Sesto Elemento goes off-track on Top Gear - Video

Destructo

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole thread is as out of control as that sesto. It definitely looked liked he was carrying way more speed than I have seen in any other car. It's completely pointless to attempt quantifying the price of this car with it's laptime. That's like trying to put a value on a Van Gogh simply based on how big the painting is.

This whole thread is as out of control as that sesto. It definitely looked liked he was carrying way more speed than I have seen in any other car. It's completely pointless to attempt quantifying the price of this car with it's laptime. That's like trying to put a value on a Van Gogh simply based on how big the painting is.

post-24965-1375292659.jpg

It's like trying to put a price on a F1 driver depending on how fast they are! Oh wait they do that. Oh crap they do that for a lot of things too. Food that is prepared and tastes better costs more. Players who play better get paid more.

It's like trying to put a price on a F1 driver depending on how fast they are! Oh wait they do that. Oh crap they do that for a lot of things too. Food that is prepared and tastes better costs more. Players who play better get paid more.

Not only are you comparisons not applicable, they also aren't even true a good amount of the time. Are watches priced on how accurately they keep time?

More valid than trying to compare to the price of a painting. The point was, to take heritage out of everything.

Something that adds a significant amount of price to a painting or, in this case, a watch

And yes, added features and more complicated mechanisms add value to a watch, although I am out of depth for ultra high end watches

If it was, it probably wouldn't spin. I'm guessing the Stig just went around the whole cut corner the next lap.

That said, the car SHOULD be faster.

As it stands its the fastest thing with stock/street rubber on that track. Therefore you are wrong.

As of now, yes. But it really should be faster

On a side note, I know the whole Huayra tire debacle. But is it confirmed as to what tire was actually used on the lap itself?

You completely misunderstood my analogy. My point is that value is based on what someone is willing to pay, and that is usually based on much more than one number. This car is quick enough on a track to put it in the most elite of company. That said, I doubt anyone is going to cancel their order and deem the car a failure because ONE car set a slightly faster time on different tires.

You completely misunderstood my analogy. My point is that value is based on what someone is willing to pay, and that is usually based on much more than one number. This car is quick enough on a track to put it in the most elite of company. That said, I doubt anyone is going to cancel their order and deem the car a failure because ONE car set a slightly faster time on different tires.

Yeah, this is true. Hyundais in Singapore sell for 110000 US dollars.

In the end it comes down to this. If Lamborghini offered you a

Sesto Elemento with 570 hp stock LP570 SL engine

or a Sesto Elemento with 650 hp

which would you choose?

I would pick the 570 since it exists and the 650 is imaginary. On a serious note, the selesto is a practice in subtraction, not addition. I'm sure they realize they could have TT'd it and offered 1000+ hp. That would have completely skewed the baseline for the experiment. It's not like someone can't put more power in one if that is what the owner wants.

Im surprised people havent brought up the thread where Vbox, RB, and a few other members actually drove the Sesto out and vegas and were absolutely raving about how insane and fun it was for the to drive around the track. Which to me is the most valuable opinion of all. First hand....

Im surprised people havent brought up the thread where Vbox, RB, and a few other members actually drove the Sesto out and vegas and were absolutely raving about how insane and fun it was for the to drive around the track. Which to me is the most valuable opinion of all. First hand....

RaginBull tried to give his 1st hand experience with the response below, but 1st hand experience means nothing to some apparently when Youtube has videos of race cars. That would be my guess as to why others with 1st hand experience have kept out of this, it's about as pointless as arguing gun control with Nancy Pelosi.

The Sesto Elemento has something these car shows can't explain with lap times. In fact, it can't be explained. The reviewer made a fair attempt. It is more alive than anything you will ever drive. It has all the drama that you get from the most intense experiences that life has to offer. It delivers the real race car experience but without all the issues you get (and learn to accept/ignore) with real race cars - it actually drives like a multimillion dollar race car that happens to also be a great multimillion dollar street car (in the truest sense of those terms). There is nothing like the Sesto Elemento. It may be 2mm +/- but you could argue that the Sesto Elemento experience is priceless. I would take it over the P1 and LaF all day long. I don't want a radio or A/C in the Sesto Elemento. If you want to hear a radio while driving it then you just don't get it. It is perfect as is.

