Brake Caliper Paint Conversion

ToofDoc

I'll be painting my stock black brake calipers and was wondering if any of you done it? If so, how much did it cost you guys? I was quoted $2400 for all four.

My main question is where did you guys find the caliper script replacement "Lamborghini Carboceramici" sticker?

Did you get the script repainted or sticker with clear coating?

I'll be painting my stock black brake calipers and was wondering if any of you done it? If so, how much did it cost you guys? I was quoted $2400 for all four.

My main question is where did you guys find the caliper script replacement "Lamborghini Carboceramici" sticker?

Holy shit, that's insanity! I usually have the calipers shot with desired color have the script done in a high temp vinyl and cleared

Here are my Ferrari F40 Brembo's I had reshot for my 993 Porsche $125 a piece.

2013_05_25_12.09.36.jpg

Holy shit, that's insanity! I usually have the calipers shot with desired color have the script done in a high temp vinyl and cleared

Here are my Ferrari F40 Brembo's I had reshot for my 993 Porsche $125 a piece.

That's a great price!!

That's a great price!!

That's normal, the highest price I have seen here in LA for the top ceramic coat paint guy in in the game was $800 for all 4

ToofDoc, that doesn't sound right at all. The price for factory-option colour calipers north of the border is $1600; US pricing would always be cheaper. Even if you chose a colour which is not available as a factory option, in no way should any after-market paint job be so much more.

ToofDoc, that doesn't sound right at all. The price for factory-option colour calipers north of the border is $1600; US pricing would always be cheaper. Even if you chose a colour which is not available as a factory option, in no way should any after-market paint job be so much more.

I totally agree. $2400 was quoted to me by my dealership who uses their local body shop. I contacted that specific body shop to see what they actually will charge. Haven't heard back yet.

I know my local body shop charges much cheaper than $2400 for the set.

The price I'm not concerned, just don't know where to find the vinyl script that says "Lamborghini Carboceramici"?

I'm thinking about just getting a separate new set of calipers and get them painted now so when my car comes, it'll be a quick swap versus the car comes, then I got to wait for the calipers to be painted then the car gets delivered!

A new set of calipers = $9K!!! :eusa_wall:

The painting process shouldn't take much longer than a few days.

Nowadays, any reputable paint shop would either have in house or have close contact with a shop that does graphics. Virtually any PC + a laser cutter can replicate the graphics/fonts in vinyl so I don't think that really is an issue.

What worries me is how the script was applied: the factory ones are painted on (or at least it seems to me), they are smooth, i.e. the script is flush with the calipers' surfaces (you can't feel the script). After-market ones are stuck on and then clear-coated (or not). You can really feel the vinyl on the calipers' surfaces. I wonder if the vinyl will peel off over time.

The painting process shouldn't take much longer than a few days.

Nowadays, any reputable paint shop would either have in house or have close contact with a shop that does graphics. Virtually any PC + a laser cutter can replicate the graphics/fonts in vinyl so I don't think that really is an issue.

What worries me is how the script was applied: the factory ones are painted on (or at least it seems to me), they are smooth, i.e. the script is flush with the calipers' surfaces (you can't feel the script). After-market ones are stuck on and then clear-coated (or not). You can really feel the vinyl on the calipers' surfaces. I wonder if the vinyl will peel off over time.

Some body shop have mentioned paint on scripts. Like you, I much rather that. More work usually means more cost.

Another option, just skip the script and leave it in solid color! Too bare?

Some body shop have mentioned paint on scripts. Like you, I much rather that. More work usually means more cost.

Another option, just skip the script and leave it in solid color! Too bare?

IIRC, Lamborghini had script on their calipers way back from the Diablo's (it says Brembo instead of Lamborghini). Leaving the calipers bare, especially with huge ones from the Aventador, is begging for question on their validity and raising flags, even more so when they are not factory colours. IMO, either do it 100% correct or don't do it at all.

I contacted two other shops in town today...

One of which did say, they will paint the script and not vinyl. Estimate to be provide tomorrow.

I had mine done in VI for $2000 by the dealer at delivery. :icon_thumleft:

• 4 weeks later...

Paint is fine for the calipers. Obviously 2400 is a lot to pay but anything under 1500 is a score. I normally charge 800 if the calipers are brought to me.

I have the script. I will look for it this evening.

My place painted "Lamborghini" and had to do the "Carboceramici" in vinyl since it was so small.

I have the script. I will look for it this evening.

My place painted "Lamborghini" and had to do the "Carboceramici" in vinyl since it was so small.

Hook me up! Email the file to me! [email protected]

My shop (not the dealership) is charging me a very decent price. Under $500 for all four. He recommends powder coating it with the script.

Thanks To Glen at AMH Exotic Parts hooking me up with these new OEM calipers directly from Italy...

Getting them painted sparkly pink next week!!

Don't hate!

Oh BTW....when my Roadster comes in May, I'll have the original set of the OEM brake calipers from the car for sale. They are black with silver scripting. Let me know (PM me) if any of you are interested.

IF they are powder coated what are you doing for stencils bc regular vinyl will melt in a powder oven at 400 degrees.

I'm not sure how these guys will do it? I confirmed with them...I said powder coat or paint, he said powder coating,,,,then I said....script also...he says "yup"! I have no clue? He's done a ton of Porsche, Corvette calipers with scripts so I'm going to go with it. We'll see.