Free Redbull or $10 if you are in the US

sprite

Any other details? Seems to be a phishing scam to me. No court docs, dead links, etc.

The links are working now, I think I just posted it before they were done uploading the website.

A friend pointed this out to me yesterday on facebook, just reading about it made me want to punch everyone involved. Frivolous is an understatement.

A friend pointed this out to me yesterday on facebook, just reading about it made me want to punch everyone involved. Frivolous is an understatement.

:iamwithstupid:

I use to work for RedBull and this is the most obnoxious claim I have ever heard.

This is worst then the lady suing McDonalds for serving her hot coffee.

Im not saying I agree with this lawsuit

but the suit isn't that Red Bull doesnt give you actual wings.

Its because "Even though there is a lack of genuine scientific support for a claim that Red Bull branded energy drinks provide any more benefit to a consumer than a cup of coffee, the Red Bull defendants persistently and pervasively market their product as a superior source of ‘energy’ worthy of a premium price over a cup of coffee or other sources of caffeine.”

try telling people you drink 3 Red Bull per day vs 3 coffee/tea and see what reaction you get. Almost everyone thinks Red Bull has crazy amounts of caffeine when typically its no different then a coffee

Also the plaintiff Benjamin Careathers is a lawyer...

Its because "Even though there is a lack of genuine scientific support for a claim that Red Bull branded energy drinks provide any more benefit to a consumer than a cup of coffee, the Red Bull defendants persistently and pervasively market their product as a superior source of ‘energy’ worthy of a premium price over a cup of coffee or other sources of caffeine.”

try telling people you drink 3 Red Bull per day vs 3 coffee/tea and see what reaction you get. Almost everyone thinks Red Bull has crazy amounts of caffeine when typically its no different then a coffee

We know that....and still think its the dumbest fcuking lawsuit. Anyone who thought otherwise is a jackass......

We know that....and still think its the dumbest fcuking lawsuit. Anyone who thought otherwise is a jackass......

Ed Zachary.

You are completely mistaken. When any direct to consumer in field marketing is done RedBull NEVER claims to have extreme levels of caffeine. When you work for RedBull they spend an extreme amount of time training their employess to ensure when you deal with customers you are able to educate them on why RedBull is RedBull and the secret sauce that makes it superior to all other energy drinks. The claim is bogus and the plaintiff is a tool.

I say just a marketing decision... look at all the free PR they're getting. They usually have to dump those millions in ad buys anyway...

I say just a marketing decision... look at all the free PR they're getting. They usually have to dump those millions in ad buys anyway...

Hardly free.

$13 mill is a dumb number anyways, I'm sure with all the people getting in on this we will all get checks for like $0.01 that no one will cash.

$13 mill is a dumb number anyways, I'm sure with all the people getting in on this we will all get checks for like $0.01 that no one will cash.

No shit, I'm thinking USPS will get the biggest payout after the attorneys.

I guess it depends on how many people check the 15 dollars in red bull products. That could equal like a 6 pack of the small cans. Basically free advertising.

The whole thing is free advertising. THere's nothing that is really negative to redbull. I'll bet this is added to their advertising budget anyway.

I'll bet this is added to their advertising budget anyway.

Most likely. And the way they roll advertising seems to be a massive percentage of their operating budget.

RedBull and the secret sauce that makes it superior to all other energy drinks.

Is that the sauce that if one leaves a can of half finished redbull in a car overnight then the next day it smells like godzilla ate a chemical plant and puked in it? Seriously, that would be my lawsuit - whatever that smell is a product of, is not intended for consumption by anyone but godzilla.

Is that the sauce that if one leaves a can of half finished redbull in a car overnight then the next day it smells like godzilla ate a chemical plant and puked in it? Seriously, that would be my lawsuit - whatever that smell is a product of, is not intended for consumption by anyone but godzilla.

LOL. I left an empty low carb monster in my car in Arizona and it took 3 days for the smell to go away, so I understand this.