Am I thinking right? New car thread

TRANSAMERA

Ok, my dealer is down in Ingolstadt as I type this, he just texted me these pics, I have about 12 hours to decide before he returns..

-13 Spyder S-Tronic (notice the new paddleshifters) The car is fully loaded with CCBs, alcantara and carbon interior along with illuminated doorsills etc etc. It has very low miles and a 5 year warranty package added.

Car is Suzukagrey, is that really nicer than the regular IbisWhite I have?!

Same Money as the Performante, but it has more miles and the stoneage-gearbox..

fcuk it! I'm so fed up with cars, I'll let this forum decide..... I will drink on it tonight as well of course!

post-9294-1400081582_thumb.jpg

post-9294-1400081588_thumb.jpg

post-9294-1400081597_thumb.jpg

post-9294-1400081606_thumb.jpg

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect, the Performante is a very nice looking car, but the e-gear totally kills it for me..

After dailydriving dualclutch cars and trying the Mclaren, there is no simply no going back from the new tech.

R8 with the DCT is nice, but still looks old, is old, heavy and not that fast.... you'll probably lose the most on it as well as the new design is out soon...

Sooo, I finally got the call from the McLaren dealer, we are still 10K away from eachother. He budged another 5 but that was it. I'm still thinking it's lots of $ for a outdated model and it not being "the new thing" with a lame frontend.

So I honestly think it would be more wise to pass on it and set my eyes on the 650S.

He also invited me to exclusively test the 650S on a racetrack next week :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super:

I can't frikkin wait to try it out next Thursday! I think this will be my next I-really-really-want-this-car-car :icon_mrgreen:

Sooo, I finally got the call from the McLaren dealer, we are still 10K away from eachother. He budged another 5 but that was it. I'm still thinking it's lots of $ for a outdated model and it not being "the new thing" with a lame frontend.

So I honestly think it would be more wise to pass on it and set my eyes on the 650S.

He also invited me to exclusively test the 650S on a racetrack next week :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super:

I can't frikkin wait to try it out next Thursday! I think this will be my next I-really-really-want-this-car-car :icon_mrgreen:

Be sure to drive to that track test in yet another r8.

Before you post about buying your next summer car, just buy an R8.

Im with Rob on this one

di-lamborghini-gallardo-lp-570-4-spyder-performante-009.jpg

Hi Jirre. I confess I haven't read this thread in detail, but I did find a couple of references to members saying you should wait out this summer and purchase an Aventador next. I'm in a similar position to you (i.e., 6 months of summer driving), and am contemplating a similar decision (i.e., buy a Murcielago/Superleggera/Performante now, or just wait for an Aventador). If you really are in a position where you can wait a summer and then purchase an Aventador, I would highly recommend that. I think the Aventador is the best looking car I have ever seen...and I would buy one in a heartbeat, even if it meant waiting a summer. I think I'm about two summer's away from being comfortable with Aventador depreciation, but I can't think of anything else I'd rather own. Patience is your friend. Just my 2 cents...

the seats are a killer for a DD though, or anything over 30 minutes at a time....

And im with allt he others in the performante camp.....

991tt is a PHENOMENAL car. I've had a few in recently that I had the chance to drive. They do everything SO well and are very, very fast. I was driving a new 458 yesterday and I think if I were in the position for an "in between" car, a 991 turbo cab would be the one I'd go with. Plus, if you wanted to you could throw blizzaks on and drive in the snow!

I personally like the Lp570 performante over the R8. R8 was a great daily driver. But lacked so much in power. If you aren't concerned with power, and more for comfort and daily, R8 spyder with DCT would be a good car. You seem to really love those anyway. The 650s would be an awesome pick up though. I am hoping that you get that and at the least, tell us what you think of it on the track.

With all due respect, the Performante is a very nice looking car, but the e-gear totally kills it for me..

After dailydriving dualclutch cars and trying the Mclaren, there is no simply no going back from the new tech.

👯👯👯 👸 Jirra 👸 👯👯👯

👯👯👯 👸 Jirra 👸 👯👯👯

Been meaning to ask for awhile now...how the heck do we see what RB posts with those squares?

Been meaning to ask for awhile now...how the heck do we see what RB posts with those squares?

May be your browser. They were imoji and came out for me browsing with safari.