VBUGKING's Aventador Roadster in Blue Nethuns

tannermash

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations! Your car looks absolutely stunning, I love what you did with the interior! All black would have been nice too, but it's more interesting this way. Great taste!

A Monterey Blue Aventador Roadster is the coolest car in the world. I would take it over a P1, ThethetheFerrari or 918.

A Monterey Blue Aventador Roadster is the coolest car in the world. I would take it over a P1, ThethetheFerrari or 918.

Loved seeing this car in person. I like what you did with the roof, I tried a clear bra but it wouldn't stick. Since I never drive with the roof on, I just stopped obsessing over what to do about it lol.

That collection looks pretty darn good! Nice work VBug! Thanks for posting some numbers too. Love seeing real world numbers. 3.2 0-60 sounds damn quick to me with no LC!!!!

I have not seen the Blue Nethuns in person, and the pictures (even these great ones) don’t do it justice, but I could swear there is a difference between the Monterey Blue in my 2003 and the later LPs. Somehow a deeper blue in the older cars in my mind. Anyone know how close this is to the original? And yes, I realize this is stupid in the weeds stuff and that I’m opening myself to mocking as if I were Nigel Tufnel saying It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black. But the color is awesome on the Aventedor so just wondering.

I have not seen the Blue Nethuns in person, and the pictures (even these great ones) don’t do it justice, but I could swear there is a difference between the Monterey Blue in my 2003 and the later LPs. Somehow a deeper blue in the older cars in my mind. Anyone know how close this is to the original? And yes, I realize this is stupid in the weeds stuff and that I’m opening myself to mocking as if I were Nigel Tufnel saying It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black. But the color is awesome on the Aventador so just wondering.

I have not seen the Blue Nethuns in person, and the pictures (even these great ones) don’t do it justice, but I could swear there is a difference between the Monterey Blue in my 2003 and the later LPs. Somehow a deeper blue in the older cars in my mind. Anyone know how close this is to the original? And yes, I realize this is stupid in the weeds stuff and that I’m opening myself to mocking as if I were Nigel Tufnel saying It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black. But the color is awesome on the Aventedor so just wondering.

If I recall correctly Blue Nethuns and Monterey Blue are identical, they only changed the color name because of the whole Vik Keuylian scandal. All colors he named were changed, like Rosso Vik has now become Rosso Effesto.

If I recall correctly Blue Nethuns and Monterey Blue are identical, they only changed the color name because of the whole Vik Keuylian scandal. All colors he named were changed, like Rosso Vik has now become Rosso Effesto.

:iamwithstupid: that was my understanding as well.

This is the only shot I have of both cars together, but at a meet a while back another local owner brought his Diablo SV in Monterey Blue. Hard to tell in this pic but the Aventador Roadster is a bit darker blue and the color has more significant changes in different light than the Diablo

post-38358-1401221487_thumb.jpg

Paint processes change over time, but Blue Nethuns = Montery Blue. Every model has different lines and panels and the paint will not be identical between models. This is very apparent on Verde Ithaca (and many other colors) when comparing the Gallardo and Murci for example. Also due to the intensive Blue Nethuns (and Rosso Effesto) paint process, even same models in the same color can vary slightly.

That collection looks pretty darn good! Nice work VBug! Thanks for posting some numbers too. Love seeing real world numbers. 3.2 0-60 sounds damn quick to me with no LC!!!!

Thanks, it is very quick. I wish magazines would also test cars without LC, because the reality is no one is using LC on the street on a regular basis.

Just as stunning in pictures as in person. Really like the subtlety of the contrasting interior colors.

Thanks, it is very quick. I wish magazines would also test cars without LC, because the reality is no one is using LC on the street on a regular basis.

Most of the hacks at magazine can't drive to save their lives.

is it wrong to like the aventador roadster more than the bugatti?

No its not wrong, but anyone who has driven a Bugatti and an Aventador will tell you that the Bugatti is on another level. Doesn't mean its more fun or looks better in everyone's eyes, but the quality is just much higher. The best way I can describe it is: the Aventador is the best at home version while the Bugatti is the commercial version. Most people would be more than happy with the best at home version, and there is nothing wrong with that.