M6 smokes 575M

Allan-Herbie

Too bad "the new M6 looks exactly like the old M6.... AFTER ITS BEEN SQUEEZED THROUGH AN ANUS."

I had an 2002 M5, and got rid of it for the E55. I must say the E55 has more power but the handling of the M5 leaves no comparison. I am on the waiting list (and have been since 2002) for the new M5. I'm No. 6 I think on the list. Still debating on what I'm going to do when the time comes. I have kids, so the M6 is out of the question for me. I love hveing the Benz and loved having the M5 for everyday drivers, they are really great cars all around if you want Horsepower and you can still throw a family of 4 in them.

I had a 2000 M5 and it had to be one of the best cars i have owned.I was very sad to sell it .I had a new M5 and M6 on order and cancelled them both after seing the pics.

Yeah, I'm not to excited about the looks of the new M5 either but my god what do I go get after I'm done with the E55. I'm not really interested in any other SUV's out there (wife drives the escalade) and I like have a quick car that fits all 4 of us. Maybe the new Audi RS6. I heard it was going to have 550HP and it looks pretty nice.

Its only in straight line performance the BMW would win, I highly doubt it could beat it at the track.

But in the end it comes down to who is the better driver.

Its only in straight line performance the BMW would win, I highly doubt it could beat it at the track.

:roll: BMW makes some of the best suspensions in the world... I doubt given those numbers it would have any problem beating the crap out of the F on the turns as well...

:roll: BMW makes some of the best suspensions in the world... I doubt given those numbers it would have any problem beating the crap out of the F on the turns as well...

Actually..... the test included track times from Oschersleben.

Ferrari 575 = 1.45,45 - 125,26 kph

BMW M6 = 1:46,90 - 123.50 kph

Not exactly blown away, but the 575 is definitely the faster car on the track.

Close enough sport. Particularly from Ferrari's volume $275k flagship.

A Murcie or Gallardo destroys either of those times.

I'm not suprised bacause it's from German magazine and there German cars are the best in the world

And I'm similarly not surprised that a Ferrari fanboy has excuses at the ready.

I agree, the g-car is very german. But still spanked the Ferrari! At those prices and with all of the Ferrari dealer bullshit whats the excuse for the car not being able to outrun Lambo's "entry lever sports car" (I got that from Prestige Imports message they play when your on hold). :roll:

Actually..... the test included track times from Oschersleben.

Ferrari 575 = 1.45,45 - 125,26 kph

BMW M6 = 1:46,90 - 123.50 kph

Not exactly blown away, but the 575 is definitely the faster car on the track.

Hmm... Maybe the BMW had somebody in the back seat... Or both driver's luggage in the trunk...