MP4-12C vs SL570

Great post Porter ! I actually agree with everything you said. There is high turnover on the 12C right now. I attribute a lot of that to the introduction of the 650S. After researching the 12C's, I would be surprised if they continued to drop much more. With the performance, aesthetics, and fit & finish of the 12C, I think they will plateau very soon. This particular 12C simply did "it" for me. I like the looks of this one from color, front & rear bumber, wheels, etc... I just think the mods on this one made it more appealing. Having said that... I still want a 570SL. That will be my next endeavor. It is a great thing in life to have something to hope for :)

Congrats on your purchase! That car is perfect.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still love the 570, and will end up with one eventually, but pulled the trigger on this one today...

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/uploads/mo...-1406325976.jpg

Supposed to arrive to me before end of next week. I'll post some pics .

Congrats on the acquisition, I agree with Fortis all that matters is what you want and what moves you, great purchase.

:lol: Congrats on the purchase! They are a good value used. Let the first owner lose 100k for only a few thousand miles of driving!

:lol: Congrats on the purchase! They are a good value used. Let the first owner lose 100k for only a few thousand miles of driving!

Funny, if all my cars were from the 70's I would never lose a penny lolol

I lost a third of that which is close to the norm if not better.

I have a good relationship with the Philly McLaren dealer otherwise I would buy local

Funny, if all my cars were from the 70's I would never lose a penny lolol

I lost a third of that which is close to the norm if not better.

I have a good relationship with the Philly McLaren dealer otherwise I would buy local

Now now.. I'm covering the 80s, 90s, and 2000s! I haven't been lucky enough to score into the 70s yet!

No way you only lost 30k on that car if you bought new.. add in the mods etc.

Congrats...I am glad it worked out for you

Roy

Let me add this. I always said I was going to use Roy when I got ready to buy another car. This particular deal just quickly went another direction. However, Roy has given me good advice, and I look forward to dealing with him in the very near future.

Chad told me he charged Bill 70 over msrp to make him think he only lost 30 on the 12c!

Chad told me he charged Bill 70 over msrp to make him think he only lost 30 on the 12c!

:icon_thumleft:

Exactly, chad massages every deal lol ;)

I'm out of my 08 SL this winter and into a MP4, I think they've almost bottomed out and they are a huge performance bargain.

:iamwithstupid: I agree 100%! Fact is you get a sp bumper/awe exhaust and you have one of the nicest best performing mid level exotics on the street!

I'm out of my 08 SL this winter and into a MP4, I think they've almost bottomed out and they are a huge performance bargain.

My thinking exactly. I was actually looking for a 570SL when I started researching the 12C. I found my ideal SL listed at LoD (12' VI with low miles), but they wanted too much in my opinion (200ish). If that car was around 180, I probably would have bought the SL. However, the more I looked at this 12C; the more I liked it. Hoping when the Huricans begin to arrive, the SL may drop a little more. Then I'll pick up my SL :)

That is without a doubt the best looking 12C ive seen.....

thanks guys! im happy its now in good hands!

PCJR always gets the best pics BTW :eek3dance:

thanks guys! im happy its now in good hands!

PCJR always gets the best pics BTW :eek3dance:

I knew you would like it!

When does the 650 come in?