Picked up a Countach!

rhyno

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday's pic.....I just love driving this car!!!!!

IMG_6440.JPG

I want to add an Anniversary badly! But then again I want an Lp400s.. I want a QV in red.... Ughhhh

I want to add an Anniversary badly! But then again I want an Lp400s.. I want a QV in red.... Ughhhh

If one were to have only a single Countach model to be driven and enjoyed (with no regard paid to appreciation potential), which would you choose? . . . or is that an obvious answer

If one were to have only a single Countach model to be driven and enjoyed (with no regard paid to appreciation potential), which would you choose? . . . or is that an obvious answer

they are all nice to drive imo..that is not easy

the 5000S carbed is a nice car to drive, has some headroom, nice sound, good performance and low end torque

as a classic i think it has few cons

I understand you, I would really like a yellow Countach to add to the collection but I don't think that will happen :(

I think to drive and enjoy, any Fuel Injected Ct..

Congrats rhyno! Did any of the Countaches come factory equipped with power steering?

I think to drive and enjoy, any Fuel Injected Ct..

i do not get why many think carbs are an issue ...

to me carbs are ok, i like them, easy and reliable....biggest issue is a bit of fuel smell in the box

i tuned the carbs once in the red S

i tuned the carbs once when i made engine overhual in the white S

and that's all..never 1 problem

i do not understand what is the issue with carbs...just need a guy that can worck on them and tune them well and you are set

more: i would venture to say i MUCH prefer the carbs on the 400S than the FI

for example the FI on the diablo. often get some small problem with them.

unbiased opinion

to me i had more issues with FI on 1 diablo than with 2 carbed countach and a carbed jalpa.

i bought a 308 and looked just for carbed version

i do not get why many think carbs are an issue ...

to me carbs are ok, i like them, easy and reliable....biggest issue is a bit of fuel smell in the box

i tuned the carbs once in the red S

i tuned the carbs once when i made engine overhual in the white S

and that's all..never 1 problem

i do not understand what is the issue with carbs...just need a guy that can worck on them and tune them well and you are set

more: i would venture to say i MUCH prefer the carbs on the 400S than the FI

for example the FI on the diablo. often get some small problem with them.

unbiased opinion

to me i had more issues with FI on 1 diablo than with 2 carbed countach and a carbed jalpa.

i bought a 308 and looked just for carbed version

Ive never had any problems with any F/I systems.. And Carbs are prone to issues when outisde temps change, altitude changes etc. On top of that, its hard to find a good guy who can tune carbs..

• 7 months later...
Sweet. Glad it worked out! When is the blue car going to be done?

Just waiting on a factory water pump rebuild kit from Italy and then she gets shipped home :)

Just put on my Ferruccio Lamborghini emblem, I think it looks great!

post-1321-1421129087_thumb.jpg

post-1321-1421129108_thumb.jpg

Did you hit the crack pipe with Allan? Please take it off, for everything that is holy and right in the world.

ISIS wouldn't do this to their own Countach

Did you hit the crack pipe with Allan? Please take it off, for everything that is holy and right in the world.

ISIS wouldn't do this to their own Countach

:iamwithstupid: This must stop.

I guess I'm not understanding the outrage. It's the equivalent of a sticker. I don't like the big SV graphic on Diablos, but I know there are others who adore it and I let them because if you don't love your Lamborghini, there's little point in having it. I don't think there was this much complaining when Roy wrapped his SV in brown. I say love your car first, my opinion can wait.

So you're telling me the sig is crazy, but no one bats an eyelash at this,

gum_2.jpg

At first I took the ribbing to be light hearted, but seriously guys, this is rhyno's car and he has his own tastes...and he has a reputation for sticking to his own tastes.