Car show

megachad

All this shows is just how self-centered and cruel our culture is in this country. No once cares about anyone else- or they wouldn't do this shit.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this shows is just how self-centered and cruel our culture is in this country. No once cares about anyone else- or they wouldn't do this shit.

that's not completely true. i'm very self-centered, but i have the utmost respect towards all cars especially exotics. however, it probably has something to do with the fact that i like cars and i hate people. :P

That's not true. There are many smart,respectful, caring people...it just happens to be that the assholes make up the majority and the numbers are in their favor. As my dad would say "The masses are asses"

I sold my Murci last summer and I swore it would be the last exotic I would own.

You have perfectly exemplified the "why" behind it.

After years of ownership, the dream, the achievement, the freedom, and everything positive that these cars represented for me has become tarnished; destroyed by a society overrun with disrespectful morons, douche-bags, and haters who have been brainwashed to believe that they are poor because of someone elses' success.

I used to *love* driving these cars but after about 5 years, things started to change.

Every fucktard wants to race.

I've been paced and rev-runned for miles.

My gym has a parking lot the size of a football field; I've parked the car in the back, the farthest from the entrance and still some retard finds it necessary to park right next to me, not only next to me, but literally 6 inches from me where Lambo doors are a requirement just to get into the car!

I've had people follow me home (One time a carload of *thugs* straight from the hood in a rusty Caprice tried to follow me through the gate of my community)

I've had people in oncoming traffic hurl spit balls and throw empty soda cans into my roadsters' cockpit while driving.

I've had teenage idiots lean on the car to take photos, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. (Ya know, the cool kid with the studded jeans and chains hanging from his belt)

I've had a cigarette put out on the hood of the car, it left a permanent scar ...

I've had my driver side window smashed while on a nice peaceful roadtrip to Vegas -- someone smashed it while I took a 5 minute pit stop to get some snacks.

The snarky comments, and of course, the tailgating.

As an owner, I started modifying my behavior. No more rides at dark. I stopped taking the car out on Friday and Saturday nights. I stopped valeting when the photos fests became a moron magnet. I quickly learned as well that the car shows were complete fcuk fests. I stopped going. Suddenly, my driving excursions were reserved to early mornings.

Ultimately, my driving sessions became a painful reminder of how much things have changed. Instead of being inspirited by driving, it become disheartening. It was something I wanted to ignore, but found it increasingly difficult.

During the spring, we must have had weeks of sunny, 78 degree weather -- perfect Murci Roadster whether. During this time, I don't think I drove the car once.

That's when I knew it was time to sell and that something might have irrevocably changed for me.

That's sad and disappointing to hear...but not surprising. I have yet to experience these types of behaviors, but maybe I've been fortunate thus far. However, I am careful about where and when I drive my cars. I'm extremely grateful for the positive experiences I've had and the friendships that I've made. But if at anytime I think my cars become a threat to me or my family's safety, then I will not hesitate to sell them either. Just not worth it.

The only way to win is to build a nice display for your car where you can view it and enjoy it everyday, take it out only when the "conditions" are most favorable, I now treat it as an art piece and that's the reason why I care so much about the design of the car.

The only way to win is to build a nice display for your car where you can view it and enjoy it everyday, take it out only when the "conditions" are most favorable, I now treat it as an art piece and that's the reason why I care so much about the design of the car.

If only there was a way to be able to view a beautiful car that's sitting in your garage from the comfort of your living room...

:P

The answer, then seems to be an exotic that looks dull. Line up for Lexus LFA fellas.

That's not true. There are many smart,respectful, caring people...it just happens to be that the assholes make up the majority and the numbers are in their favor. As my dad would say "The masses are asses"

One of my favorite sayings also. I just meant as a whole, it seems the majority of people are total dicks and wouldn't stop to put someone out of fire even if they were holding a water bucket.

Is sitting on the car some hoodrat way of showing ownership? Is this new as of the last 10 years? When did people just start plumping their asses onto cars?

If only there was a way to be able to view a beautiful car that's sitting in your garage from the comfort of your living room...

:P

:icon_mrgreen: I am loving it but soon it will be someone else's to enjoy.

Over the last 7-8 years I have definitely noticed things getting worse. Somehow these assholes think they can just touch, sit on, or sit in my car without asking. When you say something, they look at me like I am the one with the problem. WTF?

It has definitely changed how often I take the car out, which is a shame.

