E-gear...park in 1st or N???

murcivu

OK...I'm a bit confused now. Just spoke with two reputable mechanics. One said to park in 1st and the other N. Which is one correct?

In general park in one is suggested because it keeps the car from rolling. Suggestions of parking in N are because in e-gear failures if the car is in one you won't be able to get it to N and especially if the car is in a tight space, moving it will be very difficult.

N is a safer bet assuming working e brake and level parking space.

OK...I'm a bit confused now. Just spoke with two reputable mechanics. One said to park in 1st and the other N. Which is one correct?

Lambo owners manual says first or reverse.

I always parked my E-Gear cars in 1st or reverse, combined I owned E-Gear Lambos for more than 7 years and I've never had an issue.

I think the manual states, as fastlane said, first or reverse, I'd rather deal with e-gear issues than find my car further down the road having said that I don't think how you parked yours caused the issues you are experiencing with your car, good luck with it, it sucks that it is giving you troubles.

I always park in 1st. I wouldn't trust the handbrake on the Murci, when I had my 06 it started rolling once when I left it in N with handbrake on after I got out of car. I had to jump into the car and slam on brakes and managed to stop it just before it rolled into a concrete wall.

I always parked my E-Gear cars in 1st or reverse, combined I owned E-Gear Lambos for more than 7 years and I've never had an issue.

I think the manual states, as fastlane said, first or reverse, I'd rather deal with e-gear issues than find my car further down the road having said that I don't think how you parked yours caused the issues you are experiencing with your car, good luck with it, it sucks that it is giving you troubles.

Thanks Fortis. Appreciate it. Yeah...does suck having this issue after only 3k miles of driving and in less than a yr. Hopefully it's something simple. Gonna drop it off tomorrow and see what happens. I'll report back.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I do feel more comfortable parking in 1st. I do not trust the hand brake at all. A few times I had to park on a steep slope and cannot imagine coming out and seeing the car gone or worse slamming into something or someone.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry to resurrect this thread but... having found my car in a different place than I left it with my aftermarket exhaust pipe stuck through someone elses trunk I can say, without question, that the murci's hand brake sucks. if you are on any hill, no matter how slight, leave it in 1st!