Another Underground Racing TT Gallardo build for DALLAS TEXAS. ** build thread.

I want to thanks Danny for choosing Underground Racing to Twin Turbo his LP 550-2. This is going to be a different project from the normal ones. This is a 550-2 that is going to be getting the awd installed like the 560-4 Gallardos. This will also be a stage 3 build. I will post pictures of the process along the way. It been here just over 1 week. More pics soon. ;)

photo-8_zps8c2161c9.pngphoto2-2_zpsf79230f2.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first time I've heard of someone going to awd from 2wd. Very cool indeed.

Same with me. Never heard of an owner going this route. Medici78, you ever hang out with the deanslist or dust ball crew?

Same with me. Never heard of an owner going this route. Medici78, you ever hang out with the deanslist or dust ball crew?

I know Andy and a couple of the other guys, but I've never done a Dustball myself. My work and family life never allows me the time on the dates he arranges it.

I think the awd is what makes the Gallardo TT so good. I manage to spin all 4 in 3rd and 4th gears in my car. At these power levels I can't imagine a 2wd would have any benefit below 120mph.

I know Andy and a couple of the other guys, but I've never done a Dustball myself. My work and family life never allows me the time on the dates he arranges it.

I think the awd is what makes the Gallardo TT so good. I manage to spin all 4 in 3rd and 4th gears in my car. At these power levels I can't imagine a 2wd would have any benefit below 120mph.

I came from a 997 TT with a Sportec Stage 3 pkg. Nothing like a TTG. Only had 650hp. When I was buying the G I told myself I would not get into another TT car. The lack of sound, the waiting for the turbos to spool, the bogging down when trying to launch in first gear, did I say lack of sound. So I started looking at 458's and G's. I got the G bc of the looks and price. Very happy with my decision by the way. Anyways purposely got the 550-2 bc I knew going RWD would prevent me from TTing the car. Little did I know Kevin had a solution. Little did I know Kevin was such a good salesman that I went from a stage 1 bolt-on kit to a stage 3 with race heads and AWD. Stupid yes, but too late now. Have to admit the small turning radius, ease of steering, and breaking the rear end loose by stepping on the gas was great. Now I am looking forward to breaking all four tires loose, horrible turning radius, and crushing any Viper, Corvette, or Ford GT that revs it's engine while pulling along side me. Cannot wait.

I came from a 997 TT with a Sportec Stage 3 pkg. Nothing like a TTG. Only had 650hp. When I was buying the G I told myself I would not get into another TT car. The lack of sound, the waiting for the turbos to spool, the bogging down when trying to launch in first gear, did I say lack of sound. So I started looking at 458's and G's. I got the G bc of the looks and price. Very happy with my decision by the way. Anyways purposely got the 550-2 bc I knew going RWD would prevent me from TTing the car. Little did I know Kevin had a solution. Little did I know Kevin was such a good salesman that I went from a stage 1 bolt-on kit to a stage 3 with race heads and AWD. Stupid yes, but too late now. Have to admit the small turning radius, ease of steering, and breaking the rear end loose by stepping on the gas was great. Now I am looking forward to breaking all four tires loose, horrible turning radius, and crushing any Viper, Corvette, or Ford GT that revs it's engine while pulling along side me. Cannot wait.

You know better than to talk to anyone at UGR and think you won't be upgrading anything! Looks like Dallas is starting to get more and more TTG's.

Danny, I got some good news and bad news for you.

The 'bad' news:

You won't be spinning all 4s with R888s. These tires are awesome and will hook every single one of your 1250 horses.. :icon_mrgreen: I have stabbed the throttle from a 45 on race gas and the car just propelled forward with no drama at all. Prepare for a smile that hurts.

The good news:

You will destroy all the cars mentioned above, and anything else that steps in path.

Danny, I got some good news and bad news for you.

The 'bad' news:

You won't be spinning all 4s with R888s. These tires are awesome and will hook every single one of your 1250 horses.. :icon_mrgreen: I have stabbed the throttle from a 45 on race gas and the car just propelled forward with no drama at all. Prepare for a smile that hurts.

The good news:

You will destroy all the cars mentioned above, and anything else that steps in path.

