamp, and a choice of lenses, I order in a sample of the orange clear which are very nice, although the lamp has the orange section, they look almost all clear.

This is the OEM front lens

DSC_0105_zps5bd982d9.jpg

This is the new one, looks quite clear but in fact is orange for the turn signal portion

DSC_0107_zps4f76e749.jpg

DSC_0108_zpsa6feb539.jpg

DSC_0109_zps41949e52.jpg

DSC_0106_zps7b2bccda.jpg

Comparison of old and new, they are EXACTLY the same dimensions/shape

DSC_0110_zps683cff8f.jpg

DSC_0111_zps3b7f5e18.jpg

I like the front indicator lenses a lot - I'd really like a set of them on mine.

If you see any more, ideally on ebay etc, please can you pm me the ebay link?

As for the rear lenses, personally I think the 6.0 look rules.

:icon_thumleft:

I like the front indicator lenses a lot - I'd really like a set of them on mine.

If you see any more, ideally on ebay etc, please can you pm me the ebay link?

As for the rear lenses, personally I think the 6.0 look rules.

Lee, the lenses are from one of our suppliers, as we retail the COBO lights and other products, I had a contact look around for the front lenses for me.

I can get them in the same combo as above, or complete clear [no orange] and I think we have just found the exact same as OEM color too.

This is the clear lenses with orange bulb installed

DSC_0184_zps48b8eb58.jpg

DSC_0183_zpsf6d3856d.jpg

DSC_0182_zps7d71f02e.jpg

Indicators flashing orange

DSC_0186_zps88069827.jpg

DSC_0187_zpsfc9c332e.jpg

DSC_0188_zps858c357d.jpg

Hi Sudesh

Cills look great! We refurbished the cills on my last car with the logo redone under a clear coat also but these CF ones you produced look even better!

I would also be very interested in a set of clear front indicator lenses. Tried to source some myself but gave up so if there are any details or if I could order through you that would be great.

Cheers

Sparks

The front lens looks really good. Not too big of a fan on the rear signal lenses though. Perhaps it's the black bezels surrounding them along with the black centre grill, they make the 2 signal lenses pop out too much. (Note the reverse lights don't pop out as much since their surrounding is silver/titanium instead of black.) If that is your goal, then it's working great. If not, perhaps tint those lenses slightly darker then?

Sudesh,

any chance of a few shots of the clear front lenses, I may be interested in a set too please

regards

D

Hi,

I'll try and get them fitted this week, as these were just sample lenses, I'm waiting for the new entire housing.

The front lens looks really good. Not too big of a fan on the rear signal lenses though. Perhaps it's the black bezels surrounding them along with the black centre grill, they make the 2 signal lenses pop out too much. (Note the reverse lights don't pop out as much since their surrounding is silver/titanium instead of black.) If that is your goal, then it's working great. If not, perhaps tint those lenses slightly darker then?

Yeah totally understand, and good point. I just ordered in the clear signal lenses to test as I had a big order of new COBO stuff coming in, I though I'd try them and see. Im putting the orange back on my car.

Lee, the lenses are from one of our suppliers, as we retail the COBO lights and other products, I had a contact look around for the front lenses for me.

I can get them in the same combo as above, or complete clear [no orange] and I think we have just found the exact same as OEM color too.

I think I'd have to see both fitted, although my gut instinct tells me to go with the orange that's slightly cleared - this way, the old girl gets a minor facelift but still keeps her old school character.

I received the full lamp units which came complete with wiring and bulbs, as someone in the past altyered my OEM wiring socket, it would be good if some of you guys can tell if the plugs are the same?

Anyway here is the complete units

DSC_0256_zps20c7d7f5.jpg

DSC_0257_zpsadc55284.jpg

DSC_0258_zps99399ace.jpg

Old vs NEW

DSC_0261_zps1ebcc75d.jpg

DSC_0263_zps011c52a6.jpg

DSC_0264_zps264067cf.jpg

The shape at the rear is slightly different and the the way loom is inserted, but the overall size and shap of the lamp is identical to OEM.

So a comparison shot, old lamp is fitted on the left, new lamp on the right

DSC_0265_zps04658976.jpg

Personally I dont like the "WHITE" casing of the new unit as its stands out too much, the OEM one looked to be silver/chrome at a time, its faded out with age, but inside has stayed not to bad in silver.

So I stripped the new units down and painted them in silver/chrome

DSC_0267_zps6f321bf8.jpg

Once they dried I installed and heres the results, subtle but I like it. Plus its nice to have fresh lamps to match my rears.

DSC_0271_zps1d9bceb5.jpg

DSC_0272_zpsdc27db27.jpg

DSC_0274_zpsc3b32c8f.jpg

DSC_0275_zpsd6cccd0c.jpg

DSC_0277_zpsbf595e88.jpg

DSC_0278_zps1ea53596.jpg