Underground Racing X version and 2R making record passes at TI. **VIDEO**

I agree with you that the "KING OF THE STREETS" is a race between 2 cars and clearly the faster car is the victor even if it comes down to a photo finish with the proper camera setup at the finish line.

What he is saying is claiming a "Speed Record of 213 MPH" is a bit counterintuitive ESPECIALLY for how you mentioned the random speeds and starting lines.

Not taking anything away from anybody, just trying to keep realistic perspective.

The green car and Orange car both took off right after the first cone.. If i had to guess they took off 100ft early , not sure what that would translate off the 213mph... maybe 5 mph?

the 224mph at shift sector was prob more 219 also . Vbox showed the timing was off by 5mph.

here is a screen shot right when the green car is 100% WOT , look how close he is to the starting line.

post-51915-1398535095_thumb.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty funny, but ...

A starling line + a starting speed = a world wide standard ;)

Wouldn't it be nice if we can go to the drag strip and start 200ft later or get a running start and set a new world record every time...

When you hear Amar explain the starting procedure (I asked him on another forum) then the random starting points make perfect sense actually.

Guest 300MPH
When you hear Amar explain the starting procedure (I asked him on another forum) then the random starting points make perfect sense actually.

I am sure it makes sense for how the races are run and for each particular race that is run between 2 cars BUT you guys all seem to be missing the point that it is impossible to claim a "Record MPH" when some races have:

1. variable starting speeds

2. variable distances covered

This would be the same as if some people got either a rolling start at the 1/4 mile or got a rolling start 200' before the start line at the 1/4 mile. Comparing the MPH for a rolling start with a longer distance than 1/4 mile to a MPH from exactly 1/4 mile from a standing start is apples to oranges. Claiming a MPH record under the current format (aside from which car won that particular race) is comparing apples to oranges from one race to another.

I am sure it makes sense for how the races are run and for each particular race that is run between 2 cars BUT you guys all seem to be missing the point that it is impossible to claim a "Record MPH" when some races have:

1. variable starting speeds

2. variable distances covered

This would be the same as if some people got either a rolling start at the 1/4 mile or got a rolling start 200' before the start line at the 1/4 mile. Comparing the MPH for a rolling start with a longer distance than 1/4 mile to a MPH from exactly 1/4 mile from a standing start is apples to oranges. Claiming a MPH record under the current format (aside from which car won that particular race) is comparing apples to oranges from one race to another.

I see what you mean. Most of the record passes happen during speed indexing anyways from what I understand. But remember they are only claiming record MPH's for the TI event not anything else so they can have them as they see fit I suppose.

All i need is Kevin to say yes or no If he had any Lambos with spray at this past Ti..Really not hard to answer a simple question.

He never denied having n20.

For the love of god, Sam...WHO CARES!!

UGR shattered the record and won yet again....this is all you need to know. Oh, and that I took your lunch money. :icon_mrgreen:

Already looking forward to TI in the fall. :icon_thumleft:

For the love of god, Sam...WHO CARES!!

UGR shattered the record and won yet again....this is all you need to know. Oh, and that I took your lunch money. :icon_mrgreen:

Already looking forward to TI in the fall. :icon_thumleft:

It was buried for me.. someone asked me a question.

All i need is Kevin to say yes or no If he had any Lambos with spray at this past Ti..Really not hard to answer a simple question.

He never denied having n20.

There's actually something to this. Through all of this discussion and Kevin's responses, he hasn't denied it. Which will probably be interpreted as confirming it in the minds of the UGR naysayers.

Not that it matters either way. UGR is undeniably king right now, and I'm a huge supporter. May be nice to have a little more transparency, but UGR doesn't owe that to anyone.

Again why does it matter if somebody sprayed or not? It's racing with no power adder rules. They won and win repeatedly.

Always haters when you are on top. Nothing but excuses and reasons why they didn't win or reasons why UGR won and it was bogus.

I´m actually really excited about the release of this X package. Wonder what kind of monstrous turbos they put in it and how streetable it is. One day I might order one for the Huracan SL :icon_super: .

Always haters when you are on top. Nothing but excuses and reasons why they didn't win or reasons why UGR won and it was bogus.

Agreed. Nobody complained about lmr spraying on top of a twin turbo 427ci power glide car on slicks a couple years back. That's why this baffles me.

Nicely done UGR! A bit off topic, but what is the reason for dynoing your cars in RWD as opposed to AWD? Does it just make for a more accurate readout?

Agreed. Nobody complained about lmr spraying on top of a twin turbo 427ci power glide car on slicks a couple years back. That's why this baffles me.

No one is hating Dustin. Again ( for 100th time) I never said it was cheating or not allowed , Heck I love n20.

I just asked if it was true some of the cars ran n20. Everyone is dodging the question with who cares, its not cheating , POS ran it , other GTRs run it. I am fine with all that.

You guys keep bumping this thread.

No one is hating Dustin. Again ( for 100th time) I never said it was cheating or not allowed , Heck I love n20.

I just asked if it was true some of the cars ran n20. Everyone is dodging the question with who cares, its not cheating , POS ran it , other GTRs run it. I am fine with all that.

You guys keep bumping this thread.

Who is Dustin?

Who is Dustin?

You know, "He was dustin the competition". Slang for dusting or defeating your opponent. Duhawks uses the term a lot for some reason.

Who is Dustin?

He's the guy that has the GTR community lining up to get UGR TTGs...lol

Dustin = Duhawks

He's the guy that has the GTR community lining up to get UGR TTGs...lol

Dustin = Duhawks

Another post at the same time? What the hell is going on around here. :lol2:

Who is Dustin?

Some say he was last seen going 190 mph jumping a hill on the interstate in Houston, Texas.......

Some say he was last seen going 190 mph jumping a hill on the interstate in Houston, Texas.......

Some say he sends his wife away for the weekend so he can get time alone with his car. Some say he and Fadi have matching baby monitors in each other's bedrooms so they are never apart. All we know is...HE'S CALLED THE DUHAWKS

I heard he brake boosted so hard that his SL stripe just flew off the damn car.

I heard VP Fuels just posted their best ever quartley earnings.