Is this how easy it really is?

apx632

Awesome vids of my boys Reza and Stacy rowing those gears in their monsters. Proud of you boys!

Can't wait to join the manual club soon, that shit looks like so much more fun than hitting a plastic paddle with a finger, lol.

Seriously for you Underground guys? It looks like a Sunday drive it really does.

Lol did you honestly see that from that vid? The situation is a lot more scarier for us drivers than you think...

Along with the fact that there is so much power being made and lateral g's pushed on your whole body, with only tunnel vision and 220 BPM at the time to work with, few guys have went from 2nd to 1st when launching the car while rolling out of 2nd gear. Those guys are very experienced and yet that can happen to even them because you are driving a 2000hp monster.

My life has flashed before my eyes a few times in a split second and I am driving my 2R with the top down and e-gear...

Stacy and Reza are driving really hard and really well in this vid...

No I don't think it's easy at all. I won't claim to even have a clue of how much you guys do behind the wheel. But I certainly appreciate the skill level shown by Reza and Stacy to make it look easy. That is all I was trying to convey.

apx, it's very funny you mentioned this, because it sure does look easy in the video. Maybe Reza is that good, but let me tell you, it's not so peaches and cream. When you are accelerating at this rate of speed, it's rather scary. Not scary as in 'oh shit i am losing control', because UGR has these cars dialed in very well with BBG and they travel straight for the most part even if they spin, but more because you are accelerating soo damn fast that everything happens VERY quickly, and your response time is minimized by a ton. Not to mention the G forces on your body makes your stomach feel like it's about to get sucked up to your throat (or down your asshole, one of the two)

Point I am trying to make is…..it's amazing! :icon_mrgreen:

No I don't think it's easy at all. I won't claim to even have a clue of how much you guys do behind the wheel. But I certainly appreciate the skill level shown by Reza and Stacy to make it look easy. That is all I was trying to convey.

Not saying you dont brother. I just mean when your in the midst of it all, something that looks simple can be sooo opposite, lol.

A camera can only convey a third of the experience.

Not saying you dont brother. I just mean when your in the midst of it all, something that looks simple can be sooo opposite, lol.

A camera can only convey a third of the experience.

Well said. You guys are definitely lucky to enjoy it. Hope to work my way to it some day.

Everything happens so fast it isn't scary until after you get out of the car and realize what you have done lol.

Never gets old taking someone for a ride. Even someone that has a 1200 hp car will be terrified and filled with cuss words.

The manual looks so much fun!! I'm jealous.

I wonder what it would be like to drive a level 6 covert tuning car!?

Everything happens so fast it isn't scary until after you get out of the car and realize what you have done lol.

Never gets old taking someone for a ride. Even someone that has a 1200 hp car will be terrified and filled with cuss words.

The manual looks so much fun!! I'm jealous.

I wonder what it would be like to drive a level 6 covert tuning car!?

I have a 1000hp+ Supra and have ridden in a few as fast as mine. I literally cannot even fathom how fast your cars are. I'm a huge gear head and true auto enthusiast and am looking forward to seeing one of these cars perform in person. Drinks on me after the Texas mile event in October for anyone who wants to scare the shit out of me.

Just out of curiosity... do you guys ever mis-shift with the gear gate?

or does it help you with throwing the gears better?

Amazing driving from all in the vid! Cannot imagine what it feels like to shift gears while you're going into hyper speed

It does look pretty damn easy in that video, much more eventful than it looks, that's for sure!

Just out of curiosity... do you guys ever mis-shift with the gear gate?

or does it help you with throwing the gears better?

Amazing driving from all in the vid! Cannot imagine what it feels like to shift gears while you're going into hyper speed

Yep! Don't do that, it's a bad idea. Or just say goodbye to, valves, trans case, 1st gear, 1st gear synchro, rods, crank, and bearings. Lol.

It does look pretty damn easy in that video, much more eventful than it looks, that's for sure!

Yep! Don't do that, it's a bad idea. Or just say goodbye to, valves, trans case, 1st gear, 1st gear synchro, rods, crank, and bearings. Lol.

Hahaha!! thanks for answering bro! :icon_thumleft:

Damn.. now I recall reading about your incident... terrible thing to happen man.

FMl that is a crazy grocery list, i can't even imagine the price tag to repair.

Glad that your car is flying again. Easily one of my favourite TTG's :icon_mrgreen:

The drivers look comfortable because they've done it countless times before. It'll still scare the crap out of you but not as much as it would a passenger. Now, that's an intense experience, every single time.

That was maybe my 10th pass in the car, 5th or 6th on kill. Much more used to it now, but it's intimidating at first lol.

I thought driving my brother's 1100+ hp Supra was crazy enough but seeing this video brings a lot of respect for these exotic cars and owners. Gallardo and R8 are great platforms (mid-engine) especially when they have 10 cylinders to play with. Supra and GTR owners can only dream of having more displacement or cylinders. Maybe it's the sole reason why more wiser individuals invest on these cars...more potential. Chick magnets! LOL! Every event (TX2K, TI...) I followed, it seems more UGR 2Rs are attending and going home with trophies and a huge smile on their faces. That's it I'm buying one :) haha!

I thought driving my brother's 1100+ hp Supra was crazy enough but seeing this video brings a lot of respect for these exotic cars and owners. Gallardo and R8 are great platforms (mid-engine) especially when they have 10 cylinders to play with. Supra and GTR owners can only dream of having more displacement or cylinders. Maybe it's the sole reason why more wiser individuals invest on these cars...more potential. Chick magnets! LOL! Every event (TX2K, TI...) I followed, it seems more UGR 2Rs are attending and going home with trophies and a huge smile on their faces. That's it I'm buying one :) haha!

Not a huge difference in displacement, 04-07 G's are 5 liters, 09+ 5.2, my old GTR was a 4.4. It's a more receptive platform to the type of racing I like, the fact that it's a Lambo is a plus.

Not a huge difference in displacement, 04-07 G's are 5 liters, 09+ 5.2, my old GTR was a 4.4. It's a more receptive platform to the type of racing I like, the fact that it's a Lambo is a plus.

Yeah, it's not a whole lot when compared to a bored-out/stroked GTR but for the Supra, it's another story. I think the V10 configuration does play a big role when it comes to heat and vibration. The firing order of a V10 is so much smoother. My only pet peeve on the Gallardo is the stroke bigger than the bore. Not like the Aventador, which I think was the best engine spec that came out from the factory. Its bore is bigger than the stroke (high RPMs). I am more anxious on what UGR will do to a fully sung Aventador 2R. When they do, I think it will be the one to have or in my case, to dream about. Hehehe... Well, I only saw a glimpse of the "X" so I guess who knows what the future holds. Good times!