LP640 or Ferrari F12?

Tupps11

:iamwithstupid: Tupps, if you re-read your own 2 posts of this thread and then draw a candid conclusion from the points made, it seems like you had already answered your own question.

Ya, ur right... I just needed reassurance from my fellow Lambopower comrades.

I went and saw the 640 yesterday. Its a piece of art! Its looks like its going 5,000 mph just standing still. I made an offer, but he didn't really like the number i proposed ($20k below his asking price). I might have pissed him off actually cause he raised his asking price by $50k. Lowballing backfired on me :eusa_wall:

Not gonna give up though. Gonna let him cool off for a day or two and try again. Come back with a reasonable cash offer and hopefully convince him he's better off with the cash. He's gonna need it...he ordered an Aventador Roadster...lucky dog!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you make a good point. I found the F12 puts it down extremely well, mainly thanks to the very impressive electronics. I drove it on damp roads, and with it is the 'medium' mode (I never remember all those settings names on the steering wheel setting machettino,), i.e.: with the electronics half working; and it was extremely easy to drive, way too easy. I was glad to get back in my 800hp zr1 afterwards, much more an event and more drama.

You can always turn the aids completely off, right?

Thanks for the inputs guys. Ill be a little more specific. I had my Nera, LP560-4, and a Scuderia...all of which i literally drove once or twice a week max. If once, it was Sunday morning with the boys (Lambo/Ferrari cruise). The second outing would have been taking my girlfriend out Saturday night to dinner or dancing, etc. I paid full price (meaning with Lebanese customs which is roughly 60% of the cars value) for all three cars. After years of owning supercars i realized im paying so much money for a car i use 4 times a month and end up losing half its value in depreciation. Its not about the money as much as its simply a waste of it.

New outlook...ill just buy a used supercar as its already depreciated. Granted, every supercar i ever owned was a special order, but im willing to make a compromise on some options to get a car im not gonna lose so much money on. Aventador is $650k here new. Unfortunately, cant find any used ones yet at a decent price, so that option is out. Huracan is $450k new and wont be here till December at least, so thats also out.

The F12 is selling for around $100k less used ($450k) with only 2500 kilometers on the dial which is practically brand new. But will depreciate further. The LP640 is a 2008. It has less than 4000 kilometers on the dial. Is FULLY loaded, and is going for $200k before negotiation TAXES INCLUDED!!! The freakin car used to cost $550 here when new, and if you look at it now, its still practically new.

The drivability is definitely nothing like the F12, but the question im asking myself is...should i care about drivability on a car ill use 3-4 times a month? Parked next to a 458 or an F12, they are invisible. The Lambo gets the looks every time. The sound cant be compared as the Lambo takes that one home too. In the end, a weekend car should be special and insane right? It should be an event just taking it out. Just kinda scared a 2008 will start costing me an arm and a leg in maintenance, no matter how god its condition is. Are the LP640's reliable?

Thanks again for all the advice. Gonna try and pass by my buddy today to take some pics to share with you guys. Would love to hear more of your thoughts...

Tarek,

I am in the same boat as you... Buy a Mac!!

Also, I'll be attending a wedding and will be staying in Beirut for a few days in September :icon_thumleft:

Tarek,

I am in the same boat as you... Buy a Mac!!

Also, I'll be attending a wedding and will be staying in Beirut for a few days in September :icon_thumleft:

Haha! Amazing bro...make sure you PM me before you reach our borders ;)

Mac as in Mclaren or Murcielago? I must admit the Mclaren 650s has been on my mind recently...0-200 on 8.4 seconds! :shock:

Haha! Amazing bro...make sure you PM me before you reach our borders ;)

Mac as in Mclaren or Murcielago? I must admit the Mclaren 650s has been on my mind recently...0-200 on 8.4 seconds! :shock:

Of course I will brother! Looking forward to it :turboalex:

McLaren, I think it's the best car for the noney (except the Aventadors crazy looks/massive V12) out there! Go for a 12C Spider!

Good luck :icon_thumleft:

You can always turn the aids completely off, right?

First time in that car; not my car; damp Swiss country roads .... I'm brave, not stupid; so no thanks.

But I assume you mean to make it more of a challenge to drive. Doubt it would make much change, unless you are someone who just drives a car by smashing the throttle to the floor and let the electronics do their thing. Then yes there will be a big difference in experiencing the car with or without the aids. Also, remember I was used to driving a 800hp/1150nm zr1 ... so something with just over half that torque is not gonna scare me; especially when it has a suspension as stunning as the F12's!

