I WON'T DO BUSINESS WITH BRAIN (or Brian) AT EXOTIC CAR SEARCH

whiteout

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not just pay someone to PPI and ask them for all the info you need?

Tbh those loan buyers checks are a pita. Next time just wire full funds then take the title to the bank and finish the loan after the fact if that's possible in your situation. Much easier that way.

Why not just pay someone to PPI and ask them for all the info you need?

Tbh those loan buyers checks are a pita. Next time just wire full funds then take the title to the bank and finish the loan after the fact if that's possible in your situation. Much easier that way.

:iamwithstupid: This. A car this rare warrants doing whatever necessary to get the deal done even if you have to suck the sellers ass then tell him to go fcuk himself when it's all done.

With that said, there's always three sides to every story and no offense but I think it's always a douchey move to publicly post up "private" messages or text messages.

Now move on, put this behind you and best of luck finding another black/black six speed LP for $160ish.

I disagree, Whiteout didn't come off sounded annoying at all, if anything Brian seemed to be short fused for someone that is dealing in this for $$. I would , like others spending $150k + like to know what they are getting for their hard earned $$, and not expected to be snapped at for inquiring and just trying to put the logistics together.

If I am gong to spend my time/money to fly out to see a car I want to make sure everything is in order before I fly out, especially if I was going to drive the car back 2000 miles. If the seller cant answer a few basic questions he isnt truly motivated to sell.

Exactly.

:iamwithstupid: This. A car this rare warrants doing whatever necessary to get the deal done even if you have to suck the sellers ass then tell him to go fcuk himself when it's all done.

With that said, there's always three sides to every story and no offense but I think it's always a douchey move to publicly post up "private" messages or text messages.

Now move on, put this behind you and best of luck finding another black/black six speed LP for $160ish.

It's a nice looking car from the pics. But it does have a branded title, so the rarity is out-the-door.

I will bend over backwards to get the deal done, but I will not get on my knees. . .

Exactly.

It's a nice looking car from the pics. But it does have a branded title, so the rarity is out-the-door.

I will bend over backwards to get the deal done, but I will not get on my knees. . .

Branded title...I wonder why? Odometer roll back?

You know... Its the "minor issue."

(there is an underage hooker dead in the trunk? )

Not in the trunk. There are dead hooker remains still on the seat - that's why there are no seat "wear mark" shots.

In all seriousness, get a PPI. And if you can't get one (you always should) at least have someone go look at the car. I did this awhile back on a Murci for a member here because the car was right down the street from me. There are members on LP all over the world. Ask for someone to check it out. Then if it looks legit, spring for the PPI. If the seller isn't offering this or is being standoff-ish, run the fcuk away.

From the info given so far I'm on Whiteout's side. This seems completely unprofessional from Brian's side. Maybe deal with seller directly and get a 3rd party PPI?

I have to agree with this. It really pisses me off when private communication is made public, regardless of why.

It also seems to me that all the broker had to do was get on the phone with the buyer and explain the situation about the seller's unwillingness to provide further information and be of any help organizing the logistics. Texts often times can be cold and misinterpreted very easily.

Whats in the branded title? Is it a salvage car?

Branded doesn't necessarily mean salvage. Could be odometer issue, lemon law buyback, etc. Regardless, assuming it wasn't a salvage history car, I think the price reflects whatever issue it may have had.

This was all over 1 weeks time. I explained paying for the car in full with funds clearing the bank over and over before delivery. 6 days later we are still going over yet another scenario that could lead to funds not having cleared before he wants to drive the car to California from Alabama. Thus the 3 choice ultimatum that appears to be a time constraint. I actually spoke to whiteout over the phone requesting we possible move the date back a week, so I had more time to get the info . All this time I did not tell him to sign the agreement or send a deposit. He was going to have 1st shot at buying the car(which he did). I tried everything over those 6 days to get the additional information and was unable to. This did not happen overnight.

Personally, posting peoples personal information(text conversations) on the internet is not something I would do. Actions like this make me glad the car wasn't sold to him.

Autocheck Issue: This car is branded as a "manufacture buy back". The owner bought it from an independent dealer in 2009 not knowing it was a manufactur buyback, since it had a clean title(dealer did retitle the car before he bought it). It was only about a month ago I informed him it was a "manufacture buy back", because I run an "autocheck" on all vehicles before I list them for sale. I want to know as much about the car beforehand, so I can represent it accurately. The autocheck helps me ask questions to the seller about history and other documentation that may be helpful for a new potential owner to make a decision. Whiteout will tell you that the first words out of my mouth was that the car has an issue on "autocheck" regarding the title. I did attain a copy of the warranty and campaign work on the vehicle to see if I could find out the reason for the "Buy back". I have sold a couple other buybacks and all of them were during the 2008-2009 period when the values plummeted, but got by on a technicality on the "3 strike rule". I have attached a copy below as well as the autocheck(that whiteout received right away). It does look like possibly it had 3 door issues, and the only other thing I might be able to say is that it is a southern California car, and perhaps had something to do with the Orange county fiasco and was sold while floored through Lamborghini(Audi), and there was a problem getting a title. Anyway, it is a small world in the exotic community, and if anyone knows the real history, please feel free to express yourself. The current owner did have the vehicle brought to MoG and had some servicing and campaign issues addressed(gas tank, etc.) in 2010. he has owned the car over 5 years and put on less than 3k miles. He was aware of no issues with car or title(he has a clean title). The price has been adjusted downwards from market value because of the "branding" on autocheck.

