My 2014 Roadster Thread

ToofDoc

So far, so good. I wipe down the leather with a leather cleanser and leather conditioner every time as soon as I park the car for the day. Also, I don't wear jeans or jean shorts or any dark colored pants/shorts. Mainly just linen or spring colored pants. I make my girl do the same on her skirts and dresses.

Andy - it looks great! Glad you are enjoying it, and I look forward to seeing it in person one of these days.

As far as white interior - sorry but it sounds like a HUGE pain in the ass! I would never want an interior that required so much maintenance and wardrobe restrictions.

Of course - to each their own. It's about what YOU want and as long as you're happy (and don't mind having to wipe it down and wear light colors) - that's all that matters.

I agree it's a stunning color combination but I would want something easier to live with. What if your girl ® wants to go commando in a short skirt on a hot day? :icon_butt: Are there restrictions on having to wear panties? :lol2: .....just sayin.....

(this is where cappy might chime in and accuse me of being "cheeky".....get it???? :badgrin:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy - it looks great! Glad you are enjoying it, and I look forward to seeing it in person one of these days.

As far as white interior - sorry but it sounds like a HUGE pain in the ass! I would never want an interior that required so much maintenance and wardrobe restrictions.

Of course - to each their own. It's about what YOU want and as long as you're happy (and don't mind having to wipe it down and wear light colors) - that's all that matters.

I agree it's a stunning color combination but I would want something easier to live with. What if your girl ® wants to go commando in a short skirt on a hot day? :icon_butt: Are there restrictions on having to wear panties? :lol2: .....just sayin.....

(this is where cappy might chime in and accuse me of being "cheeky".....get it???? :badgrin:

Haha....my girl can go panty-less anyday....which she often does! :eusa_dance: She's more "anal" than me about keeping the car clean.

I don't mind spending the time to keep this car new as much as I can....gives me the opportunity to spend QT with my car. Any time spent with my car is not time wasted (in drive or parked).

Hopefully I will see you soon at one of our events so you can check out the ride in person. :icon_thumleft:

+1000

My 560 has white interior. Had the car for 6 years. No wardrobe restrictions. I've been incredibly impressed with how hardy the leather actually is. It doesn't stain easily at all, and when you do get something on it, it's easy to get off with leather cleaner.

But I can understand still wanting to be sensitive about it just after you got it. Just saying that you needn't worry so much.

My 560 has white interior. Had the car for 6 years. No wardrobe restrictions. I've been incredibly impressed with how hardy the leather actually is. It doesn't stain easily at all, and when you do get something on it, it's easy to get off with leather cleaner.

But I can understand still wanting to be sensitive about it just after you got it. Just saying that you needn't worry so much.

Oh man we need some pics of this please!

When are you going to review the car or did I miss it?

I'm not much of a "reviewer", but I'll share my $0.02.

I love the car more than my LP560, it has more power, but drives very much like a Gallardo LP, love the engine sounds with the top down & back window down, gets about the similar amount of attention as the LP560, egear shift feels similar as LP560, shifting doesn't feel faster to me, love the scissor doors, has less storage room space than then LP cars, the white interior is holding up great! The removable top is cumbersome to remove off and on, but it's easy to do so within 5 minutes. I drive 90% top off, 10% top on in 4 weeks of ownership. In 4 weeks, I put on 450 miles (only drive on weekends). Uses similar amount of gas as LPs in the city/highways.

Biggest drawbacks:

Egear don't grab on gear that much faster than LPs or accurate. Sometime I have to shift 2-3 times from N to 1st gear?!

Tow hook hole is concealed like the LPs, but for the A, you must remove air vent cover to access two hook hole, in the process, the air vent cover and the car gets all scratched up while removing the cover, also the air vent cover tabs gets broken. My LP560 has a round cap to remove off of the air vent cover separately to access the tow hook hold.

What I love:

The engine sound!

Scissor doors!

It's an AVENTADOR! Design, my colors, just everything about looks!

When you have an Aventador, you'll still appreciate other cars but you'll LOVE your Aventador! The car is not perfect by any means, but it is by far the best car I owned million hands down and no other cars I would buy in that price range!

