1250whp UGR Gallardo battles INSANE 2JZ powered 280z Datsun "Blue Devil"

Lambofan35

1250whp UGR Gallardo battles INSANE 2JZ powered 280z Datsun "Blue Devil"

Probably would have been more runs against this 8 second 160mph Nissan but it was dangerous with him on full drag slicks in the lane next to the GTT spinning :lol2:

Nice runs. Wish it would have been a longer raced. Would have loved to see the outcome. That blue car has taken down some pretty big cars! Congrats!!!

Very Cool video

Nice runs!

Datsun is a handfull to try and drive straight on the street.

Here is the deal: we got 2 real runs in basically but they are out of order for some reason in the vid. Movie magic maybe. The rest was us trying to pace each other.

Run 1: both had passengers. I let him pick the run, we went at 75mph GPS speed, he brake boosted the crap out of it and I gave it a little too. I short shifter 3rd by 10mph, short shifted 4th by 10 mph, and then hit 6th with a double click on paddles. Horrible run for me according to vbox and I was pulling on the Nissan. Shut down at 145mph or so. I've gone faster on half the boost in this run.

Run 2: he let some passenger out of the car but I kept passenger. He picked the roll again 70ish, loaded up both cars with brake boost, I pulled on him immediately and he spun. I shut down again fairly quick.

GTT was definitely faster but that Nissan was no joke at 2500lbs and a drag car driven on the street.

Nissan was the fastest car they had down there. The GTT had much cleaner runs against a 8 second Supra that I'm sure we will see later.

The TTG was clearly faster. Just watch the video at the 2:20 mark from inside the Datsun where it jumped out ahead, and Nick reeled in and passed it.

Much respect to the Datsun as well. That car moves!!

Good kill, Nick. :icon_thumleft:

Here is the deal: we got 2 real runs in basically but they are out of order for some reason in the vid. Movie magic maybe. The rest was us trying to pace each other.

Run 1: both had passengers. I let him pick the run, we went at 75mph GPS speed, he brake boosted the crap out of it and I gave it a little too. I short shifter 3rd by 10mph, short shifted 4th by 10 mph, and then hit 6th with a double click on paddles. Horrible run for me according to vbox and I was pulling on the Nissan. Shut down at 145mph or so. I've gone faster on half the boost in this run.

Run 2: he let some passenger out of the car but I kept passenger. He picked the roll again 70ish, loaded up both cars with brake boost, I pulled on him immediately and he spun. I shut down again fairly quick.

GTT was definitely faster but that Nissan was no joke at 2500lbs and a drag car driven on the street.

Nissan was the fastest car they had down there. The GTT had much cleaner runs against a 8 second Supra that I'm sure we will see later.

you should shift by looking at the rpm's not the speed. :)

you should shift by looking at the rpm's not the speed. :)

LMAO...I only look at the RPM's as thats all I can concentrate on. I didn't know I short shifted until I looked at the vbox data.

The 280z has been 8.9 @ 160. It's a 3.4L. Was for sale back in June for 28K.

The car was clean and the owner seemed pretty knowledgable about this car. I'm sure we could get his info if anybody wanted to buy this as a toy.

Running on pump gas is stupid. :)

Running this car on pump gas might not be the easiest but I can tell you I've gone fast enough on pump gas from a roll to take down quite a few cars. If I ask Kevin at UGR I'm sure he would agree with you though :)