87 Countach forsale

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ialso heard dinos going for over 450k $...prices going up VERY fast....someone remember when it happened last time?

1989 all over again?

ialso heard dinos going for over 450k $...prices going up VERY fast....someone remember when it happened last time?

1989 all over again?

No. What happened?

300 for F.I. cars now?!!!! if that is true then something is very very wrong here. I am all for

increases but doubling in a month and half is not rational and cant be sustained. I am thinking

BIG blowout soon if this doesn't stop.

This is the same thing that happened in the late 80's- early 90's. Lucky, I lusted after these cars back in the day, but could not afford them. I saw many people loose their asses on Italian exotics and real estate during those feverish buying days. 300 for a QV FI is crazy. All collector cars are going up, not just the Countach....can it sustain??? only time will tell

I guess for me as an owner it could be win win... if it goes up= i already have one.. if it

all crashes and burns = maybe i can get another one like i always wanted (i slightly prefer

this option :o ..)

This is the same thing that happened in the late 80's- early 90's. Lucky, I lusted after these cars back in the day, but could not afford them. I saw many people loose their asses on Italian exotics and real estate during those feverish buying days. 300 for a QV FI is crazy. All collector cars are going up, not just the Countach....can it sustain??? only time will tell

Keep in mind that at the end of that period brand new anniversary C- cars were selling for $ 400K in today's $'s...when the music stopped the jonny -cum-latelys were in trouble, but the earlier buyers simply kept driving their cars, or kept looking at them, or put them in long-term storage.

Things did not end "overnight" :bj:

Paul

Keep in mind that at the end of that period brand new anniversary C- cars were selling for $ 400K in today's $'s...when the music stopped the jonny -cum-latelys were in trouble, but the earlier buyers simply kept driving their cars, or kept looking at them, or put them in long-term storage.

Things did not end "overnight" :bj:

Paul

Anniversary countaches he's were 400k? When in the hell was that?

(Btw autocorrect does not like the word countach).

Here's something... I never once saw a countach for sale anywhere in those days... But I do remember seeing an F40 for 800k in 1990, when they were msrp at 400k... And then the values dropped back down to "normal" levels of like 400k. Now of course, they're back to 800-1m+.

Is that the type of stuff were talking about? Newish cars commanding a premium, and then the bottom falling out where a few years later you can't even get the original MSRP for? Because thats a pretty typical and ongoing trend...

Exotic cars go through a pricing rio loaf coaster that typically start off way over their listed prices because the guys who "have to hav"e the newest coolest toy are willing to pay a premium to have it... Then a few years later, there's a new, newest, they dump the old one and the prices drop...and there is a ten or fifteen year valley where they are just an old car... Then they become a "classic" and the collectors come out and buy up the few remaining decent unfucked cars and the prices steadily go up, with plateaus and pullbacks dictated by the overall economy...

Now don't quote me, but the last big run up was because of several things. Japan went through a big bubble, loaning money at near zero interest. The same thing happened to their real estate, which has never recovered. This one country bought anything they could, speculating, including exotic cars.

Now most cars are being bought without a loan, from what I can tell. The cars that are going up are the poster cars of the late 70's and 80's, not the muscle cars. I have a 64 GTO convertible, the first muscle car according to most. It has gone absolutely nowhere value wise for some time. My Pantera is different. Yikes, a 930, what another car that is increasing. Especially the 75-79 cars. The Countach was undervalued for some time, compared to rivalries (except the 512 Boxer which is now going up hard).

So the economy is propped up, war is always a threat, terrorism, etc. Point is you have an excellent chance to sell your car for big money compared to a year ago. I choose not, because it was something I always wanted & still want. I never bought it thinking I could make even a penny anyways. Maybe I won't. The price rise is great, but it does create a prisoner in your garage when it is under insured. I need to change mine, at 150k, asap.

$400k and more. The story goes that Irv David was able to build his Lambo showroom off of what he made flipping just one 25th Anniversary CT back in the heyday.

(Btw autocorrect does not like the word countach).

