Diablo Roadster

rhyno

So I have been looking at Diablo Roadster's all summer and haven't found the right one yet. Evans Auto has a 1997.5 blue/cream on ebay right now. I have talked to them a few times about it and it looks like a nice car. It does need tires and they don't know if the clutch has been replaced. How much is it for a new clutch if it needs one? Has anybody got any info on this car? I looked at the car proof and there is nothing bad on there. They are asking $109,000 but I think that is to high for the maintenance it will need.

DR.jpg

If I'm not mistaken that car belonged to a member here who recently passed away. If it is the same car, it was supposed to be a nice piece.

Yes that was BigC's car or something like that. I believe Destructo may have been friends with him but yes he recently did pass away and Evans was handling the sale of the car for his widow.

Lamborghinisti,

I have the same exact Roadster and same color combination. It's really an amazing car....so exotic!

If it's being sold by Evans, you're already dealing with the east coast guru. If George says it's a good car....it is!

This is where you would send any other Lamborghini that you would be looking at for a PPI anyways.

Shamile

Yes that was BigC's car or something like that. I believe Destructo may have been friends with him but yes he recently did pass away and Evans was handling the sale of the car for his widow.

Yes, it is definitely Big Cs car. Evans is also selling Big Cs murcielago. Both very clean cars.

This is one hell of a deal especially being it is coming from such a reputable place. Good luck finding that car for $109000 anywhere else in the future.

There is an offer on it so I think I missed it

Where are you seeing that? Still shows for sale at a buy it now price.

Roy had a red/red roadster available not too long ago, at what seemed like a fair price.

Looked great in the picture he posted.

Don't know the status of its availability.

Roy had a red/red roadster available not too long ago, at what seemed like a fair price.

Looked great in the picture he posted.

Don't know the status of its availability.

It has been SOLD.

I called Evan's and they said there is an offer on it.

I drove Roy's Red on Red. I liked how it drived but It needed to much work for what I want.

I drove Roy's Red on Red. I liked how it drived but It needed to much work for what I want.

JUST to clarify "Rhyno" lets please tell everyone that the work it needed was disclosed to you prior to coming down to see it....and that you were presented the car with a "Buy it Now" as is...or another price after the items were corrected...

it sold to a person that elected to do the work themselves and it was very very price reflective...just needed some TLC

Roy you are completely right. You did disclose the work it needed before I came down to view it. I was on the fence if I wanted to put in the time and effort to make it exactly what I wanted. It was a great deal but in the end I decided to pass. Still looking for the right cars!

I would just click the buy it now on it and its yours. Seems like your not quite ready to pull the trigger yet.

Lamborghinisti,

Roy you are completely right. You did disclose the work it needed before I came down to view it. I was on the fence if I wanted to put in the time and effort to make it exactly what I wanted. It was a great deal but in the end I decided to pass. Still looking for the right cars!

I would just click the buy it now on it and its yours. Seems like your not quite ready to pull the trigger yet.

What exactly are you waiting for? You have passed on two great cars at really good prices from two people I and a lot of others would buy from sight unseen.

You say both cars need work but you felt that $109K was too much? The Diablo was hand built and the last VT Roadster built is now 14 years old...of course it's going to need work. You can buy the most pristine and low mileage Roadster around, it will need parts and service just because of the age of seals and rubber....and it certainly won't be $109K

The recession is over. This recession severely affected the "haves" ....the Lamborghini Ferrari owners. While the general economy is still lagging behind with lower employment numbers, business and profits are way up. My company has been a peak production since last April. If you're going to buy a Roadster, do so soon. All the exotic prices will be going up soon.

Shamile

Lamborghinisti,

What exactly are you waiting for? You have passed on two great cars at really good prices from two people I and a lot of others would buy from sight unseen.

You say both cars need work but you felt that $109K was too much? The Diablo was hand built and the last VT Roadster built is now 14 years old...of course it's going to need work. You can buy the most pristine and low mileage Roadster around, it will need parts and service just because of the age of seals and rubber....and it certainly won't be $109K

The recession is over. This recession severely affected the "haves" ....the Lamborghini Ferrari owners. While the general economy is still lagging behind with lower employment numbers, business and profits are way up. My company has been a peak production since last April. If you're going to buy a Roadster, do so soon. All the exotic prices will be going up soon.

