Duolingo

sprite

Anyone on http://www.duolingo.com? It's pretty nice. It is basically Rosetta Stone online and 100% free. So far they have Spanish, German, French, Italian and Portuguese.

They also have iOS and Android apps so you can use it on those devices as well.

I am, it's a pretty sweet way to learn, I think if one sticks with it it's better than Piemsleur i've been churning for months. I think you sent me a message on it?

I am, it's a pretty sweet way to learn, I think if one sticks with it it's better than Piemsleur i've been churning for months. I think you sent me a message on it?

It might have sent one when I joined. I try to knock out 2-3 lessons a day. They normally only take around 5 minutes each.

Thanks for the link sprite. Def touch up on my Spanish, considering I live on the border.

Awesome. I'm doing Spanish as well :) I'm in Spain 4-5 months out of the year so i definitely need to learn it.

I really wish they had Japanese. I don't have time to sit and do Rosetta every day. This would be much easier on the go.

I really wish they had Japanese. I don't have time to sit and do Rosetta every day. This would be much easier on the go.

I'm sure they will add more languages over time. This service totally kills Rosetta Stone.

Sprite, thanks for posting this. I am addicted!! Have been doing the Italian everyday since you posted this and I love it. I had always wanted to learn Italian and had even bought a computer program for it years ago and just never got around to doing it. Having this on the phone is perfect and easily accessible when I have some downtime and I feel like I'm retaining the info pretty well. I hear from someone else that it is free and eventually once you become solid enough they will pay you to do translating services (but don't quote me on that). I don't even find myself playing games anymore lol.

Yeah agree 100%. Awesome app, totally addicted. Everyone in my family is using it. It would be cool if it would link us so we could compete and check each others progress.

Yeah agree 100%. Awesome app, totally addicted. Everyone in my family is using it. It would be cool if it would link us so we could compete and check each others progress.

You can. In the top corner type in the username and search for the user. Mine is 'sprite2005'.

I don't see any username search anywhere on the android app at least

It might just be on the web interface then. Not sure.

saw it on the iphone app. Added you.

Added you sprite. I'm chip viper

I don't really use the web version much lol but anyone else is free to add me on there. Sprite is winning lol

I don't really use the web version much lol but anyone else is free to add me on there. Sprite is winning lol

Now you are winning! i'm taking it pretty slow, only doing 1-2 lessons a day.

Hope no one has any big issues, going on 3 days without a response from support.

Best

I was using the web version for French a few months ago. I stopped, but now knowing there's an app I'm going to download and start again! Ill add ya

This is pretty awesome especially since there is an app. I brushed up on my Spanish a little yesterday, have been wanting to dabble in some Italian and maybe French but no way in hell I was buying Rosetta Stone. Thanks for sharing!