My review of the new Huracan....

Was there to test out this afternoon... Didn't see you Allan as maybe u were in the morning? Anyways. The car is good , easy and fun to drive with a big safety built in with esc on... I would say it built on the gallardo and it's done so beautifully. Compared to a mac or 458, the console is middle with the mp having best view of the front giving the perception you are close on the ground vs the 458 being the worst. Visually the new look works well. In terms of power, it's fast but seat of the pants feel, the mac still feels the fastest to me... But this would be another great quasi daily driver... I agree these cars are so advanced it seems they took out the challenge of driving an exotic...it's fun but I feel I'm playing ps3 game out there...no skill needed... I flogged it real hard on the track and nothing happened like a video game....I guess at the end of the day for the true exotic car experience still like what my diablo and ct delivers...but for mindless performance with huge safety built in? It's a good car to have especially with 4wd.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great write up Allan. My next addition is going to be the 458, I've always like the car and the way it drives. Next years update is going to make it spectacular

Great review ...

Looks like another Lambo home run ...

The bean counters are already counting money ... They won't be able to make these fast enough ...

However ... Start saving your money now ...

Aventador with DCT, is gonna be the must have ...

Accurate write up.

I still like the 650 looks, performance, etc..

huracan would be my 2nd choice. But maybe the Spyder would change my mind completely.

Looking forward to seeing the drop top version!

LOL! Don't you make fun of my precious 12C :icon_mrgreen:

That was my "low key" 12C in the parking lot today, my Aventador took a break today but it will be out to stretch its legs tomorrow morning!

Still haven't met the famous Sami yet, but apparently we live in the same neighborhood :icon_super:

Lol, typical Allan.

Let's take the bulls out soon. :icon_thumleft:

Must have stopped for kabobs.

Apparently that guy was a 458 owner and couldn't wrap his head around the lack of racing heritage in the Lambo.

Have you seen the digital dash in real life? I think it looks very cool but I love my gadgets :icon_mrgreen:

I've only seen the Aventador's in real life. While it's very cool to have the features an analog gauge can't, I still see it as a penny-pincher move. But again, it's my opinion, which doesn't mean shit. :lol2:

I agree, the front and rear of the Squadra look horrible, I would have went for the yellow Squadra if it had the STS front/rear.... in the end I'm thrilled with the red STS, and it was good to move out of yellow for bit....

:iamwithstupid: Exactly. The gratification every time I drive the 6.0... The Aventador likely drives around the 6.0 in circles but it is almost boring by comparison.

Not a fan of the final facelift on the S.C.; so STS would be the one for me.

So , Deuce and I went to drive the new Huracan today... Here is my little review. I will compare the car to what Ive experienced in the Mp4, my old 458, and the Aventador.

1. Visually. The Aventador certainly takes the cake. It is by far the best looking exotic available. The Mp4, is inmo the worst of the bunch. There was one in the parking lot today and it does absolutely nothing for me. So that leaves the Huracan and the 458. Being brutally honest, I like the 458. With a few mods, in the right color I think it is a beautiful car. The Huracan is better looking from the front and side, however I think they missed the boat on the back of the Huracan. Its nice, but after the rest of the car, its a disappointment, while one of my favorite angles of the 458 is the back.

2. Interior... The new interior is nice, and looks great in photos. But once inside, it just doesn't seem special. It feels, rather Audi. Now its not really a bad thing. Its very comfortable, all the controls work and fit well. But it just misses something you get with the 458. The Huracan just feels more plastic, more generic, whereas the 458 feels MONEY. Its still a very comfortable car, and you can see and feel the continuous strives all companies are making in trying to make these car more daily driver friendly. Tough choice for me between the 458 and Huracan in this category. I think if using the car daily, the interior works better in the Huracan. Easier to get in and out of, etc, while as a weekend toy I prefer the 458.

3. Sound. The sound is a tough call. The car doesn't sound much different than the old Gallardo from the outside, and its more muted on the inside than a 458. Stock for stock I give this to the 458, although I know the exhaust can be remodied with aftermarket.