I'm surprised at your comment about the transmission. Doesn't sound right for a brand new car. Are you having it looked at? Where will you have it serviced?

I'm not much of a "reviewer", but I'll share my $0.02.

I love the car more than my LP560, it has more power, but drives very much like a Gallardo LP, love the engine sounds with the top down & back window down, gets about the similar amount of attention as the LP560, egear shift feels similar as LP560, shifting doesn't feel faster to me, love the scissor doors, has less storage room space than then LP cars, the white interior is holding up great! The removable top is cumbersome to remove off and on, but it's easy to do so within 5 minutes. I drive 90% top off, 10% top on in 4 weeks of ownership. In 4 weeks, I put on 450 miles (only drive on weekends). Uses similar amount of gas as LPs in the city/highways.

Biggest drawbacks:

Egear don't grab on gear that much faster than LPs or accurate. Sometime I have to shift 2-3 times from N to 1st gear?!

Tow hook hole is concealed like the LPs, but for the A, you must remove air vent cover to access two hook hole, in the process, the air vent cover and the car gets all scratched up while removing the cover, also the air vent cover tabs gets broken. My LP560 has a round cap to remove off of the air vent cover separately to access the tow hook hold.

What I love:

The engine sound!

Scissor doors!

It's an AVENTADOR! Design, my colors, just everything about looks!

When you have an Aventador, you'll still appreciate other cars but you'll LOVE your Aventador! The car is not perfect by any means, but it is by far the best car I owned million hands down and no other cars I would buy in that price range!

Toof! Thanks for the review. Check with your service dept as Lamborghini has a special tool for removing the plastic grill without damaging it. Still hard to believe that Lamborghini did not build in an access hole like they did on the Gallardo! Without the tool you can break the tabs as you said. Also Lambo should have provided every owner with this tool. They do not.

Toof! Thanks for the review. Check with your service dept as Lamborghini has a special tool for removing the plastic grill without damaging it. Still hard to believe that Lamborghini did not build in an access hole like they did on the Gallardo! Without the tool you can break the tabs as you said. Also Lambo should have provided every owner with this tool. They do not.

Thanks for the info! I can't believe what a pain in the ass that is to get to the tow hook hole remove the grill/air vent cover!

My tabs hadn't broken yet, but couple of them were bent last time we needed the tow hook hole! Luckily, I don't need to access the tow hook hole that often.

Glad you are enjoying the car Toofdoc. I am surprised to hear you talk about how much work the top is. If it takes you 5 minutes, you need a lot more practice. When I first got my car, I put the top on and off about 10 times in 2 days to get used to it. Takes me less than a minute to take the top off and store it in the trunk. Takes me about 30 seconds to remove it from the trunk and put it on. Also I have the LP550 and Aventador roadster, and the transmission in the Aventador is better in every way compared to the Gallardo. You should have yours checked out. I will say that I have found the Aventador transmission needs to be warmed up longer than the LPs on the first drive of the day.

Car's first wash! My son was all about it!!

:icon_thumleft: Tame that beast!

Congrats on the car! Enjoy it in good health!

Not exactly a glowing review, Seems you arent that impressed with it. For such an amazing looking machine, I would have thought you would be raving about it.

Not exactly a glowing review, Seems you arent that impressed with it. For such an amazing looking machine, I would have thought you would be raving about it.

Glad you are enjoying the car Toofdoc. I am surprised to hear you talk about how much work the top is. If it takes you 5 minutes, you need a lot more practice. When I first got my car, I put the top on and off about 10 times in 2 days to get used to it. Takes me less than a minute to take the top off and store it in the trunk. Takes me about 30 seconds to remove it from the trunk and put it on. Also I have the LP550 and Aventador roadster, and the transmission in the Aventador is better in every way compared to the Gallardo. You should have yours checked out. I will say that I have found the Aventador transmission needs to be warmed up longer than the LPs on the first drive of the day.

I'm surprised at your comment about the transmission. Doesn't sound right for a brand new car. Are you having it looked at? Where will you have it serviced?

