Allan lampoon ' s European Vacation

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No sarcasm, no smiley... for the most part our experience at most any place other than our hotel or fine dining.

Well you certainly are living up to the stereotype.... did you try shouting at them ? :thefinger:

Well you certainly are living up to the stereotype.... did you try shouting at them ? :thefinger:

Nope.. for the most part my wife deals with them. Sorry if I'm not a fan of a place where they can't figure out how to swipe a credit card, take credit cards, smile, or say hello.. not even getting into the ones that smell of booze at 8am or smell like they haven't showered in weeks. :thefinger: But if that's your thing... ENJOY

No sarcasm, no smiley... for the most part our experience at most any place other than our hotel or fine dining.

I'm with you. Love Europe but the snottiness of the people in some countries is annoying, the problem is they all think they have the best country in the EU so start off with attitude.

The transplants are always the nicest people!

Today is our last day in Germany.. thankfully.. I must say it's not going into my favorite places list.. There are some cool historic places to see, but for the most part, the people fcuking suck, they all seem pissed off. Unlike other countries most do not speak any English , and they will not make an effort to try and figure it out with you. Lastly the food blows, I got schnitzel and spatzel shooting out my ass. Best part of Germany was the Porsche factory tour.

English is a problem in countries where they do voiceovers on TV instead of subtitles for American shows. It's the same thing in Spain.

Doing any skiing?

I sure will! Just relaxing today.

And what an immediate change between countries. Moment you get off the plane people smiling, asking if you need help, pointing you in the right direction, striking up conversation etc.. love it..

20140127_195034_Richtone_HDR_.jpg

20140127_194820_Richtone_HDR_.jpg

20140127_194433.jpg

20140127_191432.jpg

20140127_191321.jpg

20140127_165615.jpg

20140127_170655.jpg

20140127_162506.jpg

Doesn't matter if Princess Grace, Princess Diana and Prince Charles ate here. Doesn't matter if everyone is eating breakfast in their finest attire. I come down in my Grinch pj's and Ralphie tshirt.

20140128_111206.jpg

20140128_103311.jpg

I'm Big fan os Switzerland and Austria for winter/spring vacations....can't say the same about Germany...Big thumbs up for the night life in Germany though!

... Pijamas :lol2: :icon_thumleft:

Germany mainly sucks. Skiing is great in the Alps, been there several times. Other than that, most of it sucks over here.

We need sun/warmer climate :eusa_wall:

And for the love of God, get a stylist man, you are making L-power look bad!

Doesn't matter if Princess Grace, Princess Diana and Prince Charles ate here. Doesn't matter if everyone is eating breakfast in their finest attire. I come down in my Grinch pj's and Ralphie tshirt.

:hunter:

No helmet and letting your wife ride alone on the T lifts! Amateur hour :)

No need for helmet... I'm a pro! I hate do the T lift with the wife, she too dam short, so either the lift pulls me from behind my knees or it pulls her by the back of the head.

Also haven't seen it mentioned here but they are reporting that Schumi is pretty much done for. Very unfortunate.

News seems to.portray sarcastily that Obama is trying to.convince the world of his American intentions. CNN keeps replaying a story that 85 people control more wealth than the rest of the world and the inequality of wealth.

Where is your helmet??

No helmet and letting your wife ride alone on the T lifts! Amateur hour :)

No need for helmet... I'm a pro! I hate do the T lift with the wife, she too dam short, so either the lift pulls me from behind my knees or it pulls her by the back of the head.

Just sayin....

Don't go all Shu on us, wear a fcuking helmet