way under priced for way to long

Steve Waldie

WHO KNOW WHAT THEY REALLY WORTH BUT THEY ARE DEFINATELY GOING UP FINALLY, FOR YEARS I WAS ONE OF THE ONLY ONES WITH SEVERAL COUNTACH'S , THEY WERE IMPOSSIBLE TO SELL AND EASY TO BUY, MY WIFE HATED ME BUYING THEM , IT WAS ALWAYS MY FAVORITE CAR SO I BOUGHT MANY OF THEM, I KEPT A FEW OF THEM OVER THE YEARS,HOPEFULLY THEY CONTINUE TO RISE IN PRICE, ALL I CAN SAY IS IF A DINO IS $500K THEN A COUNTACH SHOULD BE $5,000,000 HA /Users/stevenwaldie/Desktop/WALDIES WORLD/IMG_8973.JPG

IMG_8973.JPG

That yellow CT is HOT. Beautiful car! :icon_super:

I doubt your wife is complaining now! ;) what a line-up you have! :icon_thumleft:

I remember looking at that very same car at Steves old place 3-4 years ago when I was in the hunt. I never could figure it out that a 6 cylinder fiat.....err Ferrari....err Dino...what ever it is could be worth so much.

I remember looking at that very same car at Steves old place 3-4 years ago when I was in the hunt. I never could figure it out that a 6 cylinder fiat.....err Ferrari....err Dino...what ever it is could be worth so much.

while it may not be as 'exotic' The Dinois one very beautiful car, and very much embodies the style of the era, In fact I'd have one over a Countach any day, comparing the price of a Dino to a Miura is probably a fairer comparison than to a Countach. if it were a choice of a Dino vs a Miura then that would be a different discussion.

The Ferrari equivalent of the Countach of the era would surely be the old BB's or perhaps Testarossa's.

while it may not be as 'exotic' The Dinois one very beautiful car, and very much embodies the style of the era, In fact I'd have one over a Countach any day, comparing the price of a Dino to a Miura is probably a fairer comparison than to a Countach. if it were a choice of a Dino vs a Miura then that would be a different discussion.

The Ferrari equivalent of the Countach of the era would surely be the old BB's or perhaps Testarossa's.

208-Old-School-quotes.gif

image.jpg

I'm just suggesting a dino isn't a comparison to a countach, in terms of era and style it would be more comparable to a miura, and it will for ever be light years behind.

THEY WERE IMPOSSIBLE TO SELL AND EASY TO BUY

Isn't this the same yellow car that you sold a few years ago? The white interior that had been hanging around for months at around $114? ...and I was saying to myself, *meh* the wheels kill it for me... Now look at me, :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

Isn't this the same yellow car that you sold a few years ago? The white interior that had been hanging around for months at around $114? ...and I was saying to myself, *meh* the wheels kill it for me... Now look at me, :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

I know this car from its early days of being driven around FT Lauderdale by a couple of cuban guys with the dash lit up like an Xmas tree. Then it was forsale at a Dealer called Auto Panache where I looked at it to buy it.. Plenty of spot painting and car could barely run. Great to see it in perfect condition again . Love the car ( but I agree Id rather have the original wheels)

sorry but the Dino is MEGAOVER priced to me

it is nice looking and good balanced... but that is almost all pros it has

countach is an icon for design, mecanics and was THE supercar of late 70's-early 80's as much as the F40 is THE supercar of late 80's

Dino shared its engine with fiat dino coupè and spider, this is not secondary importance

please consider this: 308 is dino's successor and ferrari intended the successor to be quite superior to the dino

they made 308 with a V8, with a proper ferrari engine, they considered the 308 a real, even if small ferrari, while the dino was considered at birth "almost" a ferrari and so the dino badge.

Dino is beautiful, really nice looking.... this is true

nobody can argue this but today's value is imo completely crazy for what the car is and the value countach, BB and 308 have now

sorry but imo dino should be worth half a countach or a BB ...i think 200k$ at best and not 450k$ plus...it lacks a serious Ferrari engine, racing pedigree, performance...

i think it should be worth a tad more than a 308 and not ten times more.makes little sense pay 450k$ for a dino when you think what you can buy with that amount. too many alternatives really and many much cheaper....BB, testarossa, 365 GT 2+2, 308 glass, countach, mangusta...and the list goes on and on

Dino ??? could not give me one. A friend of mine told me 30 years ago, a Countach is a mans car. My wife even needs more than a Dino can give...way over rated and over priced :(

Nice man cave!

Looks like Haggerty has finally caught up... 300-500K for non aniversary QVs

WHO KNOW WHAT THEY REALLY WORTH BUT THEY ARE DEFINATELY GOING UP FINALLY, FOR YEARS I WAS ONE OF THE ONLY ONES WITH SEVERAL COUNTACH'S , THEY WERE IMPOSSIBLE TO SELL AND EASY TO BUY, MY WIFE HATED ME BUYING THEM , IT WAS ALWAYS MY FAVORITE CAR SO I BOUGHT MANY OF THEM, I KEPT A FEW OF THEM OVER THE YEARS,HOPEFULLY THEY CONTINUE TO RISE IN PRICE, ALL I CAN SAY IS IF A DINO IS $500K THEN A COUNTACH SHOULD BE $5,000,000 HA /Users/stevenwaldie/Desktop/WALDIES WORLD/IMG_8973.JPG

Hey Steve, yes you are right. I recall very well the era where nobody wanted them or wanted them at $50K or less. I even heard "why do you want to buy a countach? they are just museum piece. go and buy a real car.."

That was one of the advices...

Now they are out of touch for many making less than $400K /year.

Never understood the Dino fanaticism: a pretty 6 cyl glorified Fiat...

The trick today is to find car with a similar countach profile that is easy to find and will appreciate that way 10 years from now.

The trick today is to find car with a similar countach profile that is easy to find and will appreciate that way 10 years from now.

Mangusta

Diablo

BMW E30 M3

Maserati Bora

Ferrari 308 GTB

Mangusta

Diablo

BMW E30 M3

Maserati Bora

Ferrari 308 GTB

Testarosas are cheap IMO

Mangusta

Diablo

BMW E30 M3

Maserati Bora

Ferrari 308 GTB

correct: add 512 TR to the list and rare pantera (GTS-GT5-GT5S...)

• 2 weeks later...
correct: add 512 TR to the list and rare pantera (GTS-GT5-GT5S...)

TESTAROSSA ALSO A GREAT INVESTMENT JUST A LOT OF THEM 7177 !!!!! I DO WISH THEY MADE THAT MANY COUNTACH'S THOUGH, SORRY TO OFFEND ANY DINO OWNERS I LIKE THEM VERY NEAT LOOKING CAR , BUT COMPARED TO A COUNTACH ITS LIKE A 10 STANDING NEXT TO A 2 , BOTH GREAT INVESTMENTS BUT IN MY MIND NO COMPARISON, EVERYONES TASTE IS IN THEIR MOUTH, WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT , SOME PEOPLE CLIMB MOUNTAINS AND OTHERS DATE THEM, I NEVER KNOCK ANYONE FOR THEIR LIKES OR DISLIKES HAHA DIABLO REALLY COOL ALSO

IMG_2134.JPG

IMG_1884.JPG