There will always be a quicker more technically advanced car out there but to me its all about the love and I love Lambos, always did since a kid and always will.

LP640 pls.

I'm getting moist for a Bug..... A few kicking around Eurpoe and Middle East that have been sat for a while..... 60% of new (list) price.... What could go wrong....... ? Surely they can't dip much more.. They only ever made 300 regular cars (SuperSports & specials excluded).. Are they now value ?!... Once in a lifetime, they sure won't be making anymore, just like we can't go on Concorde now......

I'm getting moist for a Bug..... A few kicking around Eurpoe and Middle East that have been sat for a while..... 60% of new (list) price.... What could go wrong....... ? Surely they can't dip much more.. They only ever made 300 regular cars (SuperSports & specials excluded).. Are they now value ?!... Once in a lifetime, they sure won't be making anymore, just like we can't go on Concorde now......

I'm sure a PM to Baky and VBug will help out!

Do it, I would in a heartbeat if they were available here!

Bugattis are awesome, on another level compared to other cars. They made 300 coupes including the Supersports coupes, and now they are making 150 roadsters (Grandsport and Vitesse).

• 2 weeks later...

So the deal on the 640 didn't go through. After going back and forth, he decided he would rather keep the car than sell it. What a waste of time... :rolleyes:

Now, I'm back to square one. Dunno what to get anymore. Configured a 650s spyder couple days ago. Came out to $315k including all options. Thats brand new F12 money. The Mac may be the better drivers car, but the F12 has a much stronger presence...and is by no means a slow car.

Bugatti's are out of this world, but so is their price tag. Even configured an Aventador yesterday...came out to $443k!!!

Time to rethink what i want and what I'm willing to pay for it...

So the deal on the 640 didn't go through. After going back and forth, he decided he would rather keep the car than sell it. What a waste of time... :rolleyes:

Now, I'm back to square one. Dunno what to get anymore. Configured a 650s spyder couple days ago. Came out to $315k including all options. Thats brand new F12 money. The Mac may be the better drivers car, but the F12 has a much stronger presence...and is by no means a slow car.

Bugatti's are out of this world, but so is their price tag. Even configured an Aventador yesterday...came out to $443k!!!

Time to rethink what i want and what I'm willing to pay for it...

A used M c L A R E N MP4-12C spider is the ONLY way you should go brother!

• 4 weeks later...

So after all the research and negotiations with the dealers for the Aventador, F12, and 650S...

I came up with the following numbers and delivery dates...

Aventador $407k with Delivery first quarter 2015.

F12 $350k with Sept 2014 Delivery

650S $315k with September Delivery

Keep in mind all three are special orders with exact colour combinations and options i chose to my taste.

I know i started out in this thread trying to find the best bargain for a "weekend car". In the end, i weighed all the options and decided to pull the trigger on the F12. Placed the order few days ago. fcuk it, life is short. Make money to spend it. Not married yet and no kids. Might as well enjoy before the real expenses start piling up with a wife/kids.

I would have went for the Aventador, but I'm not waiting 9 months. Couldn't find the exact second hand Aventador out there that suited my taste (colour/options). Didn't wanna compromise if I'm paying $350k+ for a car. I want it exactly the way i want it.

Cant wait till September!

So after all the research and negotiations with the dealers for the Aventador, F12, and 650S...

I came up with the following numbers and delivery dates...

Aventador $407k with Delivery first quarter 2015.

F12 $350k with Sept 2014 Delivery

650S $315k with September Delivery

Keep in mind all three are special orders with exact colour combinations and options i chose to my taste.

I know i started out in this thread trying to find the best bargain for a "weekend car". In the end, i weighed all the options and decided to pull the trigger on the F12. Placed the order few days ago. fcuk it, life is short. Make money to spend it. Not married yet and no kids. Might as well enjoy before the real expenses start piling up with a wife/kids.

I would have went for the Aventador, but I'm not waiting 9 months. Couldn't find the exact second hand Aventador out there that suited my taste (colour/options). Didn't wanna compromise if I'm paying $350k+ for a car. I want it exactly the way i want it.

Cant wait till September!

Congratz brother!

I like the way you are thinking, life-wise! I'm in the same boat and I also say, we truly only live once so fuckit, lets enjoy it :turboalex:

Thanks guys! I got it in Rosso Corsa Red with Black interior, gunmetal 20" rims, red callipers, some carbon interior bits, red seat belts and stitching, etc...

Really looking forward to getting it. Factory delivery for sure. Wanna blast around Europe a bit before shipping it back home.