Shamile

Well said. I have been looking at the ad for 2 days....and have almost clicked the buy it now several times.

If I didn't have too many Diablos already....it would be mine. Its only going up and will never be worth less than the price it is now.

Shamile, I talked to Evans on the phone and they said they have a pending deal so that car is sold unless the deal is backed out of. I'm not going to rush into a car unless its right for me but thanks for your opinion!

Donzikid, I will pull the trigger when I find the right car for the right deal! Until then you can sit on the side lines and chirp lol. It's my money and I will do what is best for me.

I need to be happy with my purchase and I won't compromise!

"Shamile, I talked to Evans on the phone and they said they have a pending deal so that car is sold unless the deal is backed out of. I'm not going to rush into a car unless its right for me but thanks for your opinion!

Donzikid, I will pull the trigger when I find the right car for the right deal! Until then you can sit on the side lines and chirp lol. It's my money and I will do what is best for me.

I need to be happy with my purchase and I won't compromise!"

Good luck in your extensive search! :icon_thumleft:

Well said. I have been looking at the ad for 2 days....and have almost clicked the buy it now several times.

If I didn't have too many Diablos already....it would be mine. Its only going up and will never be worth less than the price it is now.

How's the yellow one that had been stole before you bought it?

Lamborghinisti,

Shamile, I talked to Evans on the phone and they said they have a pending deal so that car is sold unless the deal is backed out of. I'm not going to rush into a car unless its right for me but thanks for your opinion!

I need to be happy with my purchase and I won't compromise!

Relax Rhyno...don't get your feathers all ruffled. We're experienced Lambo owners here and we're trying to help. Reading between the lines you want a great deal ( don't we all ) but with no potential huge repair bill.

I'm just here to tell you that these are expensive hand built cars and they're expensive to maintain. Given the age, you cannot have complete peace of mind. Just have enough set aside so if something comes up, you won't be caught out.

I mentioned the recession because it was a time of "cash in hand" got great deals because everything was falling off the cliff. Well, that time is gone. We are on a upward trend and you are now going to face the inverse graph of higher prices and lesser level cars.

You should really talk to Roy about the market and current trends. He knows his stuff and I will buy from him sight unseen.

Shamile

Shamile, you are the Diablo roadster guy and I have read all your posts. You have tons of Maintance info on these cars and I think the Lambo power world appreciates that! The girls are a great bonus also lol

I guess I was being a bit cheeky with my last post lol. Sorry about that, I was at a music festival last night so my post was influenced with alcohol. I have owned a Countach, Jalpa and LM002 so I understand the costs involved with theses cars. I would buy the Evans DR if it wasn't deal pending right now. It is a great car at a competitive price, I'm sure it will need a clutch and if that happens then the snowball effect happens (feed me $$$)

I also believe that older Lambos are on the rise in price but they will not appreciate that fast (in my opinion) and only certain models will be the lusted after ones. Right now is the time for me to make my moves and get the cars I think are best for me and will be collectible in the future!

A lot of people think the Diablo Roadster is not that pretty of a car but I love the open roof driving experience so that car works perfect for me, also I have never owned a Diablo! The 25th Countach is also my favorite type and is the best drivers Countach, I love to drive so that's the model for me!

I have talked lots with Roy over the years and seen him at a few events. Concours in Monterey, the first Lambo Giro, Barrett Jackson and also at his old shop and new shop in Seattle. He has a ton of knowledge on these cars . He deals so much on these cars that he also has a great pulse on the prices. He also sells the most used older Lambos in North America so his inventory is always turning over and he has the best chance of finding a certain car for a buyer. I haven't bought a car from him yet but I'm sure soon enough!

This forum is a huge help in buying, selling and knowledge of these beautiful automobiles and I gotta say thanks to everyone that helps keep the BEST Lamborghini website running!!!

There is a 1998 Yellow on Tan roadster for sale with Lambo of Newport Beach. Call and ask for Nick. Tell him Ron sent you. I purchased a 1999 SV from him and was pleased with the deal and the service.

http://www.lambonb.com/used-Orange+County-...9RU31B6WLA12019

Wow! Looks like an another nice roadster at an unheard of low price!!