Mannheim Request

AzExoticLover

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can anyone provide me with some recent auction #'s and or a solid wholesale price on this car?

Thanks so much

Oct 4 - Oct 11 2014

Above Average Below

Auction $171,000 $157,000 $144,000

Est. Retail $184,000 $157,000 $131,000

10/02/14 PA Regular $169,500 5,463 Avg ORANGE 8G No

09/25/14 RIVRSIDE Regular $135,000 20,586 Below WHITE 8G A Yes

09/10/14 PALM BCH Regular $143,000 5,329 Below SILVER 8G A No

08/13/14 PALM BCH Regular $167,500 3,698 Avg WHITE 8G A Yes

05/08/14 RIVRSIDE Lease $175,000 7,709 Above ORANGE 8G A Yes

04/08/14 PALM BCH Regular $172,000 1,254 Above ORANGE 8G P Yes

04/08/14 PALM BCH Regular $167,000 5,302 Avg ORANGE 8G A Yes

Weird that they are on eBay for the same price that they are going for at auction. There are 5 of them (2012MY) on there right now for $175k or under, reasonable mileage, and they're all from dealers. Meaning, I'm sure you could negotiate $10k off that price without issue.

Kind of surprising isn't it?

There's even a '13 online for $180k. It has 11k miles on it but who cares.

My neighbor just traded his '13 coupe in for $170k with 3,000 miles.

My neighbor just traded his '13 coupe in for $170k with 3,000 miles.

Well then that makes sense that there are '13 cars online for $10-15k above that...

Well then that makes sense that there are '13 cars online for $10-15k above that...

There was a 2013 spider with 5,000 miles sold for $195,000.

There was a 2013 spider with 5,000 miles sold for $195,000.

Pretty darn good for a spider.

The 12cs have gotten killed on the secondary market. I lost my ass on my coupe and convertible with minimal miles and I got lots of $ off sticker on both. I caution anyone who buys a McLaren to wait and make sure most of the depreciation has already hit.

The 12cs have gotten killed on the secondary market. I lost my ass on my coupe and convertible with minimal miles and I got lots of $ off sticker on both. I caution anyone who buys a McLaren to wait and make sure most of the depreciation has already hit.

Great advice! :icon_thumleft:

At $170 for a 2012 and $180 for a 2013 (coupes), do you feel like that has happened?

At $170 for a 2012 and $180 for a 2013 (coupes), do you feel like that has happened?

yes, but it hasn't quite happened all the way on the convertible 12c and definitely hasn't on the 650s

I got huge off MSRP on that blue coupe and still took a bath when getting out. Worst depreciation on any exotic car I can remember? For those who like the car, it's now a great bargain. But it'll take some real baller balls to jump into a new car these days.

I got huge off MSRP on that blue coupe and still took a bath when getting out. Worst depreciation on any exotic car I can remember? For those who like the car, it's now a great bargain. But it'll take some real baller balls to jump into a new car these days.

People who would sell a Carrera GT to get one and have extensive bandanna collection kind of deep pockets. :icon_mrgreen:

People who would sell a Carrera GT to get one and have extensive bandanna collection kind of deep pockets. :icon_mrgreen:

i lol'd.

DAYUM! ;)

ill be the first to admit McLaren made mistakes with the 12c and they paid a price for it. (luckily I didn't get hurt bad)

but with the 650s & P1 I think they nailed it! time will tell.

right now there is no other car on the market that does everything as well as the 650 does IMO (under 500k)

for now I couldn't be happier! :eek3dance:

Quick Heads Up: the 2013 on Ebay (Black w/ wheels) for 169k was in a major accident and has had the entire front end replaced (front bumper, hood, both front quarter panels, windshield, ect and both airbags have been deployed). Long story short: some guys 18 year old kid took it out for a spin and wrecked it pretty bad into a guard rail in Florida. The insurance company didnt want to declare it at a total loss, so they fixed it. The Dealer was pretty open about all of this and sharing with me upfront (which was cool).. So when pricing them, throw this specific car (169k) out as it is not indicative of the other 2013's for sale right now as far as pricing goes..

The same dealer has a silver 05 for 159k with 5k miles (which he paid 143K from auction)... Kind of a boring looking car (color combo) but if could be had for around 150k, not a bad deal I guess (but I still think these will fall a bit more..)

• 2 weeks later...

I had that silver car down to 153, but decided to wait more. I love the options but hate silver. I think they will drop another 5% in the next 5 months and 10% in another year when all the 2012's are out of warranty. Unfortunately 15K makes a difference for me so i have to wait it out s tad longer.