4. Driving the car. Make no mistake, this car has lots of Gallardo DNA.. Its not the night and day difference of stepping from say a 430 to a 458. The two most noticeable improvements, are of course the transmission, its fantastic. Super smooth, no noise, instant shifts, and the brakes. Ceramics are now standard, and on the Gallardo ceramics required a bit of a heavy push to get them going, not here. Perfect brake feel. The rest of the cars feel is very familiar, very Gallardo like. If you can imagine a Gallardo Lp560, and if you have driven a Audi R8 with DCT, then you should be able to pretty much picture in your mind what this car feels like to drive. On track I will add, this car is much more fun than the Aventador, but still seems to lack the nimbleness of the 458 and Mp4. I wanted to vbox the car, but there wasnt much interest from the others in letting me do so, so I didnt press the issue. Seat of the pants feel? Im going to say it seems Aventador fast,but not 0-60 in 2.5 sec, or 0-100 in 5.7 fast. It was a very hot day though, and cars being hot lapped all day long may not put down the best times, especially on 91 octane.

So was I blown away, do I want one? No, not really. But then again, none of these new cars excites me, except maybe the Aventador. As these cars get better and better, inmo, they get less and less exciting. I dont want a car that drives like a Cadillac so I can use it daily, I want a car that kicks the crap out of you and lets you know you are in control. As these cars get more and more computer controlled, the driving experience is even more subdued. I figure for me, if I were to be looking for a car in the $280k range, out of the 458, Huracan and 650S, both brand new, Id probably go Huracan. I say that with trepidation, as next year the 458 is coming with Twin Turbos, and if they do it right, I think that will truly be bad ass. Truly spending my own money though, Id just look for a good deal on a used Aventador.

Very good review.

Was there to test out this afternoon... Didn't see you Allan as maybe u were in the morning? Anyways. The car is good , easy and fun to drive with a big safety built in with esc on... I would say it built on the gallardo and it's done so beautifully. Compared to a mac or 458, the console is middle with the mp having best view of the front giving the perception you are close on the ground vs the 458 being the worst. Visually the new look works well. In terms of power, it's fast but seat of the pants feel, the mac still feels the fastest to me... But this would be another great quasi daily driver... I agree these cars are so advanced it seems they took out the challenge of driving an exotic...it's fun but I feel I'm playing ps3 game out there...no skill needed... I flogged it real hard on the track and nothing happened like a video game....I guess at the end of the day for the true exotic car experience still like what my diablo and ct delivers...but for mindless performance with huge safety built in? It's a good car to have especially with 4wd.

Oh, damn. I was there 10:30 .. too bad we missed each other!

Love the Huracan interior, the exterior is too rounded and safe right now for my taste. I think the SL version will be the one to own.

The SL version will help, but the more and more I see of the Huracan, the more and more I don't like it.

Now that the initial excitement has passed, and more people get behind the wheel, the easiest way I can put it, is it's trying to hard to be a Ferrari to get more buyers and losing out on being a Lamborghini because it's a "corporate sell-out."

So Destructo won't be buying :icon_mrgreen: ........ until he test drivers one !!!

I'm not saying it doesn't drive well. :lol2:

I'd take a 570 over the 610 in a heartbeat, and every time. And a 430 Scud, and 458 over a 610 as well. ;)

I'd take a 570 over the 610 in a heartbeat, and every time. And a 430 Scud, and 458 over a 610 as well. ;)

image.jpg

Great write up Allan, always nice to rear actual driving impressions instead of journalists.

Sounds like I won't be ordering the sport seat option I guess ... at 6'9" that just wouldn't be an option.

Instead I would need the Spyder version ... and a helmet for the flies ... lol.

The SL version will help, but the more and more I see of the Huracan, the more and more I don't like it.

Now that the initial excitement has passed, and more people get behind the wheel, the easiest way I can put it, is it's trying to hard to be a Ferrari to get more buyers and losing out on being a Lamborghini because it's a "corporate sell-out."

im also looking forward to see the SL version and spyder. the 1st go around didn't make me do kart wheels lol

A Scud? :eusa_naughty:

If you can imagine a Gallardo Lp560, and if you have driven a Audi R8 with DCT, then you should be able to pretty much picture in your mind what this car feels like to drive.

Told ya....

Brb, just heading for a quick spin in my Huracan Spyder :eusa_dance: