Dude loses weight eating only mcdonalds

Kerplop

Afew years ago back in high school...i ate fast food every single day for about 1 and a half year....i jump from McDonald's to Burger King to KFC etc etc...i love fast food..all my classmates knows where i usually eat after school...infact the people working there remembers me and knew what i was going to order once i step in...

my weight was always stuck at 43kg back then....that was about 5years ago...and today my weight is 45kg and i have since quit eating fast food after meeting my current gf who stops me from eating it..

so yeah, fast food doesn't gain any weight for me..i eat all sorts of nonsense.. (i don't eat 3meals a day..usually 2 or sometimes once *yeah its bad*)..

43kg? How long are you? :o My gf weights 43kg and she is very petite.

How much is that in real weight? :icon_mrgreen:

Regarding the guy who ate McDonald's everyday, I had heard it was because he ate only salads and egg whites. If so, that would explain it. He wasn't eating like a quarter pounder with cheese, fries, and a Coke every day.

I think one thing that should be taken into consideration regarding eating though is that it isn't just calories, there is nutrition and molecular destruction to be taken into effect. You want to eat nutrient-rich foods and keep foods that harm your cells at a minimum. Otherwise, years of eating such foods adds up via years of molecular destruction in the body that becomes cumulative.

IMO, I believe that is one reason why people who don't treat their bodies well (i.e. most people) look like crap when they grow older. So many people (especially women) look like crap by the early thirties these days IMO due to lack of healthy eating and exercise.

Regarding the guy who ate McDonald's everyday, I had heard it was because he ate only salads and egg whites. If so, that would explain it. He wasn't eating like a quarter pounder with cheese, fries, and a Coke every day.

I think one thing that should be taken into consideration regarding eating though is that it isn't just calories, there is nutrition and molecular destruction to be taken into effect. You want to eat nutrient-rich foods and keep foods that harm your cells at a minimum. Otherwise, years of eating such foods adds up via years of molecular destruction in the body that becomes cumulative.

IMO, I believe that is one reason why people who don't treat their bodies well (i.e. most people) look like crap when they grow older. So many people (especially women) look like crap by the early thirties these days IMO due to lack of healthy eating and exercise.

You obviously didn't watch the video.

Mcdonalds is terrible because it tastes like shit, the fatness is just an extra reminder that you should learn how to fcuking cook. Everytime I've opened a chicken nuggets sauce since 2006 I've imagined a huge factory with large metal drums pumping out "Benzo Oxy Monocide color E42" and sticking the "Buffalo Sauce" sticker on top.

Has anyone here done a successful cleanse? Has it worked? Which would you recommend? A friend is going on 5 day 'drink water and spruce some lemon in there' I am pretty sure he'll be dead before day 3.

Has anyone here done a successful cleanse? Has it worked? Which would you recommend? A friend is going on 5 day 'drink water and spruce some lemon in there' I am pretty sure he'll be dead before day 3.

Seriously, fitness and dieting is SO DAMN simple. I can't for the life of me understand how people can complicate it so much. Eat healthy, eat in moderation (as in keep somewhat track of calories that you eat/drink) and when you work out, do it with intensity. Want to burn fat? Take in less calories than you burn. Want to loose weight faster? Run, run, run, until you can't take it any more. Do this as much as you can. Listen to your body. Feel like shit? Wait until tomorrow and repeat.

Want to build muscles? Eat healthy, eat more proteins (as in, eat meat, fish, chicken, beans for dinner), and learn how to do proper exercises for all the major muscle groups. Work out 3 times a week, one day rest in-between. Do 3 sets with 7-12 reps for each muscle group. Done, it's that simple.

I have had some friends do juice cleanses (sp?) before but just for a few days. You are still getting nutrients, and potentially a decent amount of calories. You should get similar nutrients to a fruit/veggie diet similar to what Steve Jobs was on and he lived more than a few days, so it's no biggie. 5 days with just water and lemon is dumb, and will have at least a short term effect on his metabolism. I had a neighbor that was asking me about fitness that said she was only eating 800 cals and exercising yada yada, she got the flu shortly after and couldn't shake it for 4 months! You can't live like that. Personally if I want to "detox" I'll just go sit in the sauna/steam room for a while, to each their own.

Intermittent fasting is fine and should not affect your metabolism as long as you still get your cals in. Meal timing for the most part is BS, as long as you are getting in similar cals day to day or even more importantly week to week your fine. That is coming from someone who eats constantly though, but I'm always hungy.

