Lasik

HannibalACP82

I'm looking into lasik as well. Groupon $1400 for both eyes seems fair?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Romandad! How is your LASIK treating you? Im about 1.5 months in for mine. Its great! Night driving sucks though, I have terrible star burst, but sometimes its not to bad. Only other negative I can think of is when Im laying in bed and cant sleep, I can always see the clock.

I have the same issue. Everything gets a little bit blurry for a while and is just fine when I go inside! :/ when it's really bad while driving, I'll stare directly at a street light or something for a few seconds, and it provides a temporary fix.

Sounds about right, compared to what I've seen in the area. Just make sure it's a reputable surgeon.

Hey Romandad! How is your LASIK treating you? Im about 1.5 months in for mine. Its great! Night driving sucks though, I have terrible star burst, but sometimes its not to bad. Only other negative I can think of is when Im laying in bed and cant sleep, I can always see the clock.

I'm at what? Two months or more?

I don't have any horrible star bursting or trouble with night vision. But I never really did. Maybe the first day or so...

My biggest problem has been having the surgery coincide with allergy season, which has sucked this year. My eyes itch and get red and on bad days my vision sucks because of it.... Otherwise great.

My near vision has improved. Very rarely need reading glasses anymore, even with iPhone etc....

I paid 2500 for mine. A buddy got a special at the same place and paid 1200.

I'm at what? Two months or more?

I don't have any horrible star bursting or trouble with night vision. But I never really did. Maybe the first day or so...

My biggest problem has been having the surgery coincide with allergy season, which has sucked this year. My eyes itch and get red and on bad days my vision sucks because of it.... Otherwise great.

My near vision has improved. Very rarely need reading glasses anymore, even with iPhone etc....

That sounds good!

Just one thing... Dont get anything in your eyes... Something as simple as dust outside is enough to make my eyes go blood red and hurt for hours....

• 2 months later...

So.. I'm well over four months... Zero noticeable negatives... No halos... No dry eyes... I've taken the rewriting drops maybe twice in the last moth, mostly after swimming in the pool. Eyesight perfect.

If you're on the fence, find the best dr in your area, and do it.

Hey Romandad!

If you don't mind me asking, what age are you? I'm 42 and my eye doc has advised not to do it at my age. But it does sound tempting when you describe it. Oh, and I understand if you don't want to reveal your age.

Hey Romandad!

If you don't mind me asking, what age are you? I'm 42 and my eye doc has advised not to do it at my age. But it does sound tempting when you describe it. Oh, and I understand if you don't want to reveal your age.

Im 44.

I will need reading glasses at some point... And do now for really stupid fine print, but they are way less of a pain in the ass than "Im fcuking blind without glasses" glasses.

Im at over 4 months for mine too. Got mine April 10th. No issues from me either. My review is pretty much the same as Romandad's. There was some side effects there for awhile though, as I said earlier in this thread. But I would say I am back to normal now.

Defiantly go get it if you are thinking about it. 2 minutes of discomfort is worth 5-30 years of perfect vision(depending on your age). Not having to buy $400 prescription sun glasses and having to wait a week for them if you break them is nice too.

Im at over 4 months for mine too. Got mine April 10th. No issues from me either. My review is pretty much the same as Romandad's. There was some side effects there for awhile though, as I said earlier in this thread. But I would say I am back to normal now.

Defiantly go get it if you are thinking about it. 2 minutes of discomfort is worth 5-30 years of perfect vision(depending on your age). Not having to buy $400 prescription sun glasses and having to wait a week for them if you break them is nice too.

I wear a different pair of sunglasses every day of the week...

• 1 month later...

Six months ago today.

Seriously. If you wear glasses. Fly to Louisville. Go to john Kenyan. Ask for dr assim. Get it done. Tonight.

Six months ago today.

Seriously. If you wear glasses. Fly to Louisville. Go to john Kenyan. Ask for dr assim. Get it done. Tonight.

Disregard romandad. Actually fly to Minneapolis, MN and go to Whiting Clinic.

FWIW on the age thing, I'm 42 and had Lasik done almost exactly 4 years ago. Everything is still great, no halos etc. My kids punch me in the eye and stab me with dinosaurs and I'm relatively fine.

The only issue I've experienced is that on some occasions when I feel my eyes get dry one of them feels like its slightly of out of focus and I need to close me eye and gently rub my eyelid (almost like when I used to wear contacts and would rub the eyelid to move the lens back centered or get it to un-stick) for it to clear.

FWIW on the age thing, I'm 42 and had Lasik done almost exactly 4 years ago. Everything is still great, no halos etc. My kids punch me in the eye and stab me with dinosaurs and I'm relatively fine.

The only issue I've experienced is that on some occasions when I feel my eyes get dry one of them feels like its slightly of out of focus and I need to close me eye and gently rub my eyelid (almost like when I used to wear contacts and would rub the eyelid to move the lens back centered or get it to un-stick) for it to clear.

I personally can't stand using them but you should use eye drops from time to time if you aren't already using them.

• 1 year later...
I need to find someone here in Abu Dhabi. I want to do this ASAP!

Finally had an appointment and scheduled surgery. December 24th I am getting LASIK!

Finally had an appointment and scheduled surgery. December 24th I am getting LASIK!

Yeah... You wont regret it...

Its been the best money I've ever spent on myself. Except maybe my education to get me to the point to be able to afford it.

Six months ago today.

I told you! (like 2 years ago). Biggest regret I had was not doing it sooner! Glad to hear it went well! :eusa_dance:

wish they had a solid fix for presbyopia!

+1. I'm nearsighted and even though I have experienced some presbyopia over the last 10 or so years can still read just fine without glasses, and the only reason I've never had LASIK is because correcting my myopia will force me to use reading glasses for anything up close. And I spend more time reading or looking at things up close (computer, Kindle, actual paper documents, etc.) than I do doing other things where it would be nice not to wear glasses. Tough call.