post-1253-1402663988_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1402664103_thumb.jpg

I have dealt many times with Brian and every single experience has been 100% above board with zero problems. Brian also helped me buy a car from Shane with zero issues and made it clear Shane wanted cleared funds before the car goes anywhere, which is 100% reasonable. It seems to me the problems is 2 things, the buyer trying the typical last minute funds arriving scenario and the great cashier check scenario. Me personally, I dont want a wire 2 minutes before the car leaves and I dont want a cashier check from ABC credit union in Bum Fck City USA. Period.

The buyer should have placed deposit and then, if needed or wanted, should have set up a PPI (at buyers expense) and had a third party inspect the car or paid to have it shipped to dealer and have it inspected.....that solves all the "whats wrong with it issues" and then wired the money after the fact and picked the car up. Should be real simple.

Again, Ive dealt with both Brian and Shane and both are 100% upfront and Ive had ZERO issues. If you dont like their rules, dont buy the car. Neither of them have to explain why anything. People are free to set their own parameters to selling their personal things regardless of what you might think.

And NO Im not putting anyone in touch with anyone, so dont even ask.......I love the last line in the original post....cash in hand buyer....sounds impressive but not accurate. Last minute wires done before clearing and cashier checks are far from cash in hand......and if anything sounds fishy in this deal, its buyers payment methods and expectations of release of vehicle.

****I also think its appropriate to ask Moderators to change thread name to something less slanderous sounding****

Tell him to fund in full and if he gets to the car and feels it was misrepresented you will wire the funds back to him. You know it is a stand up car and that won't happen so swing the bat?

I do that on every sale that anyone is concerned about overall condition. I have yet to wire anyone money back in 10 years.

Clearly all he was looking for was a little piece of mind..?

Tell him to fund in full and if he gets to the car and feels it was misrepresented you will wire the funds back to him. You know it is a stand up car and that won't happen so swing the bat?

I do that on every sale that anyone is concerned about overall condition. I have yet to wire anyone money back in 10 years.

Clearly all he was looking for was a little piece of mind..?

That option was given to whiteout, and he was also told it would be in writing when he kept insisting he didn't have the time to wait around while funds cleared. It was only after he was told that the car was not going to be sold to him, that he conceded to having funds there in full beforehand. After 6 days of the same subject, I will readily admit I was done.

NOTE: The preferred method all along was a $5k deposit subject to inspection(as written in the agreement). The advice given was... to inspect car in morning, and then have wire in place to finalize transaction and drive away with title. Whiteout didn't " have time" to spend one night in Alabama after arriving late afternoon/ early evening in Alabama from California. I was just trying to make something work for his schedule, and the only means was to pay for the car in advance with a guarantee to return funds if inspection was NOT satisfactory. I addressed the issue of a late wire in the day bringing up potential problems of clearing one 's lender that day, and subsequently he would have to stay the night until the wire cleared the following day. I look at all possible circumstances, so there are no "surprises" which become conflicts of a transaction. I was protecting not only the seller from having an uncomfortable decision of not having the funds cleared, and also Whiteout for having to spend the evening when he didn't want to, because a late wire in the day did not clear.

Actions like this make me glad the car wasn't sold to him.

It's your statements like this, which make this thread appropriate.

Also, you realize that's page 1 of 2 right?

I have dealt many times with Brian and every single experience has been 100% above board with zero problems. Brian also helped me buy a car from Shane with zero issues and made it clear Shane wanted cleared funds before the car goes anywhere, which is 100% reasonable. It seems to me the problems is 2 things, the buyer trying the typical last minute funds arriving scenario and the great cashier check scenario. Me personally, I dont want a wire 2 minutes before the car leaves and I dont want a cashier check from ABC credit union in Bum Fck City USA. Period.

The buyer should have placed deposit and then, if needed or wanted, should have set up a PPI (at buyers expense) and had a third party inspect the car or paid to have it shipped to dealer and have it inspected.....that solves all the "whats wrong with it issues" and then wired the money after the fact and picked the car up. Should be real simple.

