Free with your L-Power Membership

Roman

No... No pick up yet. And now that tornado season is ending it may be a while. I'm looking for a high mileage, cosmetic shit box, 4x4, with decent internals... Something I could take a baseball bat too, and make it look better.

You mean a 6X6 right?

;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something like one of these?

http://www.easternsurplus.net/deuce.html

Not that I've been looking or anything....

Dude... There are duece and a halfs for sale all over out here... $8-12K all day long. (and if I know that, it means Ive looked) If I knew I wouldnt be too chickenshit to drive one Id buy one... Im also toying with a surplus humvee... But I dunno... It all seems a bit too mallninja.

Dude that is a STEAL :eusa_dance:

Glad to see you are loving the country. You get a pickup yet?

Youll get a kick out of this... Everybody else, take five...

So I picked up the bushhog today... Its a convertible cat 1/2 hitch and its set to cat 2. My tractor is a cat 1. (of course). One of the pins on the hog has the nut welded on... So Im screwed on that one unless I get somebody up here with a plasma torch... But if I can turn the other one around, it shouldn't rub on my tires... But, this one, the nut is painted on... And its torque spec is 285 lbs... And its a 1.5 inch bolt and the biggest box wrench or socket I have is 1.25...

So I get a pipe wrench and lock it on top of it and put my full weight behind it pushing down... Nothing, plus I know the wrench is going to slip off, and Im going to slam my knuckles into the steel deck at full speed bringing my magic hobby to an instantaneous and debilitating end.... (and probably knock my teeth out at the same time). Hit it with a dead blow hammer... Still zilch... (And keep in mind, its like 95 degrees today with like 599% humidity, so Im sweating like a whore in church...)

So I brush it with two coats of turpentine to strip the paint.... Then blow torch it.... Then pour PB oil all over it before it cools. Smokes up nice... Then I get a long steel pipe and use it as a cheater bar and I stand on the fcuking thing, risking breaking my fcuking ass.... Im the worlds fattest gandy dancer and Still nothing...

So I turn the wrench around and pull up... Lift the whole fcuking thing off the ground and just about feel my spine fly across the yard... (this mower probably weighs 6 or 700 pounds) Nada... Then I get a last ditch idea...

Pull the tractor out, roll up the bucket underneath the wrench and cheater bar and lift them with the bucket... Again, the whole thing comes off the ground... With the entire weight on the wrench and cheater... Still no movement...

So I jump onto the deck of the mower with it up in the air, and bang! The fcuking bolt breaks free with a loud screech as we drop the foot or so to the ground... Re-position the wrench a couple of time and turn it a bunch of times with the bucket and its off...

I RULE!

Dude... There are duece and a halfs for sale all over out here... $8-12K all day long. (and if I know that, it means Ive looked) If I knew I wouldnt be too chickenshit to drive one Id buy one... Im also toying with a surplus humvee... But I dunno... It all seems a bit too mallninja.

Chickenshit and RD don't go together. Buy a deuce and a half already.

Youll get a kick out of this... Everybody else, take five...

So I picked up the bushhog today... Its a convertible cat 1/2 hitch and its set to cat 2. My tractor is a cat 1. (of course). One of the pins on the hog has the nut welded on... So Im screwed on that one unless I get somebody up here with a plasma torch... But if I can turn the other one around, it shouldn't rub on my tires... But, the other one, the nut is painted on... And its torque spec is 285 lbs... And its a 1.5 inch bolt and the biggest box wrench or socket I have is 1.25...

So I get a pipe wrench and lock it on top of it and put my full weight behind it pushing down... Nothing, plus I know the wrench is going to slip off, and Im going to slam my knuckles into the steel deck at full speed bringing my magic hobby to an instantaneous and debilitating end.... (and probably knock my teeth out at the same time). Hit it with a dead blow hammer... Still zilch...

