MP4-12C vs SL570

When we eat, we all chew a different flavour.

We seem to live in this binary world whereby people cannot appreciate the product produced by another manufacture due to their blinkered fanbois.

It's not hard to understand and hardly surprising, it happens in many aspects of our lives, movies, clothing, food, electronics, etc. etc.

You like sports, you have a favorite team, you don't go and cheer the opposition every other weekend, why is it wrong to apply the same principle to other hobbies you might have?

That's the exciting part of it all and that's where enthusiasts difference themselves from the rest of the mass buyers, I see nothing wrong with it and one of the main reasons brand loyal car forum exist, if I were excited by other makes I would be part of their community but I have no interest in different makes so I attach myself to the community (team) I like and want to support.

Is it really wrong to be a fanboy ? :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was never a fan of the "widow maker" mentality when it comes to super cars. Never liked the idea that the car has more "character" because it tries to kill you. Hence, I really enjoy the Mclaren driving experience. Goes like stink and it does what it is told. Very much the same way I enjoy my women. :icon_mrgreen:

However, I do appreciate the other visceral factors of what makes a great super car like looks and sounds. This is why I love my Aventador so much. I think if it were me, I would take a Gallardo Super Trofeo over my 12C any day, but only the Super Trofeo.

When we eat, we all chew a different flavour.

We seem to live in this binary world whereby people cannot appreciate the product produced by another manufacture due to their blinkered fanbois.

:iamwithstupid: I put hundreds of miles on a scuderia yesterday and I can now appreciate the love of Ferrari by some. Great car, but each marque represents a completely different experience/personality.

Lambo Ferrari McLaren all great cars but it's like choosing a hot red head, hot brunette, and hot blonde(McLaren is the hot brunette who has a masters in business) lol

At the end of the day whatever makes you happy wins in my book, but you should try all 3!

Lambo Ferrari McLaren all great cars but it's like choosing a hot red head, hot brunette, and hot blonde(McLaren is the hot brunette who has a masters in business) lol

At the end of the day whatever makes you happy wins in my book, but you should try all 3!

Hilarious! Masters in business huh?

My 2013 Superleggera in Rosso Efesto. Love it!!

Stunning!

Rightly said, variety is the spice of life, as long as we are satisfied with what we have in our garages that's all that matters.

:icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid: I put hundreds of miles on a scuderia yesterday and I can now appreciate the love of Ferrari by some. Great car, but each marque represents a completely different experience/personality.

Love it lol. I have always been somewhat partial to Lambo just because I think they 'get it right'; just love their style. However, I am really enjoying the 12C right now.... glad I bought it. And I must say, I've walked around & looked at the 12C so many times; also looking at the 650S & P1, I think Mclaren is getting it right too. Gave my gf a ride in the 12C yesterday & I turned left onto about a 1/8 mile straight. From the slow roll, stomped it & felt the car drift a bit left, then a bit right, but never out of control. Moves like a rocket. Gf said she felt a bit strange/ naseous after that .. lol.

Love it lol. I have always been somewhat partial to Lambo just because I think they 'get it right'; just love their style. However, I am really enjoying the 12C right now.... glad I bought it. And I must say, I've walked around & looked at the 12C so many times; also looking at the 650S & P1, I think Mclaren is getting it right too. Gave my gf a ride in the 12C yesterday & I turned left onto about a 1/8 mile straight. From the slow roll, stomped it & felt the car drift a bit left, then a bit right, but never out of control. Moves like a rocket. Gf said she felt a bit strange/ naseous after that .. lol.

Glad you like it. Maybe we will get the cars together sometime. You ever go to Caffeine and Octane in Atlanta?

Hi Sprite. No, Ihaven't been to C&O. I live in Blue Ridge & just never quite want to make the 1.5 hr drive to attend. I'd love to get together with you guys some time though. ps. Cool car you have there

Hi Sprite. No, Ihaven't been to C&O. I live in Blue Ridge & just never quite want to make the 1.5 hr drive to attend. I'd love to get together with you guys some time though. ps. Cool car you have there

Yeah it's not really worth it. I've only been a few times as it's way too early in the morning for me. I've been meaning to drive up to North Georgia mountains sometime as I've never been up there and heard there are some good scenic routes.