Pricing prediction?

sprite

What's the deal with pricing on these? Seems like there are already some really good deals out there.

This one says $280k retail value, which I'm assuming is what they are claiming sticker was on the car. Untitled and belonging to dealership owner, 700 miles @ $198k asking.

Too bad the interior is shit.

http://www.herbchambersmercedesbenzofbosto...9c2a404ad76.htm

This car is much a much better combo IMO and available from same dealership, but no mention of original MSRP

3500 miles @ 200k

http://www.herbchambersmercedesbenzofbosto...c5b9363f405.htm

Looking on Autotrader there are a lot of cars listed with dealerships you would not normally find carrying exotics.

How is the pricing from the official MC dealerships on used cars?

These car already seem like a bargain, but I can't help but feel like they will drop even lower, especially once more used convertibles hit the used market.

What are LPs thoughts on where these will go from here?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the deal with pricing on these? Seems like there are already some really good deals out there.

These car already seem like a bargain, but I can't help but feel like they will drop even lower, especially once more used convertibles hit the used market.

What are LPs thoughts on where these will go from here?

This.

The Spiders will fcuk the 12 and 13 coupes. I am really eyeballing the Mac market, I think I might get on for next season since the Aventador is holding their prices so good/I want to see the new G as well before jumping in on another Lambo.

I think they will drop some more. Great car but not limited production and not that special to look at.

Hoping they become the bargain supercar of the century.

I feel they are bottomed out at the 200k ball park. we had this same conversation 9 months ago and they are exactly the same.

the problem has always been the same. the car is holding value and the options are not.

if you can find a nice color combo with nice options for 200k I would grab it IMO

great car!

I feel they are bottomed out at the 200k ball park. we had this same conversation 9 months ago and they are exactly the same.

the problem has always been the same. the car is holding value and the options are not.

if you can find a nice color combo with nice options for 200k I would grab it IMO

great car!

I am not so sure about that, I was talking with a dealer recently, he said he heard rumours a car that sold in the 180s.

Not sure how the McLaren Approved scheme is going to play in the price.

The parts catalogue is very tempting and I am not sure how easy it is to acquire these parts for cars outside of the scheme.

my friend just tried to buy a new one from the dealer and they wouldn't budge much on the lower optioned ones... you can get bigger discounts on the cars with $30k in carbon fiber. The dealer said McLaren was offering a $25k incentive to move inventory which is why people were getting $50k of new ones, now that incentive is gone and they are not making coupes right now. Unless you bought the car right when it came out, most got decent discounts off MSRP, so the net drop might not be as bad as it looks for most. The cars range from $240k-$310k MSRP so I can see lower optioned cars going for less than $200k....

Performance wise they are mostly the same aside from CCBs and sport exhaust.... they are a steal for what you get at $200k....

great car!

I agree I paid 200 for mine in march changed color put 5k in exhaust and wouldn't

sell the car.....it's just too friggin great to sell at 200K what else can you buy at 200k

that is even close?????? and i'm accoustomed to taking big hits on exotics...

I agree I paid 200 for mine in march changed color put 5k in exhaust and wouldn't

sell the car.....it's just too friggin great to sell at 200K what else can you buy at 200k

that is even close?????? and i'm accoustomed to taking big hits on exotics...

W..you are an outlier. I agree it is an awesome car...same reason they are killing manual transmissions...poseur market is far bigger than the driver market.

How is the audio interface/navigation? I heard it was buggy, but that there is an upgrade coming out soon that the dealer will install for you?

Not sure how the McLaren Approved scheme is going to play in the price.

The parts catalogue is very tempting and I am not sure how easy it is to acquire these parts for cars outside of the scheme.

If you can get a loaded low mileage car for $90k off msrp, eh no....Should have made it prettier. It's a very very fast bland car..

I am not so sure about that, I was talking with a dealer recently, he said he heard rumours a car that sold in the 180s.

I have never seen a low mile, clean, nice color int/ext, well spec'd 12c for 180k. if there was it probably sold day 1

my audio has been good (post upgrade)! there are a few tricks to it. the nav is just ok but I use my phone..

dealer service is A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++ best ive ever experienced from philly mac!

How is the audio interface/navigation? I heard it was buggy, but that there is an upgrade coming out soon that the dealer will install for you?

Yup .... McLaren gave every purchaser a problem laden audio/nav system (IRIS) ..... And, instead of them biting the bullet, they want their customers to pay for the new hardware and installation of this 'upgraded' system. Own up to your mistakes, McLaren!!

Totally a contradiction of their b.s. promise to have the finest customer service and to be like no other super-sports car manufacturer.

I do not understand why Koolaid drinkers cut them so much slack and keep making excuses for glitches. :(

I'm not cutting them any slack, the system sucks..... I don't use it at all, just plug in my iPhone and use spotify or the sirius xm app...

Yup .... McLaren gave every purchaser a problem laden audio/nav system (IRIS) ..... And, instead of them biting the bullet, they want their customers to pay for the new hardware and installation of this 'upgraded' system. Own up to your mistakes, McLaren!!

Totally a contradiction of their b.s. promise to have the finest customer service and to be like no other super-sports car manufacturer.

I do not understand why Koolaid drinkers cut them so much slack and keep making excuses for glitches. :(

I'm not cutting them any slack, the system sucks..... I don't use it at all, just plug in my iPhone and use spotify or the sirius xm app...

I was talking about some of the gentlemen on the 'other Mac site' ...... They just seem to excuse all of the problems that arise to the fact that they are a small/new manufacturer ...... That could be a valid point when most exotics were considered a 'cottage industry', and might have cut the mustard in the 70's and the 80's ...... But, not anymore; these things should have been ironed out much, much faster....... Or, heaven forbid before the initial release of the car. :shock: IMO.

I can kind of see where they are coming from. Reading the thread on the other forum it seems the existing system wasn't done when they released it. What were their options though? They couldn't hold up the release of the car because of that. I think the fix should be a free upgrade, but at least they are selling it at cost. While everyone seems to agree that the car is a great bang for the buck, it is no doubt not selling as well as they had hoped, or they wouldn't have to incentivize it with discounts off MSRP on new cars.

..... While everyone seems to agree that the car is a great bang for the buck, it is no doubt not selling as well as they had hoped, or they wouldn't have to incentivize it with discounts off MSRP on new cars.

You are right, McLaren Automotive thought they would be selling cars like there was no tomorrow and found out they only received a lukewarm welcome to the market. PLUS ....those 'discounts' had a devastating effect on the residual for those who bought new cars. ;)

You don't buy the car or not buy the car for the audio /nav !!!!!!!!!!!

The original Iris system works OK. It has it's issues, but it's not a deal breaker. With an iPhone it works quite well with Spotify, XM, or direct from the iPhone. Nav is so-so, but you will never find a navigation system in any car that is good as your phone. The best in-car nav system is still shit compared to an iPhone, so in that sense it's not bad and the at-cost upgrade they'll be offering will make it Android based and probably the next best system after the Tesla.

You can buy these for $200K fully loaded. It's a steal. Performance wise, no exotic car will touch it south of $400K.

As for the looks, they will grow on you quite quickly. It will never be an Aventador, but it still actually really good looking. Pictures don't do it justice because they don't convey the size/height of the car. Like a lot of cars, it will grow on you.

At $200K it's a steal. Of course they will go lower, just like every car, but you're probably talking $50K over 5 years. Most of the depreciation is gone and most of the depreciation was CF options. You'll notice high-spec and low-spec cars have similar prices.