*** Congrats to Gabe, KING of NEW YORK! ***

Why doesn't the event just make everyone use the same tire if this is truly a KING OF THE STREET competition. I say everyone should have to use a street tire.

Sounds like the 888 works for everyone. Why not just make everyone use that tire?

Because as with anyone running their cars on the street, tires are part of the variation / combination that leads to a W or a L. The KING knows how to best equip and prep his car which I think includes tire choice.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because as with anyone running their cars on the street, tires are part of the variation / combination that leads to a W or a L. The KING knows how to best equip and prep his car which I think includes tire choice.

Nascar and other circuits have rules........ Why wouldn't this?

I say if the car is stripped out, doesn't have street tires or etc then it cannot be considered King of the STREET as a street car.

Nascar and other circuits have rules........ Why wouldn't this?

I say if the car is stripped out, doesn't have street tires or etc then it cannot be considered King of the STREET as a street car.

1. The event does have rules . . . tires is just not one of them

2. All of the tires we are discussing are street tires as defined by our government's Department of Transportation

3. To your point I think the objective is to replicate as nearly as possible how cars that do race on the street (ie not drag rails with jumbo slicks) actually race, without doing it on the street

Thanks for the compliments. The compound is not the same as a DR that the R888 has. The R888 does not hook as good as a DR's. Not only that, the R888 has more of a street tire side wall as to why you can take a corner with a R888. Not crying about running a street tire, just stating the facts. The small drag radial work well for a few passes. The larger drag radials work well for a longer period. You guys with the GTR's might be ok with your cars looking like a 4X4 truck but my customer and I would rather keep the Gallardo's looking like the car that they are.

One more thing. If you think the R888's work as good as the 4x4 DR's you guys run, then why not just use the R888's? I know the answer to that question, just want to hear you say it. ;)

Platform vs platform, on R888's. There would be no challenge so keep using those 4x4 tires as we like a good race.

TI King of the Street wins

- UR 3

- LMR 1

- World GTR 0

I ran 555R DR's 20's . Hardly a 4x4 looking tire.

Like i said I drove on my 18's MT's with no problems at all. Did they handle great ?no. Perfectly fine for street. I prefer the 555r.

This argument about people having to use a tire that works good for UG is a joke. Every car has its proper configuration. It works for you , great. silly argument.

here is a pic of 20's DR on a GTR. Looks OEM to me. Hardly a 4x4.

post-51915-1383324540_thumb.jpg

I have R888s on my GTR... I will race any UGR car 0-60! :P

I'll race you :) I was doing like 2.5 to 2.7 0 to 60 with my

Bolt on 570 at the drag strip.

:icon_thumleft:

Lets do it!

Please make this happen. Please make this happen in front of the house mentioned in this thread:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...p;#entry1075073

Would be funny to race 0 to 60.

A lot of people think the Gallardos are slow out of the hole for some reason. At the half mile I went to I learned that wasn't the case. I shot out of the hole using launch control. I would jump out pretty good on big power GTRs but they would make me looked like I was parked when they flew by me lol.

These LPs and R8s are just awesome cars.

I do not think this is necessarily true. My car hooked MUCH better on R888 than M&H drag radials (on the street). Also, the NT05r / 555r are available for a stock GT-R 20" wheel as to make it not look like a Jeep.

Then why are they not running R888s if they are better at the roll events? Those big 28" DR's are much better than the R888s.

Would be funny to race 0 to 60.

A lot of people think the Gallardos are slow out of the hole for some reason. At the half mile I went to I learned that wasn't the case. I shot out of the hole using launch control. I would jump out pretty good on big power GTRs but they would make me looked like I was parked when they flew by me lol.

These LPs and R8s are just awesome cars.

High power GTR's dont use launch control.. Mine is a wimpy GTR so Ill use it.

You may need to learn a page from that book as well.

Thanks, but I can take my losses.

See, Im the opposite. Everyone has a TT Lambo now, so its nice to see something different. So that old superfast Porsche thats been killing cars for 20years excites me.