Fadi can't wait. By the way Kevin should pay you comission as you were the one that convinced me to go with UGR. Hope you are enjoying your car. I have been staying away from youtube the last week or so. Don't think their are any UGR videos left that I have not seen already. Looking foward to seeing more of your videos. Curious have you tried launching your car from a dig? Or 5 to 10 mph? What was the outcome?

Danny

Fadi can't wait. By the way Kevin should pay you comission as you were the one that convinced me to go with UGR. Hope you are enjoying your car. I have been staying away from youtube the last week or so. Don't think their are any UGR videos left that I have not seen already. Looking foward to seeing more of your videos. Curious have you tried launching your car from a dig? Or 5 to 10 mph? What was the outcome?

Danny

Danny, I have not launched my car from a dig or even stabbed the throttle in 1st gear. I am more of a roll on kind of guy and all my runs are from a 40+ roll so I am always going from 2nd gear and on. But I am assuming from a 1st gear punch you will have no problems at all because of boost by gear. You won't be making much power in 1st. Also, make sure to let Kevin know if you are more of a drag racer as I think he may recommend to upgrade some parts (axles, diff, etc.) I am assuming the 560 would be a lot of fun to launch with LC, but I have never tried it, not even stock.

Stay tuned for next weekend. I am hopefully going to have some pretty cool videos from a local event that may help you cope with the anxiety of waiting for your car..lol. :icon_mrgreen:

Fadi can't wait. By the way Kevin should pay you comission as you were the one that convinced me to go with UGR.

Pay him a commission or gift him race heads?!?!?!?!

:eusa_dance:

Fadi can't wait. By the way Kevin should pay you comission as you were the one that convinced me to go with UGR.

You know what, you guys bring up a GREAT point....Hey Kevin....*cough cough*

:lol2: :lol2:

On a more serious note, I am just telling it like it is guys. Anyone that has a UGR car will tell you the same I am sure. I am just more of a forum whore and more vocal than most, lol. :icon_thumleft:

Waiting on Kevin for "I am gonna gift him a swift kick to the balls" in 3, 2, 1...................................

This is a sweet project. Cannot wait to see it! You made a great choice!

Kevin just needs to make Fadi an employee... He looks pricey :) Every time I look up UGR I see Fadi!

:eusa_dance:

Didn't I hear something about a "R Version upgrade" coming this Winter ...

I'm sure there will be some wiggle room, to find a way to say Thank You, to one of UGR's best rolling advertisements ...

You know what, you guys bring up a GREAT point....Hey Kevin....*cough cough*

:lol2: :lol2:

On a more serious note, I am just telling it like it is guys. Anyone that has a UGR car will tell you the same I am sure. I am just more of a forum whore and more vocal than most, lol. :icon_thumleft:

Waiting on Kevin for "I am gonna gift him a swift kick to the balls" in 3, 2, 1...................................

he will just remote tune a 10lb map in there. ;)

Kevin just needs to make Fadi an employee... He looks pricey :) Every time I look up UGR I see Fadi!

I'm sure there will be some wiggle room, to find a way to say Thank You, to one of UGR's best rolling advertisements ...

You guys are making me blush....:icon_redface:

Mullet...I want to come over next TX2K. Get the hookers ready and the RC cars charged up. :icon_mrgreen:

Sorry Danny, back on topic....your car....ya, you have no idea what's coming!! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

So many Tx TTGs... LOL

Yeah. UGR needs to setup a satelite office in Texas lol. That is where all the events are and seems like most of the customers.

Yeah. UGR needs to setup a satelite office in Texas lol. That is where all the events are and seems like most of the customers.

Kisco, pack your bags! Sounds like there will be a new job opportunity in Texas! :eusa_dance:

We are working on this now. ;)

Oh boy this could be bad...

Now for a minute just imagine if they started working on other cars besides Gallardo's, like diesel pickup trucks, lmao. Texas would have there trucks lined up to see who could blow more black smoke then the next guy.

Oh boy this could be bad...

Now for a minute just imagine if they started working on other cars besides Gallardo's, like diesel pickup trucks, lmao. Texas would have there trucks lined up to see who could blow more black smoke then the next guy.

I always wondered why not get into GTRs and Porsche Turbos. Lots of customers in those two sports cars.