Top Posters In This Topic

NO SEX

CAUSES

BAD EYES.

Took a sec to see that.. lol

That must be why my eyes suck.

Don't say we don't like you Wheels....

post-24965-1427025335_thumb.png

Ahhh, okay. I was trying to shape out the shades of black and white on the blocks themselves.

Today I scheduled my LASIK. Im excited and nervous at the same time.

when is the due date? the quicker the better. Its really nothing. Those valuim pills made me chill.

If I can get through it, anybody can.

when is the due date? the quicker the better. Its really nothing. Those valuim pills made me chill.

April 10th.

• 3 weeks later...
April 10th.

I hated it when they were doing it. And when they were firing the laser. That smell sucks.

But it's done and I can see without my glasses.

I hated it when they were doing it. And when they were firing the laser. That smell sucks.

But it's done and I can see without my glasses.

Congrats bud!!!

Keep us posted.

Congrats bud!!!

Keep us posted.

Did my one day followup. I'm already at 20/20. So no glasses, I'm happy with the results.

Did my one day followup. I'm already at 20/20. So no glasses, I'm happy with the results.

Awesome ! best feeling not worrying about contacts or glasses. freedom!

I'm at 4 weeks. It only gets better.

Awesome ! best feeling not worrying about contacts or glasses. freedom!

Yup, it's great. I was hesitant to give up my glasses right after it was done. But at my 24 hour after appointment I knew they were worthless to me. So I put them in the bucket. They donate money I guess for every pair given. Here I am giving them up.

post-7086-1428791156_thumb.jpg

are those reading glasses?

No. Those are "I used to not see without glasses".

So I'm a little late to the thread, but last Friday, I had ICL surgery. This surgery took two hours and it is completed by a doctor who makes an incision in each eye and places a corrective lense into the eye. I was scared going into it, but I did not have enough tissue on the exterior of my eye for Lasik or PRK. I had half inch thick glasses (when I wasn't wearing contacts), and had to wear them for a year in preparation. I was told that I would never have vision correctable to 20/20 or better because my eyes were so bad and I'm proud to say that the day after surgery I was tested to have 20/20! I had a horrible astigmatism that corrected itself during surgery, helping me out even more. This has truly changed my life. I am still recovering, (sensitivity to light, yada yada), but I feel more confident and less clumsy. My glasses often made people stare at me because they were ridiculous looking, and I often bumped into things or couldn't do certain things as well because my glasses cutoff my peripheral vision and also made everything I saw look smaller than actual size. I just wanted to say that if anyone is ineligible for Lasik or PRK, and they can shell out the 8k or so for ICL, it is definitely worth it! I included a video on thre procedure for any of you who are interested/any of our fellow medical folks.

Ian

So I'm a little late to the thread, but last Friday, I had ICL surgery. This surgery took two hours and it is completed by a doctor who makes an incision in each eye and places a corrective lense into the eye. I was scared going into it, but I did not have enough tissue on the exterior of my eye for Lasik or PRK. I had half inch thick glasses (when I wasn't wearing contacts), and had to wear them for a year in preparation. I was told that I would never have vision correctable to 20/20 or better because my eyes were so bad and I'm proud to say that the day after surgery I was tested to have 20/20! I had a horrible astigmatism that corrected itself during surgery, helping me out even more. This has truly changed my life. I am still recovering, (sensitivity to light, yada yada), but I feel more confident and less clumsy. My glasses often made people stare at me because they were ridiculous looking, and I often bumped into things or couldn't do certain things as well because my glasses cutoff my peripheral vision and also made everything I saw look smaller than actual size. I just wanted to say that if anyone is ineligible for Lasik or PRK, and they can shell out the 8k or so for ICL, it is definitely worth it! I included a video on thre procedure for any of you who are interested/any of our fellow medical folks.

Ian

Congrats buddy! Sounds like a truly life changing experience for you. As for half in thick glasses...well Bubbles is my favorite character from Trailer Park Boys so with or without glasses you would have been ok in my book!

Congrats buddy! Sounds like a truly life changing experience for you. As for half in thick glasses...well Bubbles is my favorite character from Trailer Park Boys so with or without glasses you would have been ok in my book!

:iamwithstupid:

so true, it must be life altering!

The other day while I was parking my Huracan the parking attendant approached me and said "What a beautiful color, I am so glad I can finally see it?" I actually thought he heard about the car and he was happy to see it in real life but he went on telling me that he was born color blind and until two years ago (he looked like a gentlemen in his late 50's) he didn't even know how red looked like, he was just seeing black but few years ago he was able to get a pair of glasses with special lenses which enabled him to see colors, he told me he loves red in particular and now he understand whit all Fire Trucks are painted red LOL.

I asked him for his glasses to put them on because I was curious to see what he was seeing, the only thing I was seeing was pink, I gave him my sunglasses he said, nope, black and white and he laughed.

I was thinking how terrible it must be for the poor guy and how amazing it is that science advanced so much that a few pieces of glass were able to change his life forever.

Ian

Shit dude... I always assumed my vision was too poor for LASIK, but they said I was actually pretty average... You're the guy who breaks the curve...

Shit dude... I always assumed my vision was too poor for LASIK, but they said I was actually pretty average... You're the guy who breaks the curve...

Hahaha. Thanks! :icon_mrgreen: Speaking to a few surgeons, I was made aware that quite a few doctors in the US actually give LASIK to people that shouldn't have it done due to lack of tissue or other issues, increasing their risks for vision issues down the road.

So I was at the water cooler today and one of my favorite sales guys was there. He noticed I was without glasses and asked if I was wearing contacts today. It felt so good to say "no I had LASIK last week". He wants to get lasik now, him being a successful sales guy I know he can afford it.

• 1 month later...

Hey Romandad! How is your LASIK treating you? Im about 1.5 months in for mine. Its great! Night driving sucks though, I have terrible star burst, but sometimes its not to bad. Only other negative I can think of is when Im laying in bed and cant sleep, I can always see the clock.