Waste Build Options

ToofDoc

I see just about ALL Aventadors have Electric Heated seats and Premium Sound options....

Do any of you use any of these two items? I can see once in a GREAT while, but both are really just pointless!? Both options are over $4K BTW!

I decided against both of these options in my Roadster because I never use heat in my seats in my Gallardo and I live in a wintery state and I also NEVER ever listen to music while I'm in my Lambo so why Premium sounds, right?

Waste or a must?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even if you don't use them, the cost of those options relative to the car make it seem like something I would choose for sure just in case you ever sell.

Even if you don't use them, the cost of those options relative to the car make it seem like something I would choose for sure just in case you ever sell.

But that's where I am confused? EVERYONE and their grandmas chooses these two options, but NO ONE uses them?!

One, not many people drive their A in the winter to take advantage of these heated seats

Two, not many people would choose to listens to music instead of engine/exhaust sounds while they're driving in their Lambos

Someone could argue that they prefer electronic seat vs manual seat adjustments, but come on who sits there and adjust their Lambo seats that much?

I don't believe these two options have much "resell" value. No one would turn down a nice Aventador within their price range because there are no premium sound or the seats can't be heated....

In So Cal those are great options to have. That being said it wouldn't be a sticking point on whether or not I bought a car.

I have never been in any car, exotic or not that I did not use the stereo. Don't get me wrong the engine noise is glorious but I love my music and hearing the engine over my music!

Is it a buying point for me no, but I would change the stereo anyways.

The heated seats are great and a buying point for the opposite sex usually. I do use them in my car though and usually option when ordering a car

If I had to choose I would pick premium sound... Sometimes music is nice to drown out other noises ( male teenage screams).

You're doing it wrong. You need a windowsless van for that! 8-)

Forgot to point out...premium sound option is increase in speakers and better speakers and amp....standard sound in Aventador is plenty good for me!

Forgot to point out...premium sound option is increase in speakers and better speakers and amp....standard sound in Aventador is plenty good for me!

I would still do the stereo and heated seats

I think you may be a lone wolf here on not wanting these options

Clearly it is personal preference but for me heated (and cooled seats, if available) along with an upgraded sound system are highly desirable if not mandatory. If the heated steering wheel option were offered this box would also be checked. While, in my opinion, they are positives for resale I always try to spec any vehicle to match my preferences rather than for the next buyer.

I am looking forward to checking out both options as my Aventador arrived at the dealership late yesterday. Expected delivery will be next week as the bull will spend time at a spa for the clear bra installation.

11_25_13.jpg

Clearly it is personal preference but for me heated (and cooled seats, if available) along with an upgraded sound system are highly desirable if not mandatory. If the heated steering wheel option were offered this box would also be checked. While, in my opinion, they are positives for resale I always try to spec any vehicle to match my preferences rather than for the next buyer.

I am looking forward to checking out both options as my Aventador arrived at the dealership late yesterday. Expected delivery will be next week as the bull will spend time at a spa for the clear bra installation.

Congrats.

I feel ya toofdoc. There are several options I feel that wouldn't help your resale whatsoever. I feel like when people are looking for a used Lambo, the smaller options will easily be overlooked. Things like the clear bonnet and such are obviously must haves. But some of that stuff I agree, it's not worth the money... I actually spec'd out an aventador that pretty much had everything I felt I needed and it stickered at only $415k!

You get Nero Aldebaran?

Very exciting!!!

I actually spec'd out an aventador that pretty much had everything I felt I needed and it stickered at only $415k!

You pulled the trigger yet?!

I would definitely get the heated seats. I use them all the time when it's cold out (early morning or late at night or riding with windows open. Sometimes I just like the envelope or warmth from the seat heaters and fresh cool air from windows open. Seat heaters are not really viable after market so I would not skip it. Not easily rectified.

Stereo is personal. I might skip it - especially if the standard set up was pretty good. I like music but rarely listen to any in the lambo (i do more so when driving other cars). Occasionally on long trips I turn on music. Maybe I'd use it more if it were better quality but honestly - I like the sounds of the car. Sound systems are relatively easy to change/upgrade aftermarket - so that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

I agree that cars should be optioned for the person buying it without much concern for selling.

I would definitely get the heated seats. I use them all the time when it's cold out (early morning or late at night or riding with windows open. Sometimes I just like the envelope or warmth from the seat heaters and fresh cool air from windows open. Seat heaters are not really viable after market so I would not skip it. Not easily rectified.

Stereo is personal. I might skip it - especially if the standard set up was pretty good. I like music but rarely listen to any in the lambo (i do more so when driving other cars). Occasionally on long trips I turn on music. Maybe I'd use it more if it were better quality but honestly - I like the sounds of the car. Sound systems are relatively easy to change/upgrade aftermarket - so that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

I agree that cars should be optioned for the person buying it without much concern for selling.

I would also get the heated seats and I do use mine even in Southern California. I did spec them out in the Roadster, but did not the order the Sensonum premium sound--the dealer actually told me he did not feel the upgrade was worth it, and I also would prefer to do an aftermarket upgrade. He also did not recommend the T-engine cover in carbon fiber (because the central spine of the transparent engine bonnet covers it), but I still ordered it because I like it.

I also totally agree that you should option it for your individual preferences, of course having the major options like transparent engine bonnet, rear view camera and parking sensors, multifunction steering wheel, 20/21 inch Dione rims, etc.

heated seats are 4k? That's freaking ridiculous. I'd definitely go for both options though. I love music and nothing is better than clean music. I'd use the heated seats too as my main heater. I HATE hot air blowing on me.

Spec it for you not the next guy, I hardly use the stereo, I wanted to go for the stereo delete in the SL but the dealer advised against it.

I see just about ALL Aventadors have Electric Heated seats and Premium Sound options....

Do any of you use any of these two items? I can see once in a GREAT while, but both are really just pointless!? Both options are over $4K BTW!

I decided against both of these options in my Roadster because I never use heat in my seats in my Gallardo and I live in a wintery state and I also NEVER ever listen to music while I'm in my Lambo so why Premium sounds, right?

Waste or a must?

An open top car without heated seats is insane to me. My wife wouldn't want to ride in it. Resale value will be hurt because everyone expects that option. Huge mistake.

I wouldn't spec it without the premium sound system but thats not a deal breaker like the heated seats.

An open top car without heated seats is insane to me. My wife wouldn't want to ride in it. Resale value will be hurt because everyone expects that option. Huge mistake.

I wouldn't spec it without the premium sound system but thats not a deal breaker like the heated seats.

I had a convertible while I was in college living up in Minnesota and in Michigan (both frigid cold states)....remember driving that POS with the top down in the winter with the heat fully blasted high at times.

I doubt I'll be driving my Lambo in the winter needless to say drive with the top off in the winter. I don't need the heated seats.

I agree, however, ladies LOVE heated seats!

He also did not recommend the T-engine cover in carbon fiber (because the central spine of the transparent engine bonnet covers it), but I still ordered it because I like it.

I also did not purchase the T-engine in CF, I saw the standard black one during my Factory tour in Italy, that thing looked bad ass in matte black! My dealer also said with the engine clear bonnet closed, one can't see the CF because it's covered up by the spine. What you can see through the glass is the surrounding perimeter panels so I went with the CF engine bay kits option instead!

Hate the heated seats. Gives me swamp ass. There I said it, you were thinking it

Lol. I hate heat. If it wasn't for my wife I would barely put the heat on in the winter, and I'm not just talking about FL, NJ too. I have never used a heated seat.

I don't need the heated seats.

I agree, however, ladies LOVE heated seats!

That's why we need them! :icon_mrgreen: I would add that option.

I also did not purchase the T-engine in CF, I saw the standard black one during my Factory tour in Italy, that thing looked bad ass in matte black! My dealer also said with the engine clear bonnet closed, one can't see the CF because it's covered up by the spine. What you can see through the glass is the surrounding perimeter panels so I went with the CF engine bay kits option instead!

The carbon fiber engine bay looks great! I am very happy with it.

I am still waiting on the carbon fiber engine bracing. They have not shipped any to the USA yet. You can see it through the rear view mirror while you're driving and through the glass so it's a nice feature. That is the last piece of carbon fiber that I am waiting on. Then my coupe will be complete.

The carbon fiber engine bay looks great! I am very happy with it.

I am still waiting on the carbon fiber engine bracing. They have not shipped any to the USA yet.

That'd be sexy!!

I did also purchased a CF steering wheel from IMS. Can't wait to see that bad boy!

What else is sexy? These from MACarbon! Thinking about getting em later!