6 Speed G Purchase Help

African Hunter

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drove my 6 speed manual G around town today in fairly heavy traffic and I must confess, it was 'easier' to control the clutch engagement than the 2011 LP e-gear.

But will stick with LP e-gear as preferred mode of changing gears and live with the 'challenges' that come with extra complexity of actuators, pumps , solenoids, hoses, opportunity for clutch slip to occur more often,etc. compared to the relative simplicity and control of the clutch with the 6 speed manual.

The one observation that I would make is the OEM clutch is way undersized in diameter for a car of this power, but if you want an engine to spin to 8700rpm, you can't have a large diameter flywheel and clutch to go with it.

Whatever gear change mechanism you go for, the Gallardo is a great car to drive.

just my two cents worth.

cheers,

john

• 2 months later...

Hey All.

So I'm back and revving up for a purchase. Unfortunately the Balloon White car sold a few days prior to me reaching out to the dealer.

Main options I see on market now are 2013/2014 560-2 Bianco Opalis 50th anniv editions. Good news is there are three of them near me. One 2013 50th which has 1300 miles and 2.5yrs left on warranty(apparently a demo car for showing it off, not a client beater according to dealer... Still makes me suspect a bit), two others which are new and 2014. All spec'ed basically the same (Bianco Opalis, alcantara q-citura sport buckets, sl wheels, red calipers, glass bonnet, SL wing, 6 speed, etc) though the 2013 demo has carbon door handles and e-brake handle, others have standard(no biggie, 3k to change).

2013 listed 199k w/ warranty punched 7 months ago roughly

Both 2014's at 206k (Msrp) full warranty

In talks with 2/3 dealers

Few questions.

Have heard the rwd versions are a bit faster/more nimble, fair statement? the car will not be turbo'ed. Maybe light mods, exhaust, tune, etc.

With the Huracan about to hit, what would be a good offer on the 2013 or 2014?

Any other clean manual cars on the market right now I might not have seen? Looking 09 or later but would consider an 08 SL 6 speed(long shot).

Any advice, help, info appreciated. Will be my first exotic.

Thanks.

I got all excited over this car a few weeks ago. Unlike others I would only want a 6 speed as it is a very special car, especially in this color combo. Everyone talked me out of it and I felt it was priced a little too high. But inmo that's the perfect Gallardo unless you find a 570 in 6 spd.

I got all excited over this car a few weeks ago. Unlike others I would only want a 6 speed as it is a very special car, especially in this color combo. Everyone talked me out of it and I felt it was priced a little too high. But inmo that's the perfect Gallardo unless you find a 570 in 6 spd.

What were the reasons for talking you out of it?

What do you think a good price would be?

I really like the overall package a lot, plus being the last manual, only 30 in the US, Special paint which is gorgeous in person.

Thanks.

What were the reasons for talking you out of it?

What do you think a good price would be?

I really like the overall package a lot, plus being the last manual, only 30 in the US, Special paint which is gorgeous in person.

Thanks.

told me to.stay on track.and get the CGT I've been looking for. I've already had 2 Gallardo. I was told 160k buys it. No less.

A CGT is a worthy goal, awesome ride.

Really think a dealer would go to 160k on a brand new 560-2? That's 20k+ under invoice isn't it? Did you get quoted that?

If so mind directing me to that dealer =)

Also, where can I see actual invoice price?

out of curiosity John .... is the clutch on ur 06 a new one or original? how many miles / km did u have on the original before u had to change?

I drove my 6 speed manual G around town today in fairly heavy traffic and I must confess, it was 'easier' to control the clutch engagement than the 2011 LP e-gear.

But will stick with LP e-gear as preferred mode of changing gears and live with the 'challenges' that come with extra complexity of actuators, pumps , solenoids, hoses, opportunity for clutch slip to occur more often,etc. compared to the relative simplicity and control of the clutch with the 6 speed manual.

The one observation that I would make is the OEM clutch is way undersized in diameter for a car of this power, but if you want an engine to spin to 8700rpm, you can't have a large diameter flywheel and clutch to go with it.

Whatever gear change mechanism you go for, the Gallardo is a great car to drive.

just my two cents worth.

cheers,

john

A CGT is a worthy goal, awesome ride.

Really think a dealer would go to 160k on a brand new 560-2? That's 20k+ under invoice isn't it? Did you get quoted that?

If so mind directing me to that dealer =)

Also, where can I see actual invoice price?

Car is an 09.. it's 5 yrs old.. it's a 560-4

Car is an 09.. it's 5 yrs old.. it's a 560-4

Oh sorry, that B White/Red car sold for 159. Thought you were referring to the 2014 50th anniv 560-2 I referenced in my Jan 25th post.

Any guidance on what you think a good price would be on the 560-2?

Thanks

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

^^^ Very nice car.. rare find as well.

If your set on a six speed manual car , this one is optioned out perfectly IMO

Go for one of the new 560-2s if it is a manual transmission you want - I believe those two you mention are the only new MT Gallardos available in the country, and there are no more coming. I got my new 550-2 with MT from Symbolic last year, and highly recommend them - straightforward, easy to work with, and fair.

The balloon white car is at least in good hands :). I'm sure some purists would be upset though. Perfect TT specimen IMO.

IMG_9495-3copy_zps0fe6eafd.png

51D12D76-A119-4B0B-BBCF-67D985A121AB_zps

The balloon white car is at least in good hands :). I'm sure some purists would be upset though. Perfect TT specimen IMO.

IMG_9495-3copy_zps0fe6eafd.png

51D12D76-A119-4B0B-BBCF-67D985A121AB_zps

Wow straight to UGR?

haha I'm sure you can't wait to see the perfect car!!!

Wow straight to UGR?

haha I'm sure you can't wait to see the perfect car!!!

I haven't even physically seen the car yet lol.

out of curiosity John .... is the clutch on ur 06 a new one or original? how many miles / km did u have on the original before u had to change?

Hi BTfd2e93,

oops, missed your query.

The clutch in the 06 manual is original as car has only done 13,100 miles. Visual inspection shows ~ 40% wear.

On my 2011 e-gear, I managed with my poor reversing up my driveway to burn out clutch at 8,800 miles.

Now replaced with Kevlar Hi tech and still going strong at 13,400miles.

cheers,

john

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! :shock: Incredible car, I remember that car being discussed on the forum in its own thread a while back (specifically remember that exact interior and the SL rims and wing). STUNNING combination, you bought one of (if not) THE best G's on the market IMO! :icon_thumleft: Best of luck with her!