Am I going Crazy or have the prices of our beloved Diablo's started going up ?

Night Life

I dont think an LP400 sale is doing anything to influence the Diablo market..

I do. Primarily because someone like me is becoming priced out of the Countach market and the Diablo is the next logical alternative, imo.

The one way the recent sale of the LP400 may influence the Diablo is due to past model cycles.

12 years ago you could purchase certain Miura's below or around $100K

Seven years ago that changed and the Miura train left the station.

12 years ago you could purchase a Countach for as low as $40-50K or a fine example for $60-70K.

Over the past 12 months that has changed and the Countach train has left the station.

The logical assumption would be that the Diablo will be the next Lamborghini to experience a rapid escalation in price.

If one wants one they should act now before the Diablo train leaves the station.

The one way the recent sale of the LP400 may influence the Diablo is due to past model cycles.

12 years ago you could purchase certain Miura's below or around $100K

Seven years ago that changed and the Miura train left the station.

12 years ago you could purchase a Countach for as low as $40-50K or a fine example for $60-70K.

Over the past 12 months that has changed and the Countach train has left the station.

The logical assumption would be that the Diablo will be the next Lamborghini to experience a rapid escalation in price.

If one wants one they should act now before the Diablo train leaves the station.

I agree with this. I also would state that I believe the Diablo is going to do it quicker, being the fact that there is a cycle that all of us have caught on to and recognize that this is happening. With the recognition of it, the diablo's on the market are going to dry in a quicker time frame than the countach's did. Let alone the fact that over the last couple years there really haven't been many diablo's on the market at one time anyways.

I agree with this. I also would state that I believe the Diablo is going to do it quicker, being the fact that there is a cycle that all of us have caught on to and recognize that this is happening. With the recognition of it, the diablo's on the market are going to dry in a quicker time frame than the countach's did. Let alone the fact that over the last couple years there really haven't been many diablo's on the market at one time anyways.

I don't think it will appreciate quick than the Miura or Countach, but proportionate as they manufactured 50% more Diablo's than Countaches.

Just as they made more Countaches than Miura's hence supply vs demand. The demand is there for the Diablo however there is more of a supply relative to the others.

I do. Primarily because someone like me is becoming priced out of the Countach market and the Diablo is the next logical alternative, imo.

If you were looking a Countach's three/four years ago and used the Lp400 as an indicator you were more than likely priced out of the market as well then, as they were selling for over 600k...

I think Diablos need another 10 years to start leaving the station.. HOWEVER, I was discussing this with the wife yesterday, if trends follow the Countach, maybe I need to look for a 91 Diablo to add to my 98...

I think Diablos need another 10 years to start leaving the station.. HOWEVER, I was discussing this with the wife yesterday, if trends follow the Countach, maybe I need to look for a 91 Diablo to add to my 98...

not a bad idea.. I don't by any means think the diablo is going to reach the $500-1m mark anytime in the near future, I would just say that I think the diablo's will probably start selling for the asking prices we have seen recently. Nothing much more than that.. Now a car like yours Allan, may be another story.. That is 1 bad ass SV...

if you can afford it, no reason not to

I would like to get one just not sure which model.

That being said what is your opinion?

I do not think a 6.0 would be in my budget at least not now and although I like the roadster I am afraid that the thrill of driving around with no roof would loose its appeal.

I do not think a 6.0 would be in my budget at least not now and although I like the roadster I am afraid that the thrill of driving around with no roof would loose its appeal.

i have a 92 and it drive fantastic and is great value. will it go up, I think eventually.

think of it like this:

three years ago you could buy almost any Countach under 100K, do you want to have a discussion three years from now how Diablos were so attainable, now you want one, and its not close to what it is now?

Either way, you are in the perfect position!

Truthfully, Ive owned 3 Diablos now, and loved them all.. My early 92 was a great car. Any nice Diablo is a buy inmo.. That being said, I think the SV is the best all around Diablo. It retains the rwd aspect of the early cars, with much better brakes, power steering, Abs, lift etc, and I love the roof scoops.

owning a diablo roadster since 2008

drove it yesterday top off...AWESOME! never gets old :)

it really is great to drive it topless...the wind,sound, it is much nicer than with the top on

i agree on rwd commento: i removed AWD from the roadster and drives much better now

any diablo can be easily converted to RWD and i would do it to any awd diablo

this said, any diablo is a great car

i like the SE, SV, GT...all of them

Truthfully, Ive owned 3 Diablos now, and loved them all.. My early 92 was a great car. Any nice Diablo is a buy inmo.. That being said, I think the SV is the best all around Diablo. It retains the rwd aspect of the early cars, with much better brakes, power steering, Abs, lift etc, and I love the roof scoops.

EXACTLY! Allan, we must be related!