So I brush it with two coats of turpentine to strip the paint.... Then blow torch it.... Then pour PB oil all over it before it cools. Then I get a long steel pipe and use it as a cheater bar and I stand on the fcuking thing, risking breaking my fcuking ass.... Im the worlds fattest gandy dancer and Still nothing...

So I turn the wrench around and pull up... Lift the whole fcuking thing off the ground and just about feel my spine fly across the yard... (this mower probably weighs 6 or 700 pounds) Nada... Then I get a last ditch idea...

Pull the tractor out, roll up the bucket underneath the wrench and cheater bar and lift them with the bucket... Again, the whole thing comes of the ground... With the entire weight on the wrench and cheater... Still no movement...

So I jump onto the deck of the mower with it up in the air, and bang! The fcuking bolt breaks free with a loud screech as we drop the foot or so to the ground... Re-position the wrench a couple of time and turn it a bunch of times with the bucket and its off...

I RULE!

You need to get an electric impact gun with hardened sockets and I am not kidding.

Trust me you will never regret buying one. Vic

You need to get an electric impact gun with hardened sockets and I am not kidding.

Trust me you will never regret buying one. Vic

I have one- pneumatic... But my biggest socket is 1.25.... And if I have to buy shit to fix something I bought cheap, it pisses me off... Im a cheap fcuking bastard.

I have one- pneumatic... But my biggest socket is 1.25.... And if I have to buy shit to fix something I bought cheap, it pisses me off...

If I have to buy something to fix something I bought new that pissed me off. If I have to buy something to fix something I bought cheap...that's the whole reason I was able to get it cheap.

If I have to buy something to fix something I bought new that pissed me off. If I have to buy something to fix something I bought cheap...that's the whole reason I was able to get it cheap.

If I have to buy something to fix something I bought new, I shit atom bombs.

And yes... For those keeping score at home, I did just post 7 paragraphs on the pure ecstatic joy I got out of turning a stuck nut...

I RULE AGAIN!

in the future heat just the bolt (concentrate the heat on the bolt until red)

wait for it to cool then wrench the nut section off

the act of heating the bolt will expand the nut, freeing the unit

Then Erik would need to buy a acetylene torch and play with fire. :lol2:

And yes... For those keeping score at home, I did just post 7 paragraphs on the pure ecstatic joy I got out of turning a stuck nut...

I RULE AGAIN!

Be honest, was it really a nut? Come on... We all know it was a jar of pickles

That is one of the best tricks for removing something rusty and/or stubborn.

• 4 months later...

Shit. My niece saw this tool driving around and thought it was me... I hate this fcuking guy...

image.jpg

Haha, there used to be a white kit Countach in Fredericksburg but the guy was adamant about it being legit to the point where he would get angry if you said otherwise. Do you even know of any other real ones in the area?

Haha, there used to be a white kit Countach in Fredericksburg but the guy was adamant about it being legit to the point where he would get angry if you said otherwise. Do you even know of any other real ones in the area?

I am struggling to deal with that on many levels

Shit. My niece saw this tool driving around and thought it was me... I hate this fcuking guy...

Ha ha ha.... So funny I have to wipe my eyes! Sorry :icon_mrgreen:

Earlycat lives across the river from me (theyre building a bridge that will make us neighbors..) There is a rumor he has one.... :icon_mrgreen:

• 1 year later...

So... Its taken two years... But THIS finally happened...

IMG_5485.PNG

IMG_5486.PNG

Yep... Im out in the countach and the craptastic kit car thats been the bain of my existence for two effng years, rolls up behind me...

And I think the fuckstick thought I was a kit too...

Yeah... Fixed that notion quick.

So... Its taken two years... But THIS finally happened...

Yep... Im out in the countach and the craptastic kit car thats been the bain of my existence for two effng years, rolls up behind me...

And I think the fuckstick thought I was a kit too...

Yeah... Fixed that notion quick.

:icon_thumleft: :icon_super: i.e. having the notion fixed.

You pour gasoline on it?

No... I stepped on it and left him in his loserness...