458 Speciale

capt_chaos

Look at the side and then look at the front... The side looks cleaner than the front... Seems to me that the car has lost its design balance. Too busy head on , too simple on the side... too traditional on the rear....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha on the comment talking about better throttle response. The last thing the 458 needs is a more sensitive throttle. That's imo the pain thing that makes that car a pain in the ass to live with on a daily basis and a key reason I sold mine. It's almost impossible to drive that car smoothly. Yes, great for a 10/10 sprint on a perfect road, much less great going to the store or any other kind of leisurely driving.

I know it's sacrilegious, but I prefer the driving experience of the F430 at anything but 10/10 and I also prefer the aging 560.

Good thing there is room for all sorts of people though :). The MP4 is a complete bargain compared to the 458 and it's a far, far more livable car.

Ha on the comment talking about better throttle response. The last thing the 458 needs is a more sensitive throttle. That's imo the pain thing that makes that car a pain in the ass to live with on a daily basis and a key reason I sold mine. It's almost impossible to drive that car smoothly. Yes, great for a 10/10 sprint on a perfect road, much less great going to the store or any other kind of leisurely driving.

I know it's sacrilegious, but I prefer the driving experience of the F430 at anything but 10/10 and I also prefer the aging 560.

Good thing there is room for all sorts of people though :). The MP4 is a complete bargain compared to the 458 and it's a far, far more livable car.

:iamwithstupid:

Plus I am suspicious of the lap time issue. It's probably faster but they don't want to undermine their halo production car. Lamborghini would do the same thing and probably has. I think the stripes look silly. Front end is still unresolved, rear looks good.

I went to a private viewing of the 458 Speciale yesterday (Ferrari Racing Days @ Hockenheim). The car looks better in person, didn't really like it when I saw the photos. The blue stripe/livery is a nod to the N.A.R.T., doesn't really look great on a red car IMO. Maybe will look good on a white car. The good news is that the livery is available in different colors and shapes. I was told you can also order a Scuderia style stripe (2 grey stripes, the inside will be bodycolor). Interior is awesome, seats are the same material as the Scuderia seats. The funny looking handle thing with the (Reverse etc) buttons is actually quite nice + you can reach the buttons if you are in the harness racing seatbelts. The engine compartment looks awesome, CF everywhere. We did see a few videos explaining all the technical stuff like SSC and we heared the sound of the car in the video, it sounds aggresive.

Forgot to ask if CF mirrors and sideskirts will be available :/ I did ask about a 458 Speciale Spider, the guy wasn't allowed to tell me if it was coming but he gave me a funny smile, so I guess it will come later like the 16M.

No photos allowed, they put stickers on the camera of my iphone. The room (it was actually a pitbox) was quite small so I couldn't take photos anyway without anyone noticing.

Drivability might be better when manettino is switched on the rain setting. But on race setting it needs to be optimized for max. amount of turned heads / throttle blipping in front of a terrace bar in Monaco or South Beach.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ferrari should fire their press photo guy because that is the worst set of photos for this car. It look great in the video and in other pictures, but the press photos are a huge injustice to this beast

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...