If watching a stripped drag race car with the shell of a Porsche excites you more than TT Gallardos....

Go to the fox body mustang forums, slew of guys all built/tune/drive their own 7-8 sec turbo "street cars" on tiny budgets. Bello has a "Porsche" logo on the front so It is better at that aspect.

If watching a stripped drag race car with the shell of a Porsche excites you more than TT Gallardos....

Go to the fox body mustang forums, slew of guys all built/tune/drive their own 7-8 sec turbo "street cars" on tiny budgets. Bello has a "Porsche" logo on the front so It is better at that aspect.

Sure doesnt sound like youre good at taking your losses. His car is fully streetable, power windows, locks a/c and all..

His porsche is hardly a shell like a fox body. His porsche is old looking so thus making it seem like a POS. Its a classic Porsche with full interior. If these 7 sec Fox bodies were soooooooo bad ass .. why are they not wining the TI event? boom!

give the man some credit... he has a RWD porsche that is respected by thousands of car enthusiasts. I don't care for porsche personally but mucho respect for his car.It might not be the best looking car... But it is one of the baddest cars out there.

He rows his own gears which makes it even more impressive vs. a th400 drag car.

His porsche is hardly a shell like a fox body. His porsche is old looking so thus making it seem like a POS. Its a classic Porsche with full interior. If these 7 sec Fox bodies were soooooooo bad ass .. why are they not wining the TI event? boom!

give the man some credit... he has a RWD porsche that is respected by thousands of car enthusiasts. I don't care for porsche personally but mucho respect for his car.It might not be the best looking car... But it is one of the baddest cars out there.

He rows his own gears which makes it even more impressive vs. a th400 drag car.

They are just mad cause HERBIE RIDES AGAIN!

114.jpg

Its a classic Porsche with full interior.

I hear that behind those leather interior panels all is gutted. Leather and cardboard doesn't weigh much, what's behind it does. I heard the AC and etc was stripped.

FYI, I could build a fox body mustang without stripping it, run a 28" + tall drag tires and destroy the lambos and GTR's. That would impress the Mustang guys just as the Porsche excited Allen.

Then why are they not running R888s if they are better at the roll events? Those big 28" DR's are much better than the R888s.

I have no clue why they are doing what they are doing. Maybe because they think what work best on a prepped strip translates well to the highway. What I am telling you is that from my experience, M&H DRs do not perform better on the highway than R888.

This is what happens to M&H on the street . . . over 100 yards and not intentional

11s.PNG

I ran 555R DR's 20's . Hardly a 4x4 looking tire.

Like i said I drove on my 18's MT's with no problems at all. Did they handle great ?no. Perfectly fine for street. I prefer the 555r.

This argument about people having to use a tire that works good for UG is a joke. Every car has its proper configuration. It works for you , great. silly argument.

here is a pic of 20's DR on a GTR. Looks OEM to me. Hardly a 4x4.

You think those big power GTR's run those little DR's. LOL. Get away from the keyboard and come to the big boy roll on race and I will show you what you are not understanding.

I hear that behind those leather interior panels all is gutted. Leather and cardboard doesn't weigh much, what's behind it does. I heard the AC and etc was stripped.

FYI, I could build a fox body mustang without stripping it, run a 28" + tall drag tires and destroy the lambos and GTR's. That would impress the Mustang guys just as the Porsche excited Allen.

Yea , that i would not know. seems like a full interior to me.

As far as the mustang , I am curious to why we don't see any 7 sec one's at the event.. Could be no VHT down the track ;)

I do. ;)

My 3.36 60-130 on R888 says they work pretty well on the street too. I think I have a reasonably high level of familiarity when it comes to the GT-R.

Yea , that i would not know. seems like a full interior to me.

As far as the mustang , I am curious to why we don't see any 7 sec one's at the event.. Could be no VHT down the track ;)

They could just paint it on Like Bello does. Trust me, there are plenty of cars like Bellos (but other platforms) at the local 1/4 mile track that could come do some damage at a roll event.

If I still worked on Vipers, I would dominate that event with one.