*** Congrats to Gabe, KING of NEW YORK! ***

I have been getting updates all day from Pocono Raceway. Another big Shootout between the GTR's and the Underground Racing TT Gallardo's. Gabe in his Underground Racing TT Gallardo (street tires) went undefeated today including beating Eddie Bello's monster Porsche, twice! I know there has been a lot of talk in NY leading up to this event and it looks like Gabe ended it. Cant wait for videos! Congrats Gabe and Dave and thanks for representing Underground Racing strong today in your street cars. Gabe_08TTGallardoSL_03_zps13914f61.jpg

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stage 1R ... But with ALL the bells and whistles ...

"Gabe has his TT Lamborghini setup with the Stage 1 Race version putting out 1050 whp on (93 oct) pump and 1550+ on race gas. This build has the full custom Helix billet gear set (custom ratio 1-6) with billet output in input shafts and billet helix final drive gears with custom ratio (230 mph) that Gabe wanted. It also has a billet differential, a must in the higher HP cars and ONLY available through Underground Racing. It also has all the normal upgrades like the Motec ECU, billet axles, custom street ceramic clutch and etc. He coated the SL wheels black and color matched the CCB calipers to the body color of the Gallardo. You will see some videos of this car soon from the NY area."

No offense, but Bellos Porsche is most impressive..

From my understanding, that was not the finish line for the roll racers. It was the finish line for the drag racers - 1/4 mile mark.

Gabe's car was a good 4-5 cars ahead of EB in the race you posted a pic of at the finish line.

Nonetheless, EBs car is extremely impressive!!

I believe this vid is from the first race (same race the pic above is taken from, but the vid is at the finish line, not the 1/4 mile mark):

Both cars are crazy fast!

Gabe and Eddie raced to the 1500 foot mark. The picture you posted is only to the 1/4 mile which was not the finish line. Below is a picture of the FIRST race at the FINSISH line. There is also a video below on where the picture was taken. You can clearly hear both cars were under power when passing the 1500 foot mark. Thought I would clear this up, thanks. photopors_zps3d902332.png

From what I'm told Bello killed Daves UGR TT, and by the time other races transpired temps cooled and he couldn't hook causing him to need to lift in the races with Gabe.

From what I'm told Bello killed Daves UGR TT, and by the time other races transpired temps cooled and he couldn't hook causing him to need to lift in the races with Gabe.

That and he hit high boost in 2nd instead of 3rd like he usually does, so he spun hard. Remember that he only has low and high boost, he doesn't have boost by gear. So on low boost, he's only making 1000rwhp. Not an excuse, just informing those that may not know.

I'm with you, Allan...Eddie's car commands respect considering what it is and what he was racing. What he's able to do with that car is impressive, imo.

Gabe spun bad too. Then again, there are always excuses

True.

Looking forward to seeing what he does down at the TX event from a roll where traction doesn't limit him as much.

That and he hit high boost in 2nd instead of 3rd like he usually does, so he spun hard. Remember that he only has low and high boost, he doesn't have boost by gear. So on low boost, he's only making 1000rwhp. Not an excuse, just informing those that may not know.

I'm with you, Allan...Eddie's car commands respect considering what it is and what he was racing. What he's able to do with that car is impressive, imo.

True.

Looking forward to seeing what he does down at the TX event from a roll where traction doesn't limit him as much.

Air-cooled 90's Porsche, that's what blows my mind! Not that i'm biased by any means :icon_mrgreen:

Gabe spun bad too. Then again, there are always excuses

Again, Im not saying he won, Im saying Bellos car is the most impressive to me. He does these races on a shoe string budget, on a platform thats eons old in a car that is EXTREMELY difficult to drive. I remember my 930's at 700rwhp, 2600lbs were nuts, his must be mind numbing. So until a Gallardo TT or GTR runs 9.0s while pulling wheelies in the first 3 gears... Im in Bello's camp.. :icon_mrgreen:

Air-cooled 90's Porsche, that's what blows my mind! Not that i'm biased by any means :icon_mrgreen:

Yes, that does say a lot about the determination involved in continuing with the 90's 911 platform. Eddie Bello has been racing over 20 years with the same car, improving on it over time.

However, its apples and oranges. UGR impresses from building an empire from the Lambo TT market in less than 5. This is a car with a setup that can be easily repeated on any Gallardo and there's a line around the block waiting to get their car done.

From an engineering and business perspective, I have to give it to the UGR. But yes, from the smell of burnt C16 and Toyo rubber emanating from my garage, you can deduce I'm biased.

Yes, that does say a lot about the determination involved in continuing with the 90's 911 platform. Eddie Bello has been racing over 20 years with the same car, improving on it over time.

However, its apples and oranges. UGR impresses from building an empire from the Lambo TT market in less than 5. This is a car with a setup that can be easily repeated on any Gallardo and there's a line around the block waiting to get their car done.

From an engineering and business perspective, I have to give it to the UGR. But yes, from the smell of burnt C16 and Toyo rubber emanating from my garage, you can deduce I'm biased.

:iamwithstupid: I agree. Its amazing that Eddie has never been able to capitalize on his knowledge. I guess some people have business sense, some dont.

Here's a throwback for you guys. I remember the Toyo ads with his wheelies on the back page of Turbo magazine from fifteen or sixteen years ago. He's had a lot of adversity in the last ten years. Always entertaining watching him run. Still chasing those elusive 8's.