Nordschleife vs. Porsche 918 Spyder

q8ylambo

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay must've not been convinced the porsche was the better car. He just took delivery of his P1 today

He ordered the p1 when it was announced. This review has nothing to do with a custom built car a year in the making that was delivered a week after the review. Most likely he will have both.

Jay must've not been convinced the porsche was the better car. He just took delivery of his P1 today

He's also not a huge P-car guy, unlike Mr. Seinfeld (who I'm sure ordered one). Jay's a HUGE McLaren fan and there's no denying the P1 is a monster that will nicely accompany his F1.

The 918 seems to make more "sense" as a hypercar - it's hybrid mode is better, it has more features, it has a removable roof, it's more "sensible." But then again, that doesn't really make it a hypercar - does it? But I'm no expert, I haven't had the significant seat time that some other members have had (or "development testing"

If you guys haven't seen /Drive's video of Chris Harris taking out the 918 and P1 (separate videos) - it's clear which one gives him the bigger thrills. I think as a daily driver or ONE special car, the 918 makes more sense. As a 5th, 10th, 15th car - the P1 would be the obvious choice.

Then again, I don't think Koenigsegg is getting any love. And Ferrari has been quite mum with their car...

He's also not a huge P-car guy,

He does have a nice Silver/Terracotta Carrera GT. I would bet he already placed an order for one. This isn't another 911 turbo or something, it is rightfully pretty special car.

My bad. How active?

arg-house-flying-bgs-207x165-url.gif

You will see when it's done, automatic sliding roof, electric windows, all smooth uninstructed surfaces, etc. he assured it it will be more aerodynamic than the 918, it will even break better :icon_thumleft:

I went to the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart yesterday and was disappointed that no 918 was there.

Probably accelerator was there as well and took it out for a spin...

I went to the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart yesterday and was disappointed that no 918 was there.

Probably accelerator was there as well and took it out for a spin...

:icon_mrgreen:

Did you see the backroom? Or the service area? There are a TON of cars they don't have on display but only visible through a few windows. Loved that place...

... a pic from today found on the interweb of him driving his new car :)

jay.jpg

I feel as though the 918 has been the least talked about of the 3 big-brand hypercars, even though it seems like the car I'd like to own the most. Gorgeous interior, AWD, super high revving NA V8, Targa top, and still 887hp? The P1 outperforms it but in a car with that much power I'd sure feel a lot safer with AWD, not like I'd be tracking a P1 or using all that power and aero every day anyway. Not sure what to think of thethetheferrari as I've barely seen any photos/reviews/performance #s of the car, but seems like it'll be a medium between the P1 and 918. Didnt Porsche have trouble selling the 918? Or are they all sold out now?

I feel as though the 918 has been the least talked about of the 3 big-brand hypercars, even though it seems like the car I'd like to own the most. Gorgeous interior, AWD, super high revving NA V8, Targa top, and still 887hp? The P1 outperforms it but in a car with that much power I'd sure feel a lot safer with AWD, not like I'd be tracking a P1 or using all that power and aero every day anyway. Not sure what to think of thethetheferrari as I've barely seen any photos/reviews/performance #s of the car, but seems like it'll be a medium between the P1 and 918. Didnt Porsche have trouble selling the 918? Or are they all sold out now?

They have sold about 500.

If you guys haven't seen /Drive's video of Chris Harris taking out the 918 and P1 (separate videos) - it's clear which one gives him the bigger thrills. I think as a daily driver or ONE special car, the 918 makes more sense. As a 5th, 10th, 15th car - the P1 would be the obvious choice.

ON THE TRACK! Race mode only works on race tracks with the P1 - you cannot use it on the street. Both Chris Harris and top gear looked bored on regular roads and only got excited on the track. It kind of ruins the P1. You can't enjoy its full capabilities unless you're on a race track.

Then again, I don't think Koenigsegg is getting any love. And Ferrari has been quite mum with their car...

I think Koenigsegg gets a lot of love. I also think they make a better and more interesting car than the P1, ThethetheFerrari and 918 in that price range.

:icon_mrgreen:

Did you see the backroom? Or the service area? There are a TON of cars they don't have on display but only visible through a few windows. Loved that place...

No, just the main area. Some cool cars on display, like the Le Mans race cars and the GT1 streetcar. Definitely worth a visit!

He will lay low for a few days and then randomly creep in to another thread.

Kris you scared him away....

The clock is ticking and he be hiding

:thefinger:

New theory, Asscelerator is Captain Chaos's drunken trolling alter ego. The self abuse and multiple personalities actually make more sense than most of what comes out of Asscelerator's mouth/fingers.

New theory, Asscelerator is Captain Chaos's drunken trolling alter ego. The self abuse and multiple personalities actually make more sense than most of what comes out of Asscelerator's mouth/fingers.

I have not got that much time and my trolls are funny.

Asscelerator I gave you that name for a reason. You have 48hours from this post to clarify the 918 comments or your gone.

Asscelerator I gave you that name for a reason. You have 48hours from this post to clarify the 918 comments or your gone.

Asscelerator right about now

s6lrkv5_1.jpg

Ahh, so your secret is divulged and you decide to ban yourself to cover it up. Sneaky man. :icon_mrgreen:

The thought of you posing as him/her was definitely amusing regardless of how unlikely or impossible. Yes, I agree, your trolling is usually far more entertaining than infuriating.

Kebab filter, respect. :turboalex:

It's a shame he antagonizes the members so much because he's clearly an articulate guy with mechanical knowledge.

It's a shame he antagonizes the members so much because he's clearly an articulate guy with mechanical knowledge.

I am sure he wins lots of accolades in his actual chosen field of work, the dildo industry.

I am sure he wins lots of accolades in his actual chosen field of work, the dildo industry.

Nasty :turboalex:

He's on this thread right now!

Consults on supercar design for multi-billion dollar company. . . can't manage to browse anonymously.

:tyson: :tyson: :tyson: :bj: