TI (Texas Invitational, Oct 3rd-5th) 2014.

avengerr

Trap doesn't mean anything in a race. All about that ET. Gearing and etc plays into the trap. I shift into 6th before the line so it kills my trap. But I bet my ET was really good :) When I shift from 5th to 6th I got from pulling 1.3Gs to .6 Gs.... Just kills the momentum and I lose 8-10 mph.

Nice!!! 1.3 G when accelerating in 5th. How much G are you pulling in first or second gear?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 300MPH
Trap doesn't mean anything in a race. All about that ET. Gearing and etc plays into the trap. I shift into 6th before the line so it kills my trap. But I bet my ET was really good :) When I shift from 5th to 6th I got from pulling 1.3Gs to .6 Gs.... Just kills the momentum and I lose 8-10 mph.

Is your 6th gear ratio twice as tall as 5th gear?

That would be the only way your car would pull 1/2 as hard in 6th as compared to 5th(.6 G's as compared to 1.3-1.4).

As far as load goes the higher speeds favor the boost coming right back up after the shift. I can understand losing a few MPH on the shift at those speeds with the aero drag.

How long does it take from the time the power is cut to to make the shift until 100% of the power to be brought back in after the shift?

Guest 300MPH
There was a A20 that looked like a Stock GTR , when i mean stock .. I mean 100% stock. In a parking lot you would not know it was modified. That particular car beat 2r+ over 2000whp Lambo. Don't fool yourself.. Most of these lambos are air to water also (means Ice in the IC) they also need to have the plugs changed out after 500-1000 miles of abuse. If you live west coast that is VERY expensive to ship out and get swapped out. look ,at the end 2000whp will be on borrowed time and will break. its a 7 sec car.

1 out 5 will break at these events.. GTR or Lambo.. its the nature of the game. If you think you will buy a 2000hp car and it wont break you have another thing coming… A+M+S will not warranty anything over 1600whp… I can't blame them.

Good post!

5.43 seconds for the ASS GTR 100-200 MPH is phenomenal! Can anybody post a V-Box for the Lambos' 100-200? Thanks!

The video of that race is ridiculous to see that GTR blow by that Lambo like that!

That would be the only way your car would pull 1/2 as hard in 6th as compared to 5th(.6 G's as compared to 1.3-1.4).

As far as load goes the higher speeds favor the boost coming right back up after the shift. I can understand losing a few MPH on the shift at those speeds with the aero drag.

How long does it take from the time the power is cut to to make the shift until 100% of the power to be brought back in after the shift?

It might be actually. I would have to ask UGR to be honest. E gear doesn't shift the fastest, there is just so much drag on the car when you shift 5-6 at those speeds.

Good post!

5.43 seconds for the ASS GTR 100-200 MPH is phenomenal! Can anybody post a V-Box for the Lambos' 100-200? Thanks!

The video of that race is ridiculous to see that GTR blow by that Lambo like that!

Yeah that is pretty fast. I never made it to 200 so I cannot tell you what mine was. 100-150 was 2.2-2.4 all day. Which is really fast considering there is 2 shifts in there.

There was a A20 that looked like a Stock GTR , when i mean stock .. I mean 100% stock. In a parking lot you would not know it was modified. That particular car beat 2r+ over 2000whp Lambo. Don't fool yourself.. Most of these lambos are air to water also (means Ice in the IC) they also need to have the plugs changed out after 500-1000 miles of abuse. If you live west coast that is VERY expensive to ship out and get swapped out. look ,at the end 2000whp will be on borrowed time and will break. its a 7 sec car.

1 out 5 will break at these events.. GTR or Lambo.. its the nature of the game. If you think you will buy a 2000hp car and it wont break you have another thing coming… A+M+S will not warranty anything over 1600whp… I can't blame them.

2k whp would have gone 195-200 mph in speed indexing. Dustin took care of all the other GTR's that were there and was beat by the fastest GTR on the planet. Who's car got beat that you are claiming made over 2,000 whp by a street GTR? How fast did this 2k whp go in speed index? 180's? Use your head. thanks

No rule at TI says you can't run a 15 inch DR DOT tire.

Really? I thought these events tried to exclude things like that. Otherwise it would just take a POS or viper on a big drag radial running an auto tranny to come out and ruin everyones day.