Here's something... I never once saw a countach for sale anywhere in those days... But I do remember seeing an F40 for 800k in 1990, when they were msrp at 400k... And then the values dropped back down to "normal" levels of like 400k. Now of course, they're back to 800-1m+.

Is that the type of stuff were talking about? Newish cars commanding a premium, and then the bottom falling out where a few years later you can't even get the original MSRP for? Because thats a pretty typical and ongoing trend...

Exotic cars go through a pricing rio loaf coaster that typically start off way over their listed prices because the guys who "have to hav"e the newest coolest toy are willing to pay a premium to have it... Then a few years later, there's a new, newest, they dump the old one and the prices drop...and there is a ten or fifteen year valley where they are just an old car... Then they become a "classic" and the collectors come out and buy up the few remaining decent unfucked cars and the prices steadily go up, with plateaus and pullbacks dictated by the overall economy...

EVERY italian sport car was worth BIG money...you could sell contract for 348-Testarossa-F40 for big profict EVEN way before the delivery (1 year or more)

F40 were going for 3 times stickers, anniversary for double, all vintage ferrari, maserati, lamborghini were very very higly priced... the price for a countach is today the same it was 20 years ago and this not taking into account inflation of money

then the bubble collapsed and price went down big time

things are a bit different today...mondial, 308 GT4, merack are still worth close to nothing while best cars command big money, so at very least this is a good sign: the market is SELECTIVE

STILL when i see dino selling for over 500k$ US i feel its market is inflated

same for the RS 2700 going for similar money

lamborghinis looks also to be growing a bit too fast lately: when i see countach QV FI double their price in less than one year i am not so sure it could end well

this said...it is not a big deal for many here, but i started telling the market looks growing too fast months ago, i have still some doubts this is an healty market.

Just word of caution on these prices

The guys on the Smoking Tire were talking about this on their last podcast. Consider all the Porsches that are trading at ridiculous values. Then think of the muscle car craze. What about very old vintage cars (pre-50s)?

The price rise is great, but it does create a prisoner in your garage when it is under insured.

.... or high valued.

If there’s any truth in these numbers then Albert’s car should sell immediately. I wish him luck, kinda (selling will be bitter/sweet)... The problem with inflating prices is that the cars will no longer be driven, or they’ll be driven in fear. 10 years ago I’d see 288 GTOs & pantina’ed Dinos every other week at Cars & Coffee. 20 years ago you’d even see an occasional 300SL, definitely a rundown 190SL. Now nothing. In a way I don’t want the CT to go the way of the GTO’s, Dino’s or now the BB’s. I don’t plan to change my driving habits, and it certainly won’t materially change my net worth, but what it will do is make me a little more paranoid when going for a Sunday drive and having to pass a cement truck on the freeway.

I know Countach F/I are in the 300k range as fact...

Have any actually changed hands at this number? The highest asking price I have seen so far was the one in Florida for 250K. Curious if that one has sold

.... or high valued.

If there’s any truth in these numbers then Albert’s car should sell immediately. I wish him luck, kinda (selling will be bitter/sweet)... The problem with inflating prices is that the cars will no longer be driven, or they’ll be driven in fear. 10 years ago I’d see 288 GTOs & pantina’ed Dinos every other week at Cars & Coffee. 20 years ago you’d even see an occasional 300SL, definitely a rundown 190SL. Now nothing. In a way I don’t want the CT to go the way of the GTO’s, Dino’s or now the BB’s. I don’t plan to change my driving habits, and it certainly won’t materially change my net worth, but what it will do is make me a little more paranoid when going for a Sunday drive and having to pass a cement truck on the freeway.

I'm pretty sure Alberts car sold at asking and I believe he under asked.

.... or high valued.

makes you think twice about epic long distance drives

Have any actually changed hands at this number?

Yes... Multiple...

They're being advertised under the infamous "call for price."

Have any actually changed hands at this number? The highest asking price I have seen so far was the one in Florida for 250K. Curious if that one has sold

They have sold...