It's always hard to interpret words and emotions on the internet. If I gave you guys the impression that I am disappointed in my car...please allow me to clarify. I love my new car, I love Lambos, this is a great car! Wouldn't trade it in for anything until my new one comes. I'm simply sharing my experiences and thoughts. All the rave reviews and how amazing the car is are already painted all over the forums and internet and all of us already know that.

I really don't need to go over what's already great with this car. All the issues that I've mentioned are not MAJOR issues....the removable top parts I like to take a little bit longer to put on and off to prevent scratching them or the car, I don't mind...it's not a race to see how fast I need to get them on or off. Also, I don't get to take them off and on that often (lack of repetition). One time in Minneapolis, however, I did get caught in the rain with the top off so I had to stop the car on the side of the highway and hurried to place the top back on...I did it pretty fast there!

The eGear issue...it's not even an issue to me...maybe I didn't press down on the brakes hard enough prior to shifting? I don't know...but simply made a comment that at times I had to shift 2-3 times prior to engaging 1st gear. Now, if the gear didn't shift or get into desired gear, I make sure that I'm at a complete stop with my foot down on the brake pedal completely and then upshift. Worked everytime!

As far as the LP560 and LP700 shifting comparison goes....listen, I'm a common folk here...I'm not a multi-hyper car owner where I experienced a ton of different shifting systems, I'm not a track trainer, I have never even been on a track, I don't drive my Lambos everyday or every weekend for that matter, and I used to always drive my LP560 in Corsa everytime and I haven't even been in Corsa mode yet in my LP700 (waiting to be around 500 miles on the OD)...so that may make a difference. Also, I driving senses may not be as sharp as some of you where you can fill everything about the car with your hands and ass. Again, I revert back to I'm a rookie LP700 owner here. If I drive the car more often, then I may learn more about this amazing car. From a rookie's perspective, both LP560 (in Corsa) and LP700 (in Sports) gear shifting felt the same. The whole car just feels very similar to my old LP560....any of you agree out there?

At any rate, LOVE the car...wouldn't trade it for anything (at this time)!

No services needed, just needs more DRIVING I reckon. :icon_thumleft:

ToofDoc it sounds like you are really enjoying the car which is great, I think the changing gear issues is down to you not pressing the brake hard enough, it happened to me few times, perhaps the selector hesitates if it senses that not enough brake pressure was applied.

I think you need that beast in Corsa and for you to burry your right foot into the accelerator pedal before you compare it with your LP560, also why would you need to remove the tow hook cover? Loading on a transporter?

I know it's your car and we all treat our toys differently, allow yourself to enjoy it at its fullest, remember it's just a car and there are more where this one comes from, stop babying it it's not a Ferrari :icon_mrgreen:

Just curious where you'll have it serviced when the time comes.

I plan to have it trucked back to STL Motorcars.

For my LP560, I made the mistake of bring the LP to a non-Lambo dealer shop in Columbus, even though the shop was well equipped and well known amongst Lambo owners for servicing Lambos, they couldn't provide me a service record at the end. I needed a service record documentation when my car was placed on consignment to sell. I did an egear snap, the shop couldn't provide a snap report, The oil and filter were both changed but no records can be provided including what type of oil was used or how much? The shop told me to use the sales receipt or work order as proof of service completed.

I like an authorized Lambo dealer to do the service, not because they are cheap or the best, but simply they will have all services completed on record in a Lambo dealership computer. Less hassle when it come to selling.

The Lambo dealership around me are:

MAG - 4 hours away

DC - 4 hours away

Michigan - 5 hours away

Gold Coast - 7 hours away

STL Motorcars - 9 hours away

Like my car to be serviced where I bought it. No more well known independent shops.

• 2 weeks later...

Photo by Four One Two Photography (David Reid) in Pittsburgh from this past Holiday weekend!

More awesome shots to come....

As always, you can follow me on Instagram to see more of my "bull"shit weekly.

Toofdoc, do you have a pic of the rear under natural light? Would like to see your darkened exhaust piece under natural ambient light.

Toofdoc, do you have a pic of the rear under natural light? Would like to see your darkened exhaust piece under natural ambient light.

Nothing really clear but here are few iPhone pics! I love the exhaust tip cover powder coated black instead of stock chrome.