Again, Ive dealt with both Brian and Shane and both are 100% upfront and Ive had ZERO issues. If you dont like their rules, dont buy the car. Neither of them have to explain why anything. People are free to set their own parameters to selling their personal things regardless of what you might think.

And NO Im not putting anyone in touch with anyone, so dont even ask.......I love the last line in the original post....cash in hand buyer....sounds impressive but not accurate. Last minute wires done before clearing and cashier checks are far from cash in hand......and if anything sounds fishy in this deal, its buyers payment methods and expectations of release of vehicle.

****I also think its appropriate to ask Moderators to change thread name to something less slanderous sounding****

I wish that my situation would have gone as well as yours did.

I OFFERED TO PAY FOR THE CAR PER BRIAN'S INSTRUCTIONS AND THEN IMMEDIATELY AFTERWARDS BRIAN KILLED THE DEAL

PPI isn't an issue.

Form of funds never was an issue, time to clear them was. I agreed to EVERYTHING Brian wanted to do to ensure payment cleared before I took possession of the car.

The reason I posted this online is I 100% agreed to Brian's terms, then he pulled the deal. This is not the first time a deal has fallen through on me, but Brian did it in such a way that people on this forum should know that working with Brian is a potential waste of time. I posted the screen shots to put the correct information out in rebuttal to Brian's posts.

How would you feel if you hired Brian to sell your car, he had a buyer lined up ready to pay per whatever instructions you wanted, then Brian decided not to sell to that buyer for _____ reason? That's why I posted about the situation.

The thread title is not slanderous; it is a warning, not a false statement about his character.

whiteout is entitled to ask for whatever he wants. The seller is entitled to reject any requests and is under no obligation to do business with anyone. whiteout seems like a nice guy but if someone asked me for a bunch of photos, and to pick him up at the airport lol, and to pay for a hotel room, and to make payment arrangements not to my satisfaction, I wouldn't even respond to my broker I would just be annoyed that he brought me someone so time consuming.

Like many guys on here, I have done millions in sales and purchases of exotics over my lifetime, the deals with the highest PITA factor are often the most regrettable. Posting texts isn't good taste, formal transactions require formal communications.

Basically what we have here is two good parties that aren't good together. No point to do business together something else will come up that will end in a pissing match again.

That option was given to whiteout, and he was also told it would be in writing when he kept insisting he didn't have the time to wait around while funds cleared. It was only after he was told that the car was not going to be sold to him, that he conceded to having funds there in full beforehand. After 6 days of the same subject, I will readily admit I was done.

Again, refer back to the text messages I posted up. I clearly offered to pay before leaving CA. Then you called it off. Timeline.

***a perfect example of why I posted up screen shots of text messages***

It seems a bit odd to me that someone in this type of deals chooses text messeging as a form of exchaging information. It's the worse of two worlds: you dont't any feeling from the counterpart, like on a real time exchange, and you don't have the "set up in writing" advantage that you've got in a email or letter.

It seems to only have downsides.

On the other hand, it seems to come handy for posting them online...

Basically what we have here is two good parties that aren't good together. No point to do business together something else will come up that will end in a pissing match again.

Well said. I go through this shit every day with seven figure transactions, once it becomes a headache it's time to move on.

whiteout is entitled to ask for whatever he wants. The seller is entitled to reject any requests and is under no obligation to do business with anyone. whiteout seems like a nice guy but if someone asked me for a bunch of photos, and to pick him up at the airport lol, and to pay for a hotel room, and to make payment arrangements not to my satisfaction, I wouldn't even respond to my broker I would just be annoyed that he brought me someone so time consuming.

Like many guys on here, I have done millions in sales and purchases of exotics over my lifetime, the deals with the highest PITA factor are often the most regrettable. Posting texts isn't good taste, formal transactions require formal communications.

100% !!!!! yes!!!

The best way to handle these kind of transactions IMO, you take care of your own self and try to be as little of a PITA as you can to all involved, get yourself where you need to be, buy your own hotel room, catch a cab or rent a car, extend your stay if funds need to clear, respect the rules imposed by the vendors, make the transaction seamless and painless from your end, after all that if you don't like what's imposed or how you were treated, WALK as fast and as far as you can and don't look back.

I am involved daily in large number transactions with vendors who are emotional, unreasonable, etc. I have seen everything there is to be seen, I could write a book about it and most would be in disbelieve as some of the stories, at the end of the day the seller owns the item you want and he/she calls the shots, I rarely fail in my attempts and it always comes down to my flexibility and being very accommodating as little of a burden as possible, there is no point in you being in the right if you missed on what you wanted to acquire.

Shitty situation I feel for both involved, at the end of the day he still has the damn car, wire the deposit fly over inspect it, if you like it cut a cheque for the rest, grab a hotel room and wait for the cheque to clear, when funds are cleared, jump in your new car and come home! I would like to see that car with whiteout and read about his journey back home!