My new LP560, now at UGR

Trust

The black wheel setup looks much better than the adv ones pictured above, and this is coming from someone that usually doesn't like black wheels.

Looks absolutely amazing

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The adv's look like they can accommodate a proper tire on this baby :) good luck at tx2k ... wish it went with the adv's tire/wheel combo as in the pic.

18's on the rear on the ADV's, 19's on the front. One of the beads are leaking so it won't hold air. I rushed them on the build, shit happens.

The black wheels are deceiving, I had to zoom in on that pic, thought you were on like a 20 series tire, lol. I was gonna say, that should be fun trying to hook! Hahaha

Any updates?

Trust's car broke down. Heard he miss shifted or something. That sucks :(

Otherwise i heard UG is cleaning up. only 1 car is close to them A20 from T1

Mullet 202

A20 198

Mullet 202

A20 198

Damn that thing didn't last a week! Are you serious?

I was not there.. But i was told it was being towed.

I am sure Kevin or Reza will chime in.

4th pass ever made and he had it turned up all the way. Accidentally shifted back into 1st instead of 3rd... Sucks all around but Kevin will get it back up in no time. Reza will be ready for it when it comes back!

1109473[/url]']

Mullet 202

A20 198

The a20 only ran 186. The 198 was DQ'ed for the run starting waaaaay to early. They are on top of that there. Fastest mph is 198 by Bob Helms UGR Gallardo. Fastest GTR went 192 which is very impressive.

It's going to be a tuff battle for the Gallardos today. Seemed like 80%+ GTR's at this event.

4th pass ever made and he had it turned up all the way. Accidentally shifted back into 1st instead of 3rd... Sucks all around but Kevin will get it back up in no time. Reza will be ready for it when it comes back!

the dreaded money shift. I am sure Kevin and his crew will get it up and running in no time! From their reputation i'm surprised they didn't swap a new trans in in the paddock haha

• 3 months later...

So it's been right at 3 months now since I've had this car back from UGR so probably time for a review.

Firstly, the car is absolutely everything I was hoping/expecting it to be. It's fast as hell, quality and craftsmanship of the build amazing, support from Kevin, KC and all of the UGR crew have been nothing sort of outstanding.

Driving Impressions:

Aside from the clutch being heavier than stock, it literally drives like stock, starts up just as normal, idles normal, A/C works flawlessly, putts around like it's stock with a bit of turbo whistle.

Power:

6 speed makes power delivery a little more exciting IMO, however the power delivery is exceptionally smooth, car pulls and pulls each gear harder and harder. I'm only revving it to the factory 8500rpm rev limiter and it has plenty to spare. It's as easy to drive at WOT as a stock Gallardo, just revs a fair bit faster lol. It makes all the right sounds, V10, click click from the gated shifter, and BOV's on the shifts, amazing.

Quality of Work:

It's an art form, I wish I could just take the bumper off and leave it off, but not quite practical. The car looks amazing under the hood, I LOVE the intake, just freakin' perfect.

Customer Support:

It's all about relationships in the end, you can have an awesome car and be a douche and nobody wants to be around you, same goes for a shop. You can have a great product and be jerks and the same goes. Everyone from Kevin, KC, John Reed to every single tech they have been so helpful it's ridiculous. The support at events is incredible, all the other owners are great people. There were 2 things that blew me away;

1. I totally botched a shift the first time I got the car, messed up a lot of stuff (1st -> 2nd -> 1st at WOT) and not only did UGR have the car fixed (pretty much a full build again), but back to me in 3 weeks, INSANE. My car has literally been built twice, in the same time frame many are just getting taken apart.

2. The support even from home is amazing, you know how it goes, you get used to something and it feels broken, John Reed remoted into my computer and reviewed logs, adjusted settings in the tune, etc. all without a hint of complaint. I blew a coupler up a couple of weeks ago because the car is always on kill and stuff happens, Kevin sent me 4 couplers, all new clamps etc. overnight Saturday delivery, car was literally fixed in a day.

Bottom line, the car is all and more you'd expect it to be, I literally can't think of a better car.

I'd like to express my appreciation for the whole UGR crew for answering my questions, entertaining my requests, checking and double checking with me every step of the way during the build on what I wanted (from powder coat, to caliper color, to cage etc.), questioning my thinking, all of it. Class act, customer for life.

^ great review, always like to hear vendors actually taking care of their customers.

Curious on how heavy the clutch is compare to stock, is it very significant? Also how's the engagement compare to stock?

So it's been right at 3 months now since I've had this car back from UGR so probably time for a review.

Firstly, the car is absolutely everything I was hoping/expecting it to be. It's fast as hell, quality and craftsmanship of the build amazing, support from Kevin, KC and all of the UGR crew have been nothing sort of outstanding.

Driving Impressions:

Aside from the clutch being heavier than stock, it literally drives like stock, starts up just as normal, idles normal, A/C works flawlessly, putts around like it's stock with a bit of turbo whistle.

Power:

6 speed makes power delivery a little more exciting IMO, however the power delivery is exceptionally smooth, car pulls and pulls each gear harder and harder. I'm only revving it to the factory 8500rpm rev limiter and it has plenty to spare. It's as easy to drive at WOT as a stock Gallardo, just revs a fair bit faster lol. It makes all the right sounds, V10, click click from the gated shifter, and BOV's on the shifts, amazing.

Quality of Work:

It's an art form, I wish I could just take the bumper off and leave it off, but not quite practical. The car looks amazing under the hood, I LOVE the intake, just freakin' perfect.

Customer Support:

It's all about relationships in the end, you can have an awesome car and be a douche and nobody wants to be around you, same goes for a shop. You can have a great product and be jerks and the same goes. Everyone from Kevin, KC, John Reed to every single tech they have been so helpful it's ridiculous. The support at events is incredible, all the other owners are great people. There were 2 things that blew me away;

1. I totally botched a shift the first time I got the car, messed up a lot of stuff (1st -> 2nd -> 1st at WOT) and not only did UGR have the car fixed (pretty much a full build again), but back to me in 3 weeks, INSANE. My car has literally been built twice, in the same time frame many are just getting taken apart.

2. The support even from home is amazing, you know how it goes, you get used to something and it feels broken, John Reed remoted into my computer and reviewed logs, adjusted settings in the tune, etc. all without a hint of complaint. I blew a coupler up a couple of weeks ago because the car is always on kill and stuff happens, Kevin sent me 4 couplers, all new clamps etc. overnight Saturday delivery, car was literally fixed in a day.

Bottom line, the car is all and more you'd expect it to be, I literally can't think of a better car.

I'd like to express my appreciation for the whole UGR crew for answering my questions, entertaining my requests, checking and double checking with me every step of the way during the build on what I wanted (from powder coat, to caliper color, to cage etc.), questioning my thinking, all of it. Class act, customer for life.

Amazing to hear, I've always heard nothing but great reviews and raving customers. Definitely can not wait to own one of these cars in the future.

They are really on another level compared to everyone else, these guys really set the bar. I was amazed at how well they took care of all your cars at TX2K. Makes you not want to even do a build with anyone else, ha-ha.

Enjoy!