I'm not disagreeing with what vilhelm said, but it is actually even easier than what he said. All you need is CONSISTANCY. Diet is most important, get that straight and stick to it (and by diet I mean how many cals you eat not necissarily limiting them or not eating certain foods). Then exercise will help a ton, get a plan and stick with it, whatever works for you, the more the better, but not everyone can hit the gym 6 times a week, just stick with it. Especially if you like to eat, just make sure you burn those extra calories or start lifting and build musce with them, but don't use it as an excuse to eat extra stick with your parameters. Sleep helps too ;)

I don't want to get into the whole processed foods, pesticide etc debate. I will say I went to my yearly visit with my Gastroenterologist yesterday and the waiting room was full though, it didn't used to be like this, something is wrong with what everyone is eating. You can loose weight and appear fit and healthy eating whatever you like, how it effects your insides is a different discussion.

Seriously, fitness and dieting is SO DAMN simple. I can't for the life of me understand how people can complicate it so much. Eat healthy, eat in moderation (as in keep somewhat track of calories that you eat/drink) and when you work out, do it with intensity. Want to burn fat? Take in less calories than you burn. Want to loose weight faster? Run, run, run, until you can't take it any more. Do this as much as you can. Listen to your body. Feel like shit? Wait until tomorrow and repeat.

Want to build muscles? Eat healthy, eat more proteins (as in, eat meat, fish, chicken, beans for dinner), and learn how to do proper exercises for all the major muscle groups. Work out 3 times a week, one day rest in-between. Do 3 sets with 7-12 reps for each muscle group. Done, it's that simple.

Haha, agreed.

But Vilhelm, have you ever thought about the difference between "simple" and "easy"? :icon_mrgreen:

When ever I'm at McDonalds I eat 5 lbs worth of food and 15 minutes later take a 10lbs shit...do the math

You eat 20 quarter pounders and shit out 40 quarter pounders.

Mad skillz!

You obviously didn't watch the video.

Hadn't watched the video, but the video seems in line with my point. He said he ate egg whites and oatmeal for breakfast and salads for lunch, and a typical value meal for dinner, and adhered to strict nutritional guidelines.

Mcdonalds is terrible because it tastes like shit, the fatness is just an extra reminder that you should learn how to fcuking cook. Everytime I've opened a chicken nuggets sauce since 2006 I've imagined a huge factory with large metal drums pumping out "Benzo Oxy Monocide color E42" and sticking the "Buffalo Sauce" sticker on top.

Is benzo oxy monocide E42 a made-up chemical (like you writing a parody of one of those complex chemical names in foods)? I ask because I Googled it and nothing came up (though it corrected to asking if I meant "monoxide")?

Getting oneself weaned off of the sweets is the hard part I think. It can be excruciating for people when trying to give up sweets until the body gets used to it. Until then, the body is stuck in a cycle where it will work overtime to get rid of the excess sugar in the bloodstream, then it lowers it too much and then craves more sugar, and thus craves the foods it recognizes as sugary.

Once you get weaned off the sugar foods though, eating healthy is much easier.

I have always simply adjusted my diet as my metabolism has slowed due to age. I eat pretty much whatever, but have made concessions. I gave up cola, candy, and and most other sweets years ago. I still have dessert when eating out and have a Coke every once in a while, but I don't drink a twelve pack of Mountain Dew a day and eat candy bars constantly like I did when I was a teenager. I have cut down on junk food and avoid late night snacking.

That said, I eat fatty meats of all kinds, tons of cheese, bread and carbs of all sorts, but also eat plenty of fruits and veggies. I still eat fast food a couple times a week. I haven't gone to a gym in my entire adult life and my weight has been between 175 and 185 for the last fifteen years. It takes some diligence though. I'm also fairly active, so that helps.

Wheels I agree, give up the sweets and you've won half the battle.

As far as cleanses go, that's what Indian food is for.

Is benzo oxy monocide E42 a made-up chemical (like you writing a parody of one of those complex chemical names in foods)? I ask because I Googled it and nothing came up (though it corrected to asking if I meant "monoxide")?

Yeah, that was a made up one. I can't stand the plastic artificial shit they claim to call food. Don't get me started on sliced cheese - what the fcuk IS that? It doesn't melt!

For me, its all about a "diet" that I can live with for the rest of my life. Otherwise you are doomed to fail. That said: Sugar=Poison. I try never to eat it - and thats much harder than it sounds as sugar is usually in the top three ingredients in most processed foods. I just eliminated those foods. Now, thats typically carbohydrates, which I guess means I'm on a low/no carb diet but that was not my intent. I eat plenty of meats, veggies, fruits, so I get plenty of carbs, just not simple carbs from refined sugar. If I want candy, I have a little, but I know I'm having sugar as a treat. Its not sneaking into my diet through wheat bread. I also work out (45-60 min) 4-5 days a week. When I started this diet I dropped 30lbs (~20%) in six months and have kept it off for 18 months. I think I can eat/live like this the rest of my life and feel no sacrifices at all.