I was at a local gas station, in a nice area, and 2 carfuls of hoodlums pull up, surround me and the car, talking crap. My lady is in the car and freaking out. I typically carry so I was prepared but it was a very uncomfortable situation.

To take this one step further - if you could record all the positive responses and people who respectfully admire the car - versus the number of people who are haters/assholes - my bet is the percentage of haters is low. The problem is we only remember the bad stuff (it's how we are wired in order to survive) - so it doesn't take much to have a perception that the world is over-run by morons.

I have been very lucky so far. I've driven a LOT of miles and been to a lot of events and only had a couple people be disrespectful to my face (with words only). It's disappointing and sad that ANYONE would do some of the hateful stuff in this thread - but do those folks really represent the majority? Are the "masses REALLY asses?" I sure hope not :(

To take this one step further - if you could record all the positive responses and people who respectfully admire the car - versus the number of people who are haters/assholes - my bet is the percentage of haters is low. The problem is we only remember the bad stuff (it's how we are wired in order to survive) - so it doesn't take much to have a perception that the world is over-run by morons.

I have been very lucky so far. I've driven a LOT of miles and been to a lot of events and only had a couple people be disrespectful to my face (with words only). It's disappointing and sad that ANYONE would do some of the hateful stuff in this thread - but do those folks really represent the majority? Are the "masses REALLY asses?" I sure hope not :(

You're right about our tendency to remember only the bad experiences. The masses are generally stupid, but not necessarily asses.

I think it also depends on where you live. If people in the area are more used to exotics, or generally richer/more educated they might not find it necessary to act like idiots around them or towards the owner. If you live in an area where people have only seen exotics in pictures or the standard of living isn't very high then the situation might change. Some of the guys who posted in this thread had really bad experiences but some had mostly good ones. I'm not sure if my observation is correct but I strongly suspect location has a lot to do with each person's individual experience.

You're right about our tendency to remember only the bad experiences. The masses are generally stupid, but not necessarily asses.

I think it also depends on where you live. If people in the area are more used to exotics, or generally richer/more educated they might not find it necessary to act like idiots around them or towards the owner. If you live in an area where people have only seen exotics in pictures or the standard of living isn't very high then the situation might change. Some of the guys who posted in this thread had really bad experiences but some had mostly good ones. I'm not sure if my observation is correct but I strongly suspect location has a lot to do with each person's individual experience.

I would agree the negative is easier to remember, but area isnt always key. I have been to some very good areas and still had assholes park right nextz to me in an empty parking lot and found handprints all over my car. Maybe people just get so intoxicated by the excitement they really forget what they are doing. Who knows, but wish the asses out there weren't so stupid as well.

Maybe people just get so intoxicated by the excitement they really forget what they are doing. Who knows, but wish the asses out there weren't so stupid as well.

My guess is they are intoxicated with envy, and will go out of their way to make you feel uneasy. I bet, at least half of these incidents are done on purpose. While I've never owned an exotic, I've owned a few nice cars, and I've had people do stupid stuff on the road, solely to annoy me, the one common denominator between them all was, that they were all driving shitboxes. Asses are generally stupid, the ones that aren't, usually do well for themselves :D and don't have an interest in messing with someone else's car.

cake you are a lady you should never be treated any other way but with respect, I am glad to see even the haters have some manners :icon_thumleft:

If the haters see a young male in a new Lambo expect their hatemeter to redline :icon_mrgreen:

cake you are a lady you should never be treated any other way but with respect, I am glad to see even the haters have some manners :icon_thumleft:

If the haters see a young male in a new Lambo expect their hatemeter to redline :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks Fortis. Spoken like a true gentleman

It hadn't occurred to me that gender may affect results. :eusa_think:

It hadn't occurred to me that gender may affect results. :eusa_think:

I am pretty sure most guys will agree when I say that seeing a girl driving an exotic is an extremely cool thing! :icon_thumleft:

I am pretty sure most guys will agree when I say that seeing a girl driving an exotic is an extremely cool thing! :icon_thumleft:

Yeah, your observation was very good. Ladies are less likely to experience the same stuff.

:iamwithstupid:

I went to a car show this weekend in FL and a couple people touched my bright colored Lambo but only a few. The worst was when little kids want to lay on the hood and pose. I went up to the 20-24yr mom and I'm not sure if she wanted to bone me when she saw who I was or if she was confused why I was asking her little daughter to not touch my car. :eusa_think: