McLaren MP4 VS Aventador Vs Porsche CGT

fastlane

By the vids looks to me like the CGT held its own better than the Aventador..

It only looks that way because the CGT got the jump on the McLaren before the start I think the car length loss would have been the same. The camera angle was bad to judge distance, I think it was 4 cars on the Avantador and 3 on the CGT and it started 1 car length early

I was at the event in the Gallardo. The driver of the aventador had to clue how to drive. He couldn't have been older than 18 lol.

Yes he is 18

Yes he is 18

That explains it. There is no way that outcome (esp that big) is real. Allan, go show them how to do it!

I was at the event in the Gallardo. The driver of the aventador had to clue how to drive. He couldn't have been older than 18 lol.

The thing about driving the Aventador or the Mclaren in a straight line from a roll is it requires no skill at all you put them both in auto mode and then step on the gas at some point you step on the brake to stop no launch no shifting just hold on.

That explains it. There is no way that outcome (esp that big) is real. Allan, go show them how to do it!

Another thing most people don't realize is the power to weight on the Aventador is 4.96 Vs 4.58 for the MacLaren and that is dry weight when you add the fluids the 12cyl picks up more weight then the little V8 will and the power to weight advantage grows even more. 3472/700 vs 2868/625 and I think the Aventador listed weight would be hard to reproduce.

Alex knows the Aventador driver well, and said he drives very good. Inmo, the CGT put up a very good showing.. It is manual transmission that isnt the quickest shift. The CGT has a tune, not bad to run with a cars that are much newer and with much faster transmissions. I think its safe to say the MP4 is faster than the Aventador as well.

Alex knows the Aventador driver well, and said he drives very good. Inmo, the CGT put up a very good showing.. It is manual transmission that isnt the quickest shift. The CGT has a tune, not bad to run with a cars that are much newer and with much faster transmissions. I think its safe to say the MP4 is faster than the Aventador as well.

I agree the CGT needed to shift get his rpm timing correct It ran and sounded like a CGT with a tune. The aventador sounded like it had an exhaust but i am not up on the sound of that car. The young man driving the Aventador seemed smart and alert and into it I don't know how much ther is to screw up just pressin on the gas.

Now if it was this then it is a different story driving.

1990 ZR1

The CGT is tuned and the aventador had an IPE exhaust system. I didn't mean to insult the Aventador driver I just know his driving could have been better. He was using the paddles not auto.

The CGT is tuned and the aventador had an IPE exhaust system. I didn't mean to insult the Aventador driver I just know his driving could have been better. He was using the paddles not auto.

:eusa_think:

It doesn't really surprise me anymore that the 12C is faster than pretty much everything. It's makes a good amount of power but it's one of the few cars that actually weighs anywhere close to it's advertised weight.

It doesn't really surprise me anymore that the 12C is faster than pretty much everything. It's makes a good amount of power but it's one of the few cars that actually weighs anywhere close to it's advertised weight.

:iamwithstupid: I think fikse has proved this many times!

imagine a 12c tuned with no cats :icon_super:

BTW my CGT had a tune with straight pipes and it felt great especially at the top of any gear. it also beat my 600whp gtr by a margin.

The CGT is certainly no dragster, especially from a dig or low mph roll out (nor is my GT3RS). But once you get them moving above 80mph, they become very hard to pull on. At an 80mph start, I pulled hard on an Aventador Roadster in my CGT.....

The rules are, whichever car Allan wants to buy next is the fastest, in this case is the CGT :icon_mrgreen:

No.. I know CGT is not fastest. I'm happy seeing it can still compete with the best of what's out today. No way will it beat an MP4

I just got an F12 a couple weeks ago. It's pretty close to the MP4, but it does feel faster once it gets rolling. The MP4 feels quicker on the hit, but the F12 is just ferocious once it gets into the power. Absolute animal of a car. I believe someone somewhere Vboxed their MP4 and F12 and they were just about even to 130 and from there on up the F12 murdered it.

No.. I know CGT is not fastest. I'm happy seeing it can still compete with the best of what's out today. No way will it beat an MP4

The CGT is the car I would take home from there!

I believe someone somewhere Vboxed their MP4 and F12 and they were just about even to 130 and from there on up the F12 murdered it.

Highly doubtful, unless you are saying the Aventador is slower than an MP4...

Up to a 100mph it might be close to even, but beyond that, game over.