Autocar on Huracan - Too much understeer and not edgy enough

Hovik

Not sure what the deal is...I drove the car this weekend and it handled VERY well. It was super neutral like many Audis with Quattro and I really enjoyed my very, very fast drive through the mountains around Pebble Beach.

I see the understeer as a non-issue for 99% of the people that will buy one of these. Overall, the review seems really positive. Sure does sound great.

thanks for the video, it gives way for a serious discussion. I mean, he's got a point : why does it say ESC off if it is not off ?

and understeer is very disturbing when it's a lot.

what i loved about the LP560 is that when tapping the throttle fully in SPORT mode, it lets you go a littlebit sideways. that's very cool and i loved it.

i'm hoping with remapping it and changing the modes with our own computers we might be able to adapt the modes and turn the ESC really off.

So, let me get this straight.

For 99% of the owners, the car will be fantastic; for the 1% who want to drive like a loony, once in a while, on a race track ..... It's not fun.

Big effin' deal. :icon_mrgreen:

For 99% of the owners, the car will be fantastic; for the 1% who want to drive like a loony, once in a while, on a race track ..... It's not fun.

:iamwithstupid:

I really don't get this obsession with oversteer, I can't remember once I felt the need to wrap a car around a tree, I know I am weird that way.

:iamwithstupid:

I really don't get this obsession with oversteer, I can't remember once I felt the need to wrap a car around a tree, I know I am weird that way.

Some drivers are magicians: They turn cars into trees. ;)

thanks for the video, it gives way for a serious discussion. I mean, he's got a point : why does it say ESC off if it is not off ?

and understeer is very disturbing when it's a lot.

what i loved about the LP560 is that when tapping the throttle fully in SPORT mode, it lets you go a littlebit sideways. that's very cool and i loved it.

i'm hoping with remapping it and changing the modes with our own computers we might be able to adapt the modes and turn the ESC really off.

In my 570 the ESC was never really off, it got a little tail happy but then I could feel

being pulled back in line, I've tried it on the track and road, anyway, I always appreciated the help, I am not a bad driver but handling a 500 to 600 HP car to it's limit unaided wouldn't be an easy task.

I am all for having fun but I also have my children to care for so whatever keeps the rubber on the pavement when I run out of skill I am all for it! :icon_thumleft:

BTW the car in the video looked and sounded incredible!

Good point, got it.

It looks like I'm with all 99%'s driving this car.

Btw to all unsatisfied 1%, the simple answer is - Huracan Trofeo. If you can handle it, that is.

Hovik,

Let me ask you.

We both attended Monticello event. While driving/testing Huracan, was it an issue to you?

Or, simply, we have to get to know/feel Huracan bit more and how to drive it.

After all, there is no perfect car (except Aventador that is :) )

Hovik,

Let me ask you.

We both attended Monticello event. While driving/testing Huracan, was it an issue to you?

Or, simply, we have to get to know/feel Huracan bit more and how to drive it.

After all, there is no perfect car (except Aventador that is :) )

I did not feel that, but we only did 5 laps, too little to understand everything that was happening.

These guys like to show some long slides and sideway action for the pictures and video to look cool. He didn't have much luck with this car. I think it was still an overall positive review. Most potential buyers won't really care about the understeer IMO (any more or less than they care about McLaren being a 10th faster or Speciale lapping a second quicker), I bet it's not noticeable in the majority of real world driving situations.

Superleggera is going to be amazing.

Did someone say my name?

Could it be that he drove the car on the test track in corsa and not sport settings? Corsa has a 20/80 front rear bias whereas sport has a 10/90 front rear bias. Maybe Lamborghini can make this a disclaimer for "slide happy" auto journalists and drivers

Could it be that he drove the car on the test track in corsa and not sport settings? Corsa has a 20/80 front rear bias whereas sport has a 10/90 front rear bias. Maybe Lamborghini can make this a disclaimer for "slide happy" auto journalists and drivers
NICE INFO !!!

Didn't the early production Murcie and in particular the SV had understeer issues reported both by journos and also some owners? The owners then did a geo check and hey presto a big bag of awesome.

the guy tested with esc off... meaning the software was still actively controlling the vehicle. I did try it and I did notice understeer on the car, which to me is not an issue since understeer is way easier to handle than oversteer... And considering that most of the time, mid engine cars are super hard to recover with oversteer, not necessarily a bad thing... I think people need to understand the handling characteristics before listening to journalist that have maybe a days worth of seat time vs owners who spend way more time on the cars. Most journalists test these cars out on a track, no traffic, and with a bundle of experience are that 1% vs the rest of us....

He is totally off

First, it's not even close to the prettiest Lambo

Second, Huracan's biggest problem is lack of excitement and connection to the driver. It feels fast, capable in corners and nearly invincible. But, it didn't excite me until I got over 120mph which in my Gallardo comes much earlier.

New gen super cars such as Huracan, 12c and 458 all have this problem. After my test drive, I asked my brother w a 458 and he said it felt the same when he upgraded from 360 to 458

I predict Huracan will see a lot of first time exotic buyers that will dump the car and try something else. The resale is going to suck for these and time will tell what this means to Gallardo pricing

I predict Huracan will see a lot of first time exotic buyers that will dump the car and try something else. The resale is going to suck for these and time will tell what this means to Gallardo pricing

The Gallardo is already by far the "safest" and least playful, in terms of oversteer, kinda car, and Lamborghini sold 14,000. The Aventador is far, far safer, and less playful than the Murci, and it's selling like hot cakes, with an unbelievably strong secondary market.

This is like predicting the bottom is going to fall out of the market because you can't get a stick drive any more. It simply isn't supported by the market. The market buys looks, brand, and every day drivability.

From my brief ride in a Huracan, it also, btw, seemed at LEAST as playful as a Gallardo. The Gallardo is really extremely prone to understeer. The Huracan seemed much less so.

Not that it really matters because all these cars are money losers but I think the Huracan on the secondary market will hold just as well as the Aventador does, obviously not for some of us that pay taxes through the nose but for those countries where the car is around $250k to $300k, they should hover around the $200k mark for quite a long time, not sure if I remember correctly but I remember reading that orders placed today will only be delivered late April early May 2015.

Not that it really matters because all these cars are money losers but I think the Huracan on the secondary market will hold just as well as the Aventador does, obviously not for some of us that pay taxes through the nose but for those countries where the car is around $250k to $300k, they should hover around the $200k mark for quite a long time, not sure if I remember correctly but I remember reading that orders placed today will only be delivered late April early May 2015.

go to 5:18 and 6:30, you see me going sideways and playing a little.

thats what i loved about my LP560

and i don't think you can do that with a huracan. maybe we can change the settings electronically ?

Invalid Video Link

If these journalists are so intent on pushing the car to the limit on a track, I think they should have borrowed a Huracan with the optional Trofeo or even Corsa tires. The Huracan equipped with Trofeo has proven faster than a 458 Speciale in at least one track. I do not think those laptimes would have been possible with heavy understeer. For the majority of drivers though who stay off the track, the understeer attitude of the regular tires is probably a safer option.

I just dont get it why these seasoned journalists would keep on testing the car in the regular tire spec and then complain of dissapointing understeer. There is clearly a tire available for tracking the Huracan that maximizes its performance. The Quatro Route journalists were wise enough to get it, these Autocar guys didnt seem to have done so.