Underground Racing invades the Shift Sector CA event. (New world record)

Underground Racing

I want to congratulate Stacy Barnett for winning the classes he entered at the Shift Sector race event this weekend in California. Until this past weekend, I don't believe Stacy had ever even driven a Gallardo. The Underground Racing TT 2R Gallardo was delivered to California Saturday morning, and he made a couple of 1/2 track pulls to feel the car out and made one full pass Saturday at 215 mph! That was on a lower power setting, and that was all for Saturday. On Sunday (today) the guys started easing some more power in it for Stacy to get the feel of the higher boost levels. There was a lot of tire spinning and aborted runs, but he got one good pass in today and set a new world record at 224.99 mph in the 1/2 mile! And the car was never put on full kill! Stacy did an incredible job this weekend, and his Gallardo was on street tires (Toyo R888's). ;)

For safety reasons, Stacy opted out of any roll racing for the safety of him and other drivers, which was a good thing because on a couple of passes I hear he crossed over into another lane. Stacy will be ready for the next TI event for plenty of roll race action.

I also want to mention that Jorje also took delivery of his Underground Racing R Spyder. Because it is a Spyder with NO cage, the event staff didn't want him to go over 200 mph, so he had a ton of pulls coasting through the traps. Jorje did the right thing and took his time making solo runs as well. His car was never set to an aggressive boost level. I believe before the R Gallardo that he took delivery of this weekend, he had never been in a car making more than 600 HP, but I believe his last pass he went 205 mph. He did a great job driving his new Underground Racing Lamborghini!

Finally, I want to thank all the guys for heading out to CA on last minute notice for race support for our customers, namely KC, Tim, and John Reed.

IMG_0947_zpsb76818c8.jpg

Congrats to Stacy, Liquid, and everybody else involved. That is insanely fast.

:iamwithstupid:

Congrats fellas!

One hell of a fun weekend is all I can say.

Met some great people like Stacy and his buddies.

KC came out with his mechanic Tim. World class bunch of guys and I was very happy to have them out showing us through the car and helping with any minor changes. Can't say enough about Underground Racing!

1067619[/url]']

One hell of a fun weekend is all I can say.

Met some great people like Stacy and his buddies.

KC came out with his mechanic Tim. World class bunch of guys and I was very happy to have them out showing us through the car and helping with any minor changes. Can't say enough about Underground Racing!

Sorry I couldn't make it. We will meet up at Sema and do some gambling! ;)

Jorje you never had a car over 600 HP, and Stacy never drove a Gallardo before this event, yet you go 205 mph and he goes 224+. You my friends, have some testicles made of iron, lol.

Jorje you never had a car over 600 HP, and Stacy never drove a Gallardo before this event, yet you go 205 mph and he goes 224+. You my friends, have some testicles made of iron, lol.

Hahaha my man!

Stacy is a damn stud. Pulls a 215 in the only clean run on Saturday driving a manual time machine than the next day goes 225... Luckily KC was there and he is a great tuner. Gave me little by little power so I wouldn't kill myself. On the 205mph run the car had plenty of power left but it was not worth it without the cage. Epic weekend with the UGR fam!

Hahaha my man!

Stacy is a damn stud. Pulls a 215 in the only clean run on Saturday driving a manual time machine than the next day goes 225... Luckily KC was there and he is a great tuner. Gave me little by little power so I wouldn't kill myself. On the 205mph run the car had plenty of power left but it was not worth it without the cage. Epic weekend with the UGR fam!

I want to know how you feel going from a car that has 600 HP to 2000 HP...lol. That's quite the step up.

Anyways, congrats once again on an amazing mph depite being turned down. :icon_thumleft:

1067634[/url]']

Last I talked to Stacy, he just bought a GTR. Sounds like that was short lived.

He bought Reza's GTR and traded it for the G he has now. The car was sent to us before he ever saw it and was updated to the latest 2R with all the latest tranny upgrades. This car went 246 back in the day at the Texas mile. Prob would go much faster in the mile now;)

I want to know how you feel going from a car that has 600 HP to 2000 HP...lol. That's quite the step up.

Anyways, congrats once again on an amazing mph depite being turned down. :icon_thumleft:

I will never forget that first run. My stomach is honestly turning from nerves and anxiety. Here I am about to give her at a half mile for the first time, I have to make sure I start stopping at the proper time, make sure I shift at the proper time and keep the car straight. All of this while having noooo clue what's about to hit me...

When the boost came in 2nd gear it was an instant HUGE grin on my face while holding on for dear life. The in car GoPro convo with my buddy when we went 200 at the end of day one would make everyone here crack up... I will have to post the immediate reaction of us two after the run.

Than after day one my girlfriend and I jump in the car, throw the top down and hit the highway for 10 miles back to the hotel. I threw it in 3rd and gave her. To this moment all my girlfriend can say is "I don't understand" lol. Her face after 3rd was the same as if she just got approached by an alien. Straight with no emotion, just fear.

I will never forget that first run. My stomach is honestly turning from nerves and anxiety. Here I am about to give her at a half mile for the first time, I have to make sure I start stopping at the proper time, make sure I shift at the proper time and keep the car straight. All of this while having noooo clue what's about to hit me...

When the boost came in 2nd gear it was an instant HUGE grin on my face while holding on for dear life. The in car GoPro convo with my buddy when we went 200 at the end of day one would make everyone here crack up... I will have to post the immediate reaction of us two after the run.

Than after day one my girlfriend and I jump in the car, throw the top down and hit the highway for 10 miles back to the hotel. I threw it in 3rd and gave her. To this moment all my girlfriend can say is "I don't understand" lol. Her face after 3rd was the same as if she just got approached by an alien. Straight with no emotion, just fear.

You gotta give me a ride in this thing during SEMA.

and set a new world record at 224.99 mph in the 1/2 mile!
:o

And the car was never put on full kill!
:o :o

225mph (360km/h) it`s more then most of the cars from Unlim500 which they`re racing at 1 mile. :o :o :o :o

I saw on facebook that some guys from Russia heading to Texas, on Texas Mile Event (25-27 October)

Prob lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu will be there too. The question is: any UGR cars will show up ?

:o

:o :o

225mph (360km/h) it`s more then most of the cars from Unlim500 which they`re racing at 1 mile. :o :o :o :o

I saw on facebook that some guys from Russia heading to Texas, on Texas Mile Event (25-27 October)

Prob lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu will be there too. The question is: any UGR cars will show up ?

We will enter the Houston mile, not the Texas mile. ;)

Any media from the event? I am sure videos are coming but some pics of the cars would be great.

Amazing MPH!!

Congrats to Stacy, Liquid Assets (killer first time out man!) and all involved!

:icon_super:

holy hell 224 is unreal ! congrats on the record UG. Props to Liquid (Jorge) for having the balls to go 205 first time out in monster.

you are crazy brother!

Props to Stacy for also having balls of steel!