New Flagship for McLaren - P15

Blacksun

wow, mclaren continues to screw the owners

first, the 650s basically renders the 12c obsolete in terms of looks

second, this p15 will leverage the p1 platform but cost 1/2 as much. p1 owners paid a pretty penny for the R&D.

the future of resale value on mclarens is not looking good....

im looking forward to seeing what it looks like

:iamwithstupid: im sure the performance will be awesome if this model sits in the middle of the line up.

:iamwithstupid: im sure the performance will be awesome if this model sits in the middle of the line up.

Yeah. Im not really interested in the P1 for 1.2 million, so maybe this will be something I will consider in the future.

I hope this thing turns out badass.

:iamwithstupid: Another chance to a clean slate design if they don't get the design right there is really no hope for them from that POV.

second, this p15 will leverage the p1 platform but cost 1/2 as much. p1 owners paid a pretty penny for the R&D.

The P1 will be quicker.

To quote Fortis, P1 will get updates via itunes to keep it the big daddy for some time. :icon_thumleft:

I hear this new model will be a joint effort with.... Ha-hum (clears throat) Honda. 😎👍

The original source article speculates this. At the minute, anything that has a history of McLaren and Honda gets dredged up because the F1 team will be partnering up.

I think the original article takes some innocent enough quotes and does some special arithmetic of 1+1=6

There maybe truth, there maybe not.

Screwing their customers is job #1 at McLaren. They are fast running out of victims !! :icon_mrgreen:

If they come out with something badass at around $500k USD I think they can do pretty well (for people that want something a bit more special than a 12c, huracan, 458) but are not quite ready to step up a Veyron, Zonda, Egg, etc. There is not a whole lot of competition in that price range.

I think it's going to be a badass car regardless if Honda is involved or not. I personally can't wait to see what it looks like. I know some people bitch about the looks of the 12c and the upcoming 650s, but there is no way you dispute the performance the 12c puts out. As a matter a fact, I just got back home from riding in Vbugkings new spyder... And the power it produces is insane, especially in regards to the 458, the Gallardo, and I would even put it up against the Aventador (yes, that's right RB :icon_super: ) In fact, I need to talk him into us taking those two out and do a test run against each other. Lol In all seriousness, this new flagship is going to be one fast mother, and for half the price of the P1, It will stand out once again on performance. I do agree that they just can't get ahead of themselves with production and kill themselves like they have in the last couple of years so it ruins resale values.

I think it's going to be a badass car regardless if Honda is involved or not. I personally can't wait to see what it looks like. I know some people bitch about the looks of the 12c and the upcoming 650s, but there is no way you dispute the performance the 12c puts out. As a matter a fact, I just got back home from riding in Vbugkings new spyder... And the power it produces is insane, especially in regards to the 458, the Gallardo, and I would even put it up against the Aventador (yes, that's right RB :icon_super: ) In fact, I need to talk him into us taking those two out and do a test run against each other. Lol In all seriousness, this new flagship is going to be one fast mother, and for half the price of the P1, It will stand out once again on performance. I do agree that they just can't get ahead of themselves with production and kill themselves like they have in the last couple of years so it ruins resale values.

The 12c spider is the shit, glad you enjoyed it bro!

what is Honda's role in the P15? this is really disturbing. there is not a single thing i would want from honda in a supercar. let alone a $500-600k supercar.

i really like the 650s. however, i dont think i will buy one because of the aweful marketing.

what is Honda's role in the P15? this is really disturbing. there is not a single thing i would want from honda in a supercar. let alone a $500-600k supercar.

i really like the 650s. however, i dont think i will buy one because of the aweful marketing.

If anything it will probably just be their hybrid/battery technology

If anything it will probably just be their hybrid/battery technology

I hope Honda is involved. It will make the car better. I am a big fan of Honda. I think it will be great for them to partner up.

Honda and Acura haven't made a single sports car since s2000. Their hybrid is also not exactly best of breed. The next gen nsx is like lfa, takes forever and probly way over priced for all the r&d costs.

If mclaren is smart, it would continue w kers and potentially team up with tesla. But that's just crazy talk lol

McLaren are doing a lot of work with Ricardo. The powertrain is designed by them and the engine blocks built by them. The one thing that is desperately right with Macca is the power.

I actually strangely like the 650s. If they model the P15 somewhat around what the P1 looks like with some differences they will sell really well. Looking forward to seeing some pictures and stats when they finally release it :icon_thumleft:

I actually strangely like the 650s. If they model the P15 somewhat around what the P1 looks like with some differences they will sell really well. Looking forward to seeing some pictures and stats when they finally release it :icon_thumleft:

I think they would sell out for years and years if they'd make another car a center seated driving position!