AudiBull

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I recently went to my doctor and was told I need to get my Triglycerides down. They told me the Low Carb, High Fat diet works the best for this, as well as exercising(which I havent done yet). So here is some things I have made after they told me this.

Pizza topping Casserole, this was the top posting on Reddit's Low Carb section for awhile.

post-7086-1451533077_thumb.jpg

Chicken, Bacon, Ranch

post-7086-1451533025_thumb.jpg

Pork chops with some can Golden Mushroom soup

post-7086-1451532963_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Karubacue today. Now I can make pit BBQ as good as it gets....without having to have a big ugly 600 pound pit in my yard. This thing blows away every smoker on the market hands down. This guy Bill Karau in Dallas hand makes them one at a time in his garage.

post-5221-1452407788.jpg

Those ribs look damn good. I've got a traditional offset smoker that I've used for years. I get great results, but it is a finicky bastard. Susceptible to flare ups from wind change, constant monitoring, fairly uneven heat left to right, etc. If I replace it it will likely be with a larger modern offset, but this looks like a great setup for foolproof low stress bbq. :icon_thumleft:

Those ribs look damn good. I've got a traditional offset smoker that I've used for years. I get great results, but it is a finicky bastard. Susceptible to flare ups from wind change, constant monitoring, fairly uneven heat left to right, etc. If I replace it it will likely be with a larger modern offset, but this looks like a great setup for foolproof low stress bbq. :icon_thumleft:

Get a Karubacue! Offset quality food without the offset smoker headaches. Burns wood logs like an offset so you have to babysit it like one. But it has a convection fan so it cooks even. It has another fan that draws smoke in two places from the firebox. One spot under the coal bed so you get "clean/clear smoke", and another spot on top of the fire box so you get "dirty smoke" which would be a nice light/blue smoke. It's impossible to screw up and get any nasty white creosote smoke out of it.

Only issue is there's an open fire so there's a bit of a fire hazard.

• 2 years later...
Eat them before they eat you...time to make sushi :eusa_dance:

They look like they will haunt you if you eat them but I do like my sushi 🍣

Speaking of sushi...

The 1st pic with those thin-as-paper white/pale yellowish slices are Fugu or blowfish. To be prepared by licensed master chefs only and they go through very stringent exams to get their licenses as improper preparation of Fugu can be fatal due to the toxins in its liver.

(still having problems uploading pics but at least it's now doable)

IMG_0198.JPG

IMG_0197.JPG

IMG_0143.JPG

Is Fugu the one where people get like a slightly euphoric sensation or something due to the slight toxic effect it has?

Is Fugu the one where people get like a slightly euphoric sensation or something due to the slight toxic effect it has?

Yes & no Wheels.

Yes, that's the fish. But...no traces of toxins are suppose to be on the serving whatsoever as it can and will be fatal with plenty of proven cases. If people get euphoric sensations from eating Fugu, then the chef is doing it all wrong and will be arrested in Japan for being criminally negligent.

Yes & no Wheels.

Yes, that's the fish. But...no traces of toxins are suppose to be on the serving whatsoever as it can and will be fatal with plenty of proven cases. If people get euphoric sensations from eating Fugu, then the chef is doing it all wrong and will be arrested in Japan for being criminally negligent.

So what did it taste like? Tell us more about your food bouquet you got going on in those pics?

So what did it taste like? Tell us more about your food bouquet you got going on in those pics?

Well, to be fair, sashimi is sashimi so don't expect miracles. But it has that natural sweetness in it that's just sensational and indescribable. And it isn't all mushy like most sashimi/sushi, their is a slight hint of "crisp" in it despite its raw form. Put it this way, I am actually not a big fan of seafood but I will not give up a chance to have Fugu; given that it's properly prepared, of course; that says something.

As to the rest, those are just the appetizers. This is part of a Kaiseki Dinner course where one is served a full course meal put together and prepared by the head chef. A dedicated well-trained server presents and serves the dishes to the clients. Consider it an elaborate feast of some sort. As you may know, taste is only part of the formula: plating, visual impact and overall presentation and harmonization between one plate to the other play vital roles too.

I've always wanted to try fugu. The pics look amazing VCR. I tried uploading pics, but some would work...some I get a "you did not pick a file" error even if the file was chosen. Just another thing to get frustrated with here. I'll give it another shot later.

I've always wanted to try fugu. The pics look amazing VCR. I tried uploading pics, but some would work...some I get a "you did not pick a file" error even if the file was chosen. Just another thing to get frustrated with here. I'll give it another shot later.

I think LP doesn't like files over a certain size and maybe certain extensions.