Worst case scenario realized

For the life of me, I can't get past 40K for welding and paint on a G...... to fix it the "right" way :eusa_think:

For the life of me, I can't get past 40K for welding and paint on a G...... to fix it the "right" way :eusa_think:

The only way to get the weld hot enough to fix it is a combination of dragons fire and unicorn gizz. Together they make an unbreakable bond to metal. But finding the unicorn or the dragon easily costs $40,000. Sometimes even more depending if you live outside of Middle earth.

In 2007, my 97 Viper had the passenger airbag deploy right after switching the ignition on in the parking lot of a Pepboys while stationary. Dodge immediately fixed it at no cost to me after an inspection by their corporate guy. I can't imagine Lambo not doing the same and then worst case, insurance would take care of that

In 2007, my 97 Viper had the passenger airbag deploy right after switching the ignition on in the parking lot of a Pepboys while stationary. Dodge immediately fixed it at no cost to me after an inspection by their corporate guy. I can't imagine Lambo not doing the same and then worst case, insurance would take care of that

Man thats fcuking random. I can just imagine you sitting there for about 10 seconds going WTF. :shock: :eusa_think:

Man thats fcuking random. I can just imagine you sitting there for about 10 seconds going WTF. :shock: :eusa_think:

He thought it was his girlfriend's left implant at first. :lol2:

An idiot like me would. I would rather get paid or have the car fixed by the insurer then let the insurance company deal with subrogation issues. Happens all the time in my business and who would you rather have fight the manufacturer, you or your insurance company?

:iamwithstupid:

I fail to see why this is not an insurance claim. Pay your deductible and be done with it. The car at some point probably hit a pot hole causing the damage.

He thought it was his girlfriend's left implant at first. :lol2:

(Insert forever alone meme)....I almost crapped my pants. Only time I've ever witnessed an airbag deploy. I was kind of out of it for a couple minutes. But luckily there were witnesses around. I would have been hurting if the drivers side had deployed I'm sure.

Who in their right mind would go straight to an insurance claim when it is obviously a manufacturer defect?

Who said it was a manufacturer defect? The car was used when he bought it, not new. The car, from what I gathered, is a 2006 model.

(Insert forever alone meme)....I almost crapped my pants. Only time I've ever witnessed an airbag deploy. I was kind of out of it for a couple minutes. But luckily there were witnesses around. I would have been hurting if the drivers side had deployed I'm sure.

I hear ya. I had 2 go off when I was trying to rescue someone in a car wreck. That and the resulting shower of broken glass shards scared the bejesus out of me.

The only way to get the weld hot enough to fix it is a combination of dragons fire and unicorn gizz. Together they make an unbreakable bond to metal. But finding the unicorn or the dragon easily costs $40,000. Sometimes even more depending if you live outside of Middle earth.

lol........

Seriously. People live outside middle earth?

lol........

Seriously. People live outside middle earth?

Haha the only middle earth I know is the hippie dorm section from college lol

An idiot like me would. I would rather get paid or have the car fixed by the insurer then let the insurance company deal with subrogation issues. Happens all the time in my business and who would you rather have fight the manufacturer, you or your insurance company?

Call me an idiot too.... I'd make the claim, pay the deductible and get it done correctly. Passing the problem onto somebody else down the road is just plain shitty

This is something I have often wondered about with liability and the boards when it comes to things like this. Do you guys have any kind of exposure?

information provided on a public forum in "good faith" should be protected, I would imagine.

1141963[/url]']

You are not required to disclose damage or paint work or whatever ails a used car during a sale. The can will get kicked down the road.

You are obligated if its an accident claim in some jurisdictions, and if it is over a certain value. But not for stuff you fix yourself.....

If I bought that car and this kind of damage was undisclosed, and then found the damage and this thread, I would crucify the seller.

• 4 months later...

This is getting a bump cause it just kind of up and disappeared. Seems shady as hell but I would be curious as to what the resolution was.

thank god.. because i'm in the market right now for a gallardo and THIS thread LITERALLY made me want to abandon buying one right now for fear that i would end up buying this one. that is just my luck

Wow never realized it was that Gallardo that had all the turbo mishaps that ALSO had this issue. eek. I followed up in the turbo thread to see how it all hashed out but never heard from the guy to see if he ended up happy.

Nice to know its hopefully getting all lined out and not getting "kicked down the road"