2k whp would have gone 195-200 mph in speed indexing. Dustin took care of all the other GTR's that were there and was beat by the fastest GTR on the planet. Who's car got beat that you are claiming made over 2,000 whp by a street GTR? How fast did this 2k whp go in speed index? 180's? Use your head. thanks

I don't think there is a customer car out there in the world that will beat your customer cars.... Just isn't going to happen. Everyone thought all these Alpha 20s and 99 cars were going to take down customer cars.... nope

Sam, I haven't lost to a customer GTR all year and look at all the customer cars I have raced. Mike, Cranberry, few other 1500 hp GTRs in the streets at tx2k, Shin's Alpha 20, Austin's ETS 99 car, plenty of other 1300+hp GTRs too. It will be a long time before a customer has an lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu package. lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu still has to prove it can be reliable.

Really? I thought these events tried to exclude things like that. Otherwise it would just take a POS or viper on a big drag radial running an auto tranny to come out and ruin everyones day.

Let them bring what ever. It really doesn't bother me. Look at Mullet racing in his shorts, loafers, radio blaring YMCA, AC on and then watch the GTR guys lol. Packing chutes, putting gas in their fuel cell, no AC, no radio, warming up their drag tires, and etc.

A lot less stressful with a true street car. But I am all for them bringing what ever. I want good fun races, and that is what I got. It was fun as hell.

I called ASS when they were selling some fancy dancy black GT-R that had every part they made about 1-1.5yrs ago and they REFUSED to warranty the transmission and only said the engine was covered. I was ready to buy it sight unseen but walked away when they told me that. I think it was getting close to $200K too and to not warranty a huge part of the build I didn't feel comfortable. I wish there was a better option for the plugs on VP import but there isn't this minute. On 1100hp pump gas, they last a long time into what I would call a yearly change if they weren't on VP import.

The GTT's shift pretty fast but not like a GT-R. GTT egear is about as fast as a human can shift (kevin might be the exception) but its just like a manual transmission shifted electronically. Typically fastest would be under 200 milliseconds for shift change but up to 500 milliseconds from the time a gear is deselected until it is selected and back in full boost again. Thats a lot of time to lose.

GT-R doesn't lose almost anything at all between shifts.

So, how much power was duhawks putting down against lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu? I thought he said (on another forum) that it wasn't a 2000whp setup. Sorry for my innaccuracies. I said on the gtr forum, I want to see the matchul between UR's shop car and ASS' shop car. Anyway, you guys are all bad asses in my book.

Lol, why is the forum adding words to my posts, so weird. I never wrote "lambsa lambda lambda"

UGR owners have nothing to worry about. No street car can come close. The 0mega is shop car and as far as I know, it's not released as a package yet. Wth the new R8 and Huracan in development, a 'W' is guaranteed in every street event. Nothing will touch that platform. The only thing holding back the current lambos was the transmission. That's no longer an issue.

So, how much power was duhawks putting down against lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu mu mu? I thought he said (on another forum) that it wasn't a 2000whp setup. Sorry for my innaccuracies. I said on the gtr forum, I want to see the matchul between UR's shop car and ASS' shop car. Anyway, you guys are all bad asses in my book.

Lol, why is the forum adding words to my posts, so weird. I never wrote "lambsa lambda lambda"

We advertise the 2R at 1750 whp. We always advertise low. We have pushed those cars to 1900+ whp, its rare we do that.

As far as I can tell he's just an idiot with a supercharged POS.

/the og idiot with the supercharged POS :D

And will someone get rid of this fcuking filter already?

I owned a GTR and Became really good friends with Eric and the crew from A+M+S .Just B/c I sold my GTR does not mean the shit talking that Kevin , Dustin and Fadi had to end. We have been talking shit for 3 years.. UG has run the show and these 3 have not been shy in letting me have it. Making Video , MEME's etc... I take it like a champ. Its all in good fun. Kevin knows i respect his work. To win 5 ti events is a feat for ANY shop. You want the fastest Lambo you go to UG. History has proven that.

As far as calling me an idiot.. nothing new about a tough guy behind the computer trying to sounds cool.

Mullets car is making over 2000WHP , he lost to Shin. You can down play all you want.

Duhawks car was prob on close to 2000. He is a 2r with 3r parts. you can down play that also.

I don't think there is a customer car out there in the world that will beat your customer cars.... Just isn't going to happen. Everyone thought all these Alpha 20s and 99 cars were going to take down customer cars.... nope

Sam, I haven't lost to a customer GTR all year and look at all the customer cars I have raced. Mike, Cranberry, few other 1500 hp GTRs in the streets at tx2k, Shin's Alpha 20, Austin's ETS 99 car, plenty of other 1300+hp GTRs too. It will be a long time before a customer has an lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu mu package. lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu mu still has to prove it can be reliable.