The only reason that I haven't ordered one is time. I already have such limited time to spend with my family due to my work schedule, so at the moment buying a car that I can only drive on the track or on private roads is not realistic for me. I hope to one day have that time, and when I do, I will get a Sesto Elemento. And it will probably become my favorite car of them all from a pure driving standpoint.

There are hundreds of cars that can likely give an even greater experience. I would take a Zonda R drive any day. Any hillclimb car, almost any time attack car. Any real track day car (Radical SR8LM). Any rallycross car.

No power steering, RWD, 850 whp, manual, 4500 lb of downforce. Now that is a driving experience. Street tires on most of the tracks

This is on wastegate pressure

And this is only 1 car. There are many many cars. The world is quite a big place.

What you don't seem to understand accelerator is that the Sesto isn't a 100% developed package. Yes it is very light but compared to something like a P1 or even an Aventador is hasn't seen much testing. It was built originally for the showroom floor. To basically take it off the showroom floor and plop it onto the track and have it do a 1:14 is pretty amazing.

accelerator I don't understand why you waste your spare time on a Lambo forum if you dislike the cars so much and you think they are all rubbish or not as good as McLaren, the brand you worship, do you do the same on every other car forum, Ferrari, Porsche, etc?

I can't imagine you having the time or energy but hey whatever floats your boat!

Some of us here have owned or still own most of the cars you are arguing about, have 1st hand experience, drove them around the tracks, etc, and nothing is more frustrating than listening to the opinion of someone who just red about them on the net, honestly I admire your general car knowledge half the time I have no idea what you are talking about because I never cared enough about it to look into it, I am never the one to keep sats and track of who won what and what aero, tyre and suspension set up one brand has over the other, etc, you know why? because none of that is relevant to my situation, I buy what I enjoy driving, I am not out to set any records, my buying decisions aren't based on lap times, they emotion based, when you get to be able to start buying the toys you desire you will know what I am talking about.

Please stop arguing with people who have first hand experience, you out of your element and you make yourself look bad. Just an idea, now carry own, I know you will :icon_mrgreen:

did I mention I love this car?? I would trample over the P1 and LaGay to see the 6 with my own eyes.

Why I'm on the board? Cause I think UGR's Lambos are some of the most incredible cars ever made.

I don't want to intentionally be argumentative with people with first hand knowledge. But the world is a VERY big place. There are thousands of ultra high performance cars out there especially track only ones that will absolutely blow everyone's mind.

I'm just saying overly general blanket statements can't really be made. I've never spoken a single word about how a P1 or a 918 feels. I haven't made any arguments about how the Sesto feels to drive. I actually love the way it looks and had it as my desktop for months when it first came out

The very simple question is can the Sesto Elemento be improved. Lambo doesn't send cars like the Sesto to be run at Top Gear's track to "not compete for lap time"

accelerator that's your problem, everything is about how it feels or how it makes you feel, you like UGR cars, if they didn't make the noise they do, give you the acceleration rush they do they wouldn't mean much to anyone, if you after the fastest go and worship the top dragsters, there is always something faster, better, etc.

I am not into TT Lambos but I read LP regularly and it looks like the GTR just took the 1/4 mile record from UGR, I could be wrong because I don't pay any attention to that but I remember reading it, if that was the case would that make you jump in the GTR camp instantly?

No it wouldn't, do you get it now?

I honestly believe you are a knowledgable nice guy but you LOVE to argue about things you have zero experience with and the worse thing about it is that you are arguing with people who have first hand experience, haha anyway carry on.

Bad argument and missing the point. I like UGR because of what they can do with full street cars with AC/radio/full interior on street tires. Within these parameters, as far as I know, there is nothing "faster, better, etc"

And unlike what you wrote, 60-130 mph times on the street matter to me in the same way that lap times matter to me for track only cars.

If they didn't matter, people wouldn't record them. As simple as that