Shin said he was catching you up top , I have not seen the video so i can only tell you what he told me. If he was indeed pulling you in, then yeah you a jump would determine the winner in a street race. Again until i seed the video then who knows.

I owned a GTR and Became really good friends with Eric and the crew from A+M+S .Just B/c I sold my GTR does not mean the shit talking that Kevin , Dustin and Fadi had to end. We have been talking shit for 3 years.. UG has run the show and these 3 have not been shy in letting me have it. Making Video , MEME's etc... I take it like a champ. Its all in good fun. Kevin knows i respect his work. To win 5 ti events is a feat for ANY shop. You want the fastest Lambo you go to UG. History has proven that.

As far as calling me an idiot.. nothing new about a tough guy behind the computer trying to sounds cool.

Mullets car is making over 2000WHP , he lost to Shin. You can down play all you want.

Duhawks car was prob on close to 2000. He is a 2r with 3r parts. you can down play that also.

So why was Dustin car faster than Mullets? If Mullet was making over 2k and went 180's and Dustin was making under 2,000 and went 195... I dont get where you come up with your WHP #'s. Please explain how this is possible.

Shin said he was catching you up top , I have not seen the video so i can only tell you what he told me. If he was indeed pulling you in, then yeah you a jump would determine the winner in a street race. Again until i seed the video then who knows.

I let off the gas on some runs. Everything happened so fast I really cannot tell you what happened. I want to see the videos too. But as expected Alpha 16 and 1R is a good race, 2R and Alpha 20 is a good race.

So why was Dustin car faster than Mullets? If Mullet was making over 2k and went 180's and Dustin was making under 2,000 and went 195... I dont get where you come up with your WHP #'s. Please explain how this is possible.

manuel cars ( none sequential shifters like in the green car) will trap lower to the fact you are losing boost between shifts. Unless you are power shifting. If a GTR was a manual gearbox it would trap low 190 vs 200. You lose momentum between shifts. In such a short race every time you shift the speedo will drop. You are telling me Mullet sent his car back to put a manual gearbox to only stay with a 2r? come on..

No way you sent Mullet out there with a simple 1800 2r, when he was telling 1320 its more than a 2R.

what was the X package trapping ?

manuel cars ( none sequential shifters like in the green car) will trap lower to the fact you are losing boost between shifts. Unless you are power shifting. If a GTR was a manual gearbox it would trap low 190 vs 200. You lose momentum between shifts. In such a short race every time you shift the speedo will drop. You are telling me Mullet sent his car back to put a manual gearbox to only stay with a 2r? come on..

No way you sent Mullet out there with a simple 1800 2r, when he was telling 1320 its more than a 2R.

So basicallly you are saying Mullet is a slow shifter which led to his low MPH and loss to a GTR?

Tag's silver car went 195 and it was a 6 speed. (speed index) and he was not flat foot shifting. Hmmm.

My X was trapping 200 in strict speed index. Only car to do so. Only X that was there as well. Too bad I didnt get to continue... Not too bad for first time testing the car. Been nice to see what it would have done when I turned it to the higher settings. Maybe next time. ;)

As far as I know Kevins shop car had one legit run before the eliminations with 201 mph, which was the fastest on that day.

So basicallly you are saying Mullet is a slow shifter which led to his low MPH and loss to a GTR?

Tag's silver car went 195 and it was a 6 speed. (speed index) and he was not flat foot shifting. Hmmm.

My X was trapping 200 in strict speed index. Only car to do so. Only X that was there as well. Too bad I didnt get to continue... Not too bad for first time testing the car. Been nice to see what it would have done when I turned it to the higher settings. Maybe next time. ;)

Your X is not a standard manual ? I was told it is a sequential air shift setup ?

Mullet drove well , I am sure his shifts were in the .3 .4 which will impact the trap speed and more importantly the E.T. Dustin was prob 1 sec quicker to the line from the hit. Which is A LOT .

I am pretty sure you will be the favorite again in the next ti. Makes it fun. You don't want to always be on top it gets lonely..

This is the sound of Underground. This is the sound of Underground.

Keepin it classy, as always.

Losers, literally and figuratively.

Man you just came over to this forum to troll and hate? You probably don´t even know any of the stuff that actually went down and just want to make it look bad. Do us all a favor and go back to GTRlife where you can spread your BS all day long but if you don´t have anything to contribute here i suggest you leave your